GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

4GS Owners, What's Your Top 3 Cars Under 200K?

Old 01-29-15, 06:33 PM
PirelliRC
Lead Lap

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

3.1 secs huh ? wow, didnt know the Tesla was that fast. I thought they were in the high 3s, like 3.9 secs or something. That is very impressive i must say. Kudos to Tesla for that.

But man as you said, it really dies off quickly. It does the quarter mile in 12.9 secs, The hellcat is 10.7 secs, what a massive difference. Just for comparison our GS does the quarter mile in 14.0 secs, only 1.1 secs slower than the Tesla and it only has 306 hp compared to the 691 by Tesla. Also if you drive the Tesla hard like that, i doubt you will get over 150 miles on a full charge.
Old 01-29-15, 07:12 PM
MEAHT
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

"During the run the Tesla Model S P85D set a new world record (verified by NEDRA) for being the quickest and fastest production electric car in the world running 11.6 @ 114.6 MPH down the 1/4 mile with a very impressive 1.65 60′ time. 0-60 MPH came in last just 3.1 seconds during the run as per the VBOX."

http://www.streetcardrags.com/tesla-...e-drag-racing/

------

The target time for tesla team for the model S p85D in a quarter mile race was the mclaren f1

here you can see a list of 5 supercars that are slower than the tesla...
http://gas2.org/2014/10/10/5-superca...-model-s-p85d/
Old 01-29-15, 07:25 PM
PirelliRC
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by MEAHT
"During the run the Tesla Model S P85D set a new world record (verified by NEDRA) for being the quickest and fastest production electric car in the world running 11.6 @ 114.6 MPH down the 1/4 mile with a very impressive 1.65 60′ time. 0-60 MPH came in last just 3.1 seconds during the run as per the VBOX."

http://www.streetcardrags.com/tesla-...e-drag-racing/

------

The target time for tesla team for the model S p85D in a quarter mile race was the mclaren f1

here you can see a list of 5 supercars that are slower than the tesla...
http://gas2.org/2014/10/10/5-superca...-model-s-p85d/
that is incredible actually. 11.6 @ 114 mph definitely puts it in the super car category. The engineers there are doing a heck of a job, and i thought Tesla's stocks were going down, similar to the fate the Fisker Karma suffered (which was a really nice looking car). I hope Tesla is here to stay and i might get into them if they extend the range of the vehicle on a charge. Im curious how the Tesla will do on a track, i would bet the Porsche, the 599, and the McLaren will for sure beat it on a track.

Last edited by PirelliRC; 01-29-15 at 07:42 PM.
Old 01-29-15, 08:26 PM
MEAHT
Lead Lap

didnt click on that link did ya? Those cars are all beaten by the tesla.

Funny you posted the fisker, just saw that car 2 days ago at gas station next to my job, same exact color too. Did a quick double take, since its not often you see one
Old 01-29-15, 08:47 PM
PirelliRC
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by MEAHT
didnt click on that link did ya? Those cars are all beaten by the tesla.

Funny you posted the fisker, just saw that car 2 days ago at gas station next to my job, same exact color too. Did a quick double take, since its not often you see one
i did, i read the article, thats why i mentioned those 3 specific vehicles. In the article spoke about 0-60 times, i was wondering how it would do on a circuit track.
Old 01-29-15, 09:18 PM
MEAHT
Lead Lap

ah sorry my bad :P
Old 01-29-15, 10:38 PM
SlangBlade
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I really like the way the Fisker looks, but it's *relatively* slow in comparison, and not quite in the same category as it has an onboard engine to charge the battery. I wonder if it would have been more successful if they had made it solely electric.
Old 01-30-15, 05:02 PM
PirelliRC
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by SlangBlade
I really like the way the Fisker looks, but it's *relatively* slow in comparison, and not quite in the same category as it has an onboard engine to charge the battery. I wonder if it would have been more successful if they had made it solely electric.
Fisker was the first one to combine hybrid electric technology with gasoline engines and make it a vehicle that didn't look like pure crap like the prius and the the Nissan leaf, too bad they went bankrupt. The coolest part of the car was the solar panels on the roof. You cannot bend solar panels so they came up with some crazy and phenomenal engineering to give it a slight curve. Most people thought the solar panels on the roof charged the batteries, however the solar panels just provided energy to the a/c and other minimal on board electronics. I do hope the Swedish company makes a comeback because that design is gorgeous.

Old 01-30-15, 05:16 PM
sick21
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

^^I read on Autoblog that they are indeed going to make a comeback with Fisker so I guess we shall wait and see.
Old 01-31-15, 06:09 PM
PirelliRC
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by sick21
^^I read on Autoblog that they are indeed going to make a comeback with Fisker so I guess we shall wait and see.
hope so. I believe the next generation of super cars that we will see will all feature the 3 way power technology that the LaFerrari, Porsche 918 Sypder, and the McLaren P1 have. These cars are "hyper" cars and they all have a big engines, and are supplemented with electric power, and you can operate them on Pure Gas, All Electric, or a hyrbid combination of the two. And they all get pretty good mpg, you can get up to 80 mpg with the Porsche and McLaren on pure Electric mode for about 20-30 miles then the engine kicks in. The LaFerrari has 950 hp, the Mclaren P1 has 903 hp, and the Porsche 918 has 887 hp. And they all do 0-60 under 3 secs. And the best part is they all cost over 1 million dollars.

Last edited by PirelliRC; 01-31-15 at 06:12 PM.
Old 01-31-15, 07:09 PM
jjscsix
Racer

Received 69 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by PirelliGS
hope so. I believe the next generation of super cars that we will see will all feature the 3 way power technology that the LaFerrari, Porsche 918 Sypder, and the McLaren P1 have. These cars are "hyper" cars and they all have a big engines, and are supplemented with electric power, and you can operate them on Pure Gas, All Electric, or a hyrbid combination of the two. And they all get pretty good mpg, you can get up to 80 mpg with the Porsche and McLaren on pure Electric mode for about 20-30 miles then the engine kicks in. The LaFerrari has 950 hp, the Mclaren P1 has 903 hp, and the Porsche 918 has 887 hp. And they all do 0-60 under 3 secs. And the best part is they all cost over 1 million dollars. ]
Yeah, because folks who buy million dollar cars really have to watch their gas money
Old 01-31-15, 08:28 PM
sick21
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by jjscsix
Yeah, because folks who buy million dollar cars really have to watch their gas money
Don't forget insurance costs!
Old 01-31-15, 09:33 PM
onexcite
Lead Lap

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

1. Panamera Turbo S
2. MB S63 AMG
3. Nissan GTR-Nismo
Old 02-01-15, 11:12 AM
PirelliRC
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by jjscsix
lol definitely not, but it is note worthy that vehicles with over 900 horsepower have the technology now to get better mpg than Prius on E Mode.

First vote for a Panamera Turbo. Absolute wonderful choice, handles like a dream and goes like hell. And you have space to take a few friends or family members along with you. Im a big fan.
Old 02-01-15, 11:15 AM
sick21
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by PirelliGS
lol definitely not, but it is note worthy that vehicles with over 900 horsepower have the technology now to get better mpg than Prius on E Mode. First vote for a Panamera Turbo. Absolute wonderful choice, handles like a dream and goes like hell. And you have space to take a few friends or family members along with you. Im a big fan.
That's actually one I overlooked, I agree! I could fit all of my babies in it lol

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 4GS Owners, What's Your Top 3 Cars Under 200K?