GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

I got the Carista app beta for iphone

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-15, 06:44 AM
Carista
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by 0mghi2u
Ok update guys. With the app update it all works. Got all the features and works. Only thing I didn't see was the heated seat settings that was on the android device and no tpms settings
Cool, glad to hear that. You emailed us about the heated seats and TPMS, right? The available settings should be the same between our Android and iOS version. Please try again and send a report if you don't see that setting.

Originally Posted by cphooper
I agree with 0mghi2u that the new download today is most excellent. Still can't save any setting changes so don't know if that piece of code works yet...
Glad you were able to connect. The update did fix some connection issues. But you SHOULD be able to save settings. Is it because the app asks for the Pro Package or is it because it fails to actually save the setting for some other reason? If it's the latter, please try again and after it fails, go back to the main screen and use the "Report a problem" button. Note that when you're sending the report, you need to have an internet connection, i.e. you need to disconnect from the WiFi OBD device.
Old 01-30-15, 02:07 PM
ericsan13
Racer

Received 175 Likes on 123 Posts

I ordered this one:
www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00MTH73O8

Plugged it in yesterday and it worked perfectly with my 3RX - Carista worked great. Only thing I wanted to change was the seat belt nag/chime.

Carista - is there a changelog for the beta versions you released? Just wondering if additional options have been added or anything like that.

Thanks,
Eric
Old 01-31-15, 05:27 AM
Carista
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by ericsan13
I ordered this one:

Plugged it in yesterday and it worked perfectly with my 3RX - Carista worked great. Only thing I wanted to change was the seat belt nag/chime.

Carista - is there a changelog for the beta versions you released? Just wondering if additional options have been added or anything like that.

Thanks,
Eric
Great to hear that it worked!
So far it's just been bug fixes and UI improvements (and the ability to send reports and collect debug data). We do not anticipate any new available customization being added during this beta period because we're taking the exact set of customizations from our Android app and making the iOS app work with them. But who knows, if there's some quick and easy option we could add, it's possible that we could do it within the beta. In any case, we will add changelog info in the descriptions through TestFlight.
Old 01-31-15, 08:48 AM
2014GS350F
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Not sure I'm following what the real benefit is to having Carista. What diagnostic info is everyone after that isn't already available with the existing computer? What are the desirable customizations?

Any insight will be appreciated. New GS owner trying to figure out all the features and functions of this awesome car.

Thanks!
Old 02-02-15, 02:45 PM
tompass
Intermediate

Received 31 Likes on 27 Posts

Finally had opportunity to try the new app. Works great!
Old 02-02-15, 04:05 PM
thholr
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I spent a little while testing it on my GS and it worked great. Tried it out on my wifes Toyota Sienna and it worked realy well as well. Adjusted a few things and saw no errors at all. Very nice app
Old 02-03-15, 02:34 PM
99alta
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 2014GS350F
Not sure I'm following what the real benefit is to having Carista. What diagnostic info is everyone after that isn't already available with the existing computer? What are the desirable customizations?

Any insight will be appreciated. New GS owner trying to figure out all the features and functions of this awesome car.

Thanks!
Search is your friend

Have a look at this thread, I think it will answer your question.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gx-...-lexus-gx.html
Old 02-03-15, 04:40 PM
dinachroek
Driver School Candidate

can this override to let me use the lexus mousepad while car is in motion ?
Old 02-04-15, 05:57 AM
ARISTOh
Lexus Test Driver

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

How do I get the beta version?
Old 02-06-15, 02:21 PM
rijc99
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by ericsan13
I ordered this one:

Thanks,
Eric
How did you get this connector to work? My phone sees it and connects to its wifi but it doesn't seem to do anything beyond that.
Old 02-06-15, 02:38 PM
tompass
Intermediate

Open the app and choose customize and wait about 2-3 minutes for program to load.
Old 02-06-15, 02:42 PM
rijc99
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by tompass
Open the app and choose customize and wait about 2-3 minutes for program to load.
I think my adapter is DOA. The wifi shows up but no apps read from it. When I select customize it just says my car is not supported. When I select check faults it says car is not on.

Darn. Guess I'll get a replacement adapter first.
Old 02-06-15, 03:00 PM
tompass
Intermediate

Make sure the wifi elm is pushed in all the way and be sure that you push the start button twice without your foot on brake. Sometimes you have to go through the process cycle a couple of times.

Last edited by tompass; 02-06-15 at 03:05 PM.
Old 02-06-15, 04:50 PM
rijc99
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by tompass
Make sure the wifi elm is pushed in all the way and be sure that you push the start button twice without your foot on brake. Sometimes you have to go through the process cycle a couple of times.
Nope. No go. Time to contact Amazon.
Old 02-07-15, 06:59 PM
Pushn2pull
Driver School Candidate

Default Ambient Lighting

Can you remove dimming of the ambient lighting along the doors with this app.? Parked the lighting is brighter along the door trim.

Quick Reply: I got the Carista app beta for iphone