GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

2016 GS F Pricing Estimation

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-15, 10:55 PM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

CTS interior space wise was really disappointing when i sat in one in person. GM Authority article showed it had the least rear space out of all its competitors. Backseats felt smaller than my 3IS but this car is suppose to compete with 5 and GS.
Old 01-23-15, 11:37 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by Gojirra99
IMO CTS-V has the most attractive exterior among all too, and should be priced similar to the GS F, interior though , I like GS F better ...
same here, gsf interior is so much better
Old 01-26-15, 10:29 AM
Atomic350F
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
but i also have to say, big part of the luxury market? they lease and change up every few years, they probably don't care about long term reliability that much. i am not saying that's a good thing, but i am just saying that in the luxury world, a lot of people are willing to pay. there is a reason why bmw and mb sell so many cars -- a lot of them are leased. and lexus is obviously learning from that considering how much more aggressive lexus has been in the leasing game
I think you are spot on here with most new luxury car buyers are leasing and since they have a warranty they aren't quite as concerned withe the long term reliability or resale factors.. As long as the lease rates are attractive they can be driving a new car every couple of years to have the latest models with all the newest features, and issues would be covered by warranty and they would have a loaner as well if any issues arise.

I leased my 2015 F Sport, thinking there may be a strong possibility of purchasing it at the end of the term for long term ownership... only time will tell though..

Let's see when the 4GS V-8 swaps start pouring in on these pages, that may sway my future decision!
Old 01-27-15, 10:18 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by Atomic350F
I think you are spot on here with most new luxury car buyers are leasing and since they have a warranty they aren't quite as concerned withe the long term reliability or resale factors.. As long as the lease rates are attractive they can be driving a new car every couple of years to have the latest models with all the newest features, and issues would be covered by warranty and they would have a loaner as well if any issues arise.

I leased my 2015 F Sport, thinking there may be a strong possibility of purchasing it at the end of the term for long term ownership... only time will tell though..

Let's see when the 4GS V-8 swaps start pouring in on these pages, that may sway my future decision!
the good thing is? lexus gs actually has very good lease rates compare to 5 and e class, so that's only beneficial to us
Old 01-27-15, 10:49 AM
jtrue28
Lead Lap

Received 206 Likes on 140 Posts

So a loaded up RC-F approaches $75K...which includes dynamic cruise control, leather seats, navigation, etc...

I just don't see any way that Lexus keeps a "well equipped" GS-F under $85K, unfortunately. I hope I'm wrong.

I would say I hope they keep those 20 spoke wheels that are on the RC-F very far away from the GS-F. God those things look awful.
Old 01-27-15, 05:18 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by jtrue28
So a loaded up RC-F approaches $75K...which includes dynamic cruise control, leather seats, navigation, etc...

I just don't see any way that Lexus keeps a "well equipped" GS-F under $85K, unfortunately. I hope I'm wrong.

I would say I hope they keep those 20 spoke wheels that are on the RC-F very far away from the GS-F. God those things look awful.
i could be wrong, but i think 75k car doesn't have the carbon / tvd option. someone can correct me
Old 01-28-15, 01:37 AM
vtp86
Rookie

Originally Posted by sirsaula
I want(ed) the GS F but the CTS V ****s on everything M and AMG included... tough pick
Yeah, but at the end of the day you're still driving a Cadillac...
Old 01-28-15, 01:48 AM
vtp86
Rookie

Basically, I feel like Lexus owners are the hardest to target - on one hand we want the luxurious and comfortable interior that just relaxes you every time you sit in it, and on the other hand they are screaming at Lexus to bring up the hp.

A previous poster mentioned that the RC-F has more hp than the m3 and c63. That is correct, but at the end of the day it's power-to-weight ratio. The RC-F is hitting 0-60 in 4.2 seconds, while the m3 is still smoking those times with 3.9 seconds. For the c63, 3.4. Now, even though these cars are blazingly fast, I'd still take a Lexus RC-F 10 out of 10 times because they nailed it with the foam injected leather seats. Once I sat in the car, it's just so comfortable unlike any other type of seat before.

Using the power to weight ratio argument, since the GS-F is about 70 lbs lighter than the RC-F it can actually arguably go faster than 4.2 seconds in 0-60, and for a sedan that size the hp is more than plenty. Couple that with the body melting Lexus interior and I am sold!
Old 01-28-15, 07:46 AM
FishBike
Pole Position

Received 31 Likes on 3 Posts

I will be very interested to see the final pricing for the GS-F. One reason I ended up going for the GS instead of some of the competing cars with more power, is that the more powerful versions of those cars are MUCH more expensive, so if they bring in the GS-F at a substantially lower price than what it's marketed against, it would be a realistic option for some people, where an M5 or whatever would not.

Also I think it's a wonderful time to be a car guy, where we can legitimately complain that a 467 horsepower sedan isn't powerful enough. Truly we are living in the 2nd golden age of horsepower!
Old 01-28-15, 12:25 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

gsf is lighter than rcf?
Old 01-28-15, 12:31 PM
Atomic350F
Pole Position

Originally Posted by FishBike
I will be very interested to see the final pricing for the GS-F. One reason I ended up going for the GS instead of some of the competing cars with more power, is that the more powerful versions of those cars are MUCH more expensive, so if they bring in the GS-F at a substantially lower price than what it's marketed against, it would be a realistic option for some people, where an M5 or whatever would not.

Also I think it's a wonderful time to be a car guy, where we can legitimately complain that a 467 horsepower sedan isn't powerful enough. Truly we are living in the 2nd golden age of horsepower!
Great points here Fishbike! The GS is a lot of car for the buck, despite not having the largest hp figure on the block!! Lexus puts a lot into their cars, and the end results show in many aspects outside of specs on paper..

And yeahp, 467 hp is more than enough to get you to where you need to go in a quick like manner... we are getting spoiled nowadays, and its AWESOME!!!

Things keep going like this and we'll be complaining that a Corolla is ONLY 400hp in a couple years..
Old 01-28-15, 07:05 PM
VSL-F
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am excited about the GS-F. I recently sold my ISF for a GS 350 F-sport last week because I needed a little more room, but I desperately miss my ISF. I'll stick with this GS for a couple of years, but absolutely will be in a GSF in the future.
Old 01-28-15, 11:25 PM
vtp86
Rookie

gsf is lighter than rcf?
According to the press release of the GS-F, they were stating that the weight of the GS-F is in fact around 70-80 lbs lighter than the RC-F! Pretty awesome huh?
Old 01-29-15, 12:27 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by vtp86
According to the press release of the GS-F, they were stating that the weight of the GS-F is in fact around 70-80 lbs lighter than the RC-F! Pretty awesome huh?
interesting, do you have link to where that was mentioned?

here's the press release
http://www.lexus.com/concept/GSF/_pdf/theNextF-Jan6.pdf

gsf is 4034lb

rcf is 3958lb
http://www.lexus.com/models/RCF/specifications

and i suppose that's without tvd (standard on gsf), which would add 70lb making it 4028lb

fwiw, i do like the gsf being kept light. the rcf is just heavy
Old 02-02-15, 12:46 AM
vtp86
Rookie

interesting, do you have link to where that was mentioned?

here's the press release
http://www.lexus.com/concept/GSF/_pdf/theNextF-Jan6.pdf

gsf is 4034lb

rcf is 3958lb
http://www.lexus.com/models/RCF/specifications

and i suppose that's without tvd (standard on gsf), which would add 70lb making it 4028lb

fwiw, i do like the gsf being kept light. the rcf is just heavy
My apologies, I got the numbers mixed up - I thought 3958 was GS F's curb weight! Nevertheless, I agree with you in that it's still a relatively light car for a sedan

Quick Reply: 2016 GS F Pricing Estimation