GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Let's talk about credit and leasing

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-15, 03:31 PM
PirelliRC
Lead Lap

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by SW13GS
This is not the forum for this topic, but Global Warming is not a fraud. I think its over-used, but climate change is very real...the scientific community isn't exactly in conflict about it. The question is what is the impact on us truly, and what are the timetables for that impact. Along with, quite frankly, what can we do about it?

This is paranoid nonsense. Why would the state of California want everybody to be "sitting ducks"? There are a lot of other political reasons behind that push that doesn't involve the climate, but nobody is trying to hurt you.

Here's a question, when the "power goes out" how do you think you're going to get gasoline? Can't pump it, can't truck it, can't pay for it.

Climate change has been occurring ever since the Earth was created. The only thing that has ever been constant is change. Yes the climate changes, that doesnt constitute putting a "Global Warming" label on it and collecting tax to supposedly "clean up the Earth" buncha BS. We had record cold temperatures everywhere in the U.S. this year. Dont be so naive and gullible.

And to answer your question, fuel can be pumped with a hand pump from a holding tank to a vehicle, theres no need for electricity.

However, if the power does go out im going to siphon it from your vehicle into mine

Last edited by PirelliRC; 01-19-15 at 03:37 PM.
Old 01-19-15, 03:40 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,520 Likes on 1,818 Posts

Originally Posted by PirelliGS
Climate change has been occurring ever since the Earth was created. The only thing that has ever been constant is change. Yes the climate changes, that doesnt constitute putting a "Global Warming" label on it and collecting tax to supposedly "clean up the Earth" buncha BS. Dont be so naive and do your own research instead of listening to paid off "experts". Cmon guy.
LOL, I've done my own research...and I have friends and clients who are scientists and doing specifically this research. There is no question in the legitimate scientific community that human pollution contributes to climate change. The question is the scope and the timeline. If you think about it, its only logical. Humans have been creating all of this gaseous exhaust and pouring it into the atmosphere. We know that particulate and gaseous matter in the atmosphere causes changes to the climate because we can see times when that has happened in the earth's history when we go back and look at core samples of the earth's crust. Its only logical that the emissions we send into the atmosphere will effect our climate as those gasses build up.

And to answer your question, fuel can be pumped with a hand pump from a holding tank to a vehicle, theres no need for electricity.
And where are you going to find a hand pump, and a holding tank full of gasoline?

If "the power goes out" (which its not going to) we're all screwed.

Last edited by SW17LS; 01-19-15 at 03:47 PM.
Old 01-19-15, 03:55 PM
PirelliRC
Lead Lap

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

And where are you going to find a hand pump, and a holding tank full of gasoline?

If "the power goes out" (which its not going to) we're all screwed.

Great question, here is a live picture for you outside my office. My family owns and operates a gasoline and diesel distribution center. We have tens of thousands of gallons at any time on the yard. Lol, so i know where im going to get my fuel from buddy, im prepared for the worst, hope you are too.

And where am i going to get a hand pump from? That mustve been a joke right.

And heres a question for you. If you believe in global warming, why dont you get an electric car and do your part to clean the Earth ? Why are you pollutting with your primitive 3.5 Liter petrol engine sir ?
Attached Thumbnails Let's talk about credit and leasing-20140402_115717.jpg  

Last edited by PirelliRC; 01-19-15 at 04:04 PM.
Old 01-19-15, 04:10 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by PirelliGS
Great question, here is a live picture for you outside my office. My family owns and operates a gasoline and diesel distribution center. We have tens of thousands of gallons at any time on the yard. Lol, so i know where im going to get my fuel from buddy, im prepared for the worst, hope you are too.

And where am i going to get a hand pump from? That mustve been a joke right.
Ah ha! so now we understand YOUR bias when it comes to this. Electric cars hurt the family business...got it.

Thats a benefit to you, not everybody has that benefit, so to the vast majority of people, they're just as screwed in a gas car as an electric car.

But, like I said worrying about this sort of thing happening is just paranoid nonsense.

And heres a question for you. If you believe in global warming, why dont you get an electric car and do your part to clean the Earth ? Why are you pollutting with your primitive 3.5 Liter petrol engine sir ?
Just because I believe that the emissions we produce effects the climate doesn't mean I'm some delusional tree hugger or polar bear saver. I'm not an especially environmentally minded person at all, and in any event a modern ULEV gas car puts out a pretty small amount of pollutants. I'm not convinced driving an electric car really pollutes less.

Again though, this is way off topic. This thread is about credit and leasing.
Old 01-21-15, 12:47 PM
Laostuh
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Dont Mean To Intrude On Your Post

But I had a similar question except I already took delivery of my 2015 Lexus GS350 F Sport. Here are the stipulations ...

MSRP: $57,XXX
Sale price: $50,300
After Tax : $54,XXX
36mo lease 12k a year
$2000 down $482 including Lexus maintenance and tax

I just recieved what is called "10 day letter" if they dont obtain financing within 10 days they have to send this out by law. Now my question is...

Im a 710 FICO score with 1 paid auto @ $24,XXX
Im currently leasing a 2013 Maxima @ $396 ( not trading btw )
Made perfect payments for over a year on everything including credit cards.

My girlfriend also on the loan but she is a first time buyer with a FICO score of 723..

Both have stable jobs and collectively make $4-7 grand depending on as Im commision based. And we only have a rent of $400. Any reason why Lexus wouldnt finance us?
Old 01-21-15, 02:15 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

That is very odd. The lease should be done through LFS, and with those credit scores you're fine. Did you sign an LFS lease?

It could be a mistake. I would call the dealer's finance guy you dealt with.
Old 01-21-15, 02:18 PM
sick21
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

That is very odd. The lease should be done through LFS, and with those credit scores you're fine. Did you sign an LFS lease? It could be a mistake. I would call the dealer's finance guy you dealt with.
I agree. There absolutely had to be a mistake somewhere.
Old 01-21-15, 02:25 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

After I leased mine I got several letters from LFS asking me to "return the title" and that "the title had been incorrectly given to me" which wasn't the case. They auto-generate these letters and sometimes they go out when they aren't supposed to.
Old 01-21-15, 05:02 PM
Laostuh
Driver School Candidate

yeah i know. my actual payment was supposed to be due tommorow. i havent even received the plates or registration yet. i talked to the finance guy he said "due to the high volume of cars we sold last month thats probably why its taking so long". but idk well see...

Also we did E-Contract the Lien Holder was Toyota not LFS

EDIT

theyre asking me to do a multi security deposit of $2000 total. theyre gonna lower the payments from $482 to $451 and lower my MF from 0005 to 00032? or something like that.

Last edited by Laostuh; 01-21-15 at 06:10 PM.
Old 01-21-15, 06:10 PM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,046 Likes on 661 Posts

My lien holder is Toyota too. Well LFS is TFS. LFA is different though.
Old 01-21-15, 07:58 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Laostuh
yeah i know. my actual payment was supposed to be due tommorow. i havent even received the plates or registration yet. i talked to the finance guy he said "due to the high volume of cars we sold last month thats probably why its taking so long". but idk well see...

Also we did E-Contract the Lien Holder was Toyota not LFS

EDIT

theyre asking me to do a multi security deposit of $2000 total. theyre gonna lower the payments from $482 to $451 and lower my MF from 0005 to 00032? or something like that.
They're now saying they need the MSD to do the deal? Or what, they'll take the car back?

Something isn't right here.
Old 01-21-15, 08:35 PM
Laostuh
Driver School Candidate

yeah.. the finance guy said they originally didnt want to do the deal at all. but their sales director called in a favor with lexus. they originally wanted 9 security deposits of $500 totaling $4500... but then he said because of the favor that its only 4 MSDs of $500 totaling $2000. only dropping my payment $31 dollars by reducing money factor from .0009 to .00032 ... they said that the MSD is fully refundable at the end of the lease or fully applicable to the residual should I buy out the lease.. but seems like if i dont do it they will take the car back =\
Old 01-21-15, 08:44 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Then why did they release the car to you? This is BS.
Old 01-21-15, 09:38 PM
kmm
Pole Position

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Spot deliveries are common and the normal way of selling a car in CA.

EDIT: If a dealer thinks a deal may not get bought the vehicle is not rolled until the credit is approved.
Old 01-21-15, 10:11 PM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,046 Likes on 661 Posts

I've leased 6 Toyotas, all through TFS/LFS with fair to good credit and never once received a letter asking for more money or they'll take the car back. Once the deal is finalized at the finance manager's office and both parties signed it, it's a done deal and I'm stuck with the car until the lease ends or traded in early.

Quick Reply: Let's talk about credit and leasing