I got the Carista app beta for iphone

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-15, 01:52 AM
Carista
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by RBDan
I just received my app and my reader.

My reader isn't working with this app or the beta is a little buggy. I can get data from my Lexus using this reader with other apps but not Carista.

So my question is did I order the wrong reader? Here is the one I ordered, I just noticed it didn't say ELM327.
Amazon.com: iSaddle WIFI Wireless OBD2 OBDII Scan Tool Auto Scanner Adapter Check Engine Light & CAN-BUS Auto Diagnostic Tool for Windows & Android Torque & iOS iPhone iPad iPod: Automotive

I found this reader using the link from the Carista hardware page.

Carista is there a difference between my reader and an ELM327?

Thank you
Dan
That device looks right, although yes, I don't see that it says ELM327 anywhere. But it probably is.

That said, we do have some connection issues with our iOS beta, reported by multiple users. So that's the more likely reason why you're having trouble. Could you please email me at support@caristaapp.com so I can ask you for more details and see if we can debug this issue? Thanks!
Old 01-26-15, 10:25 PM
ComSciGuy
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just received my app and my reader.

My reader isn't working with this app or the beta is a little buggy. I can get data from my Lexus using this reader with other apps but not Carista.

So my question is did I order the wrong reader? Here is the one I ordered, I just noticed it didn't say ELM327.
Amazon.com: iSaddle WIFI Wireless OBD2 OBDII Scan Tool Auto Scanner Adapter Check Engine Light & CAN-BUS Auto Diagnostic Tool for Windows & Android Torque & iOS iPhone iPad iPod: Automotive

I found this reader using the link from the Carista hardware page.

Carista is there a difference between my reader and an ELM327?

Thank you
Dan
I was having the same issue. I also got my WiFi OBD2 device from Amazon, it was from a different supplier, but it looks just about the same. Since you can connect to the device with your iphone (I presume) and retrieve data with another app, we can rule out an issue between the device and your phone.

When you select "Check Faults" or "Customize" the app will connect to the device and retrieve the requested information from the device. This process can take 3-5 minutes and you will only see the spinning circle indicating it is doing something. If you can see the device, you should see a series of yellow and green lights blinking in some random pattern. This is likely an indication the device and app are communicating.

If you receive an error message indicating that it cannot connect to the device or if you only see the red light on the device, then there is likely something else wrong and not just slow communication with the device. In this case you will likely need to contact Carista to help resolve the issue.
Old 01-26-15, 10:28 PM
ARISTOh
Lexus Test Driver

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Does Carista iPhone program TPMS a sensors on the 4GS?
Old 01-27-15, 03:58 AM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

i don't see the App in the Apple store? is it available yet
Old 01-27-15, 04:01 AM
Carista
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by ARISTOh
Does Carista iPhone program TPMS a sensors on the 4GS?
No, not yet. But we're looking into adding that for all supported models. Seems doable.

Originally Posted by tmf2004
i don't see the App in the Apple store? is it available yet
It's only available as a beta right now. Please sign up here and you'll get an invite to join: http://www.caristaapp.com/ios/
Old 01-27-15, 04:03 AM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by Carista
No, not yet. But we're looking into adding that for all supported models. Seems doable.

It's only available as a beta right now. Please sign up here and you'll get an invite to join: http://www.caristaapp.com/ios/
thank you........
Old 01-27-15, 05:51 AM
RBDan
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ComSciGuy
I was having the same issue. I also got my WiFi OBD2 device from Amazon, it was from a different supplier, but it looks just about the same. Since you can connect to the device with your iphone (I presume) and retrieve data with another app, we can rule out an issue between the device and your phone.

When you select "Check Faults" or "Customize" the app will connect to the device and retrieve the requested information from the device. This process can take 3-5 minutes and you will only see the spinning circle indicating it is doing something. If you can see the device, you should see a series of yellow and green lights blinking in some random pattern. This is likely an indication the device and app are communicating.

If you receive an error message indicating that it cannot connect to the device or if you only see the red light on the device, then there is likely something else wrong and not just slow communication with the device. In this case you will likely need to contact Carista to help resolve the issue.
ComSciGuy I was definitely not waiting 3-5 minutes. I'll give it another try.

Thanks for the suggestion!
Dan
Old 01-27-15, 06:05 AM
Dukeaudio
Intermediate

Received 80 Likes on 63 Posts

I don't buy Apps but i'd buy one if it could program TPMS sensors.
Old 01-27-15, 11:32 AM
SNiiP3R
Lead Lap

Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Dukeaudio
I don't buy Apps but i'd buy one if it could program TPMS sensors.
+1
Old 01-27-15, 11:44 AM
RBDan
Driver School Candidate

ComSciGuy I was definitely not waiting 3-5 minutes. I'll give it another try.

Thanks for the suggestion!
Dan
That worked!!
I wasn't being patient enough as usual.

Thanks again ComSciGuy!
Old 01-27-15, 12:22 PM
tompass
Intermediate

Received 31 Likes on 27 Posts

Ordered my wifi obdII but just realized it is coming from China. May be a bit of a wait...
Old 01-27-15, 12:38 PM
ComSciGuy
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That worked!!
I wasn't being patient enough as usual.

Thanks again ComSciGuy!
I'm glad to hear it.

Carista said they'll implement a progress bar in the next version to let the user know it's downloading the settings from the ECU. I'm okay with the app taking a few minutes to download all of the setting from the ECU, but it will be nicer to know how it's coming along.
Old 01-28-15, 08:57 AM
cphooper
Driver School Candidate

Hey Carista - did I get the right unit? I can connect to the wifi from it but the app sits and spins then it goes away and I get taken back to my iPhone main screen outside of the app completly. I bought the iSaddle wifi wireless: IOS iPhone iPad iPod from amazon. The mini CD has ELM instructions for loading updates to a laptop so I'm guessing it is the right ELM.....
Old 01-28-15, 11:43 AM
0mghi2u
Lead Lap

Received 30 Likes on 18 Posts

Ok update guys. With the app update it all works. Got all the features and works. Only thing I didn't see was the heated seat settings that was on the android device and no tpms settings
Old 01-28-15, 04:37 PM
cphooper
Driver School Candidate

I agree with 0mghi2u that the new download today is most excellent. Still can't save any setting changes so don't know if that piece of code works yet...

Quick Reply: I got the Carista app beta for iphone