GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Got mine...

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-15, 03:46 PM
SmokeTL
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats and enjoy....and that is coming from some one who had 4 TLs since 2004!
Old 01-19-15, 04:21 PM
RyanC
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome - I'm also an Acura/Honda lover - been on AZ before it was called that back in the old acura-cl forum days

I agree, the TLX didn't do it for me and I ended up with a GS350 as well.
Old 01-20-15, 02:53 PM
Atomic350F
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by bigblack06
Congrats on the purchase best color combo. Love the bow wish my dealership gave me a bright bow with my car!
+1 ... was delighted to see use of the giant bow on the roof!!! Now thats a December to Remember!

Sweet ride no doubt, and welcome to CL!
Old 01-20-15, 03:37 PM
BlueAc215
Driver

Thanks everybody for the well wishes. I'm surprised to see some many former 3G TL owners. It's reassuring to see many feel the same way about Acura's direction. Hopefully they can right the ship and be relevant again.
Old 01-20-15, 03:44 PM
1111GS

Received 90 Likes on 78 Posts

Yep quite a few ex Honda/Acura here myself included. Had the last gen Prelude (I think it still looks good) and a TL before (two generations before the current one). The previous TL is nice but the Nav display was too bright at night for us. One of the best combo. Congrats and welcome to CL.
Old 01-20-15, 03:44 PM
BlueAc215
Driver

Originally Posted by bigblack06
Congrats on the purchase best color combo. Love the bow wish my dealership gave me a bright bow with my car!
They kindly took the bow back after my pics lol... But yea this combo can't be beat!

Originally Posted by tmf2004
Congrats.... never heard of them taking off door panels to tint....
Me either and it caught me completely off guard. I should've been patient and waited for my regular tint guy, Lesson learned!

Originally Posted by neegroy
congrats! love the color comboo!!

lol you were a sucker like me hahaha paid 36 for the bumper plugs =\

better than paying couple hundred to have it filled and painted i say!
Those plugs are a necessary evil... They have all the leverage and know it.

Originally Posted by JT4
Congrats on the GS, it looks awesome...

I actually bought my CTS-V from Lindsay Caddy which around the corner from Lindsay Lexus. Drove from NY to VA with my father and oldest son, signed the paperwork and drove it back to NY.. It was a very long day, so I can really I really appreciate the trip you made from Philly.. I wish I could service it at Lindsay what a great auto group.

Enjoy your GS..
The things we do for our cars lol. But yea, the staff there was great. I wouldn't hesitate to do it all over again.

Originally Posted by GregCanada
They do make both a catback exhaust (they all fit, the full header-back exhausts do not fit AWD without mods) and they also make lowering springs for AWD.

Nice car!
I'm going with the RSR down springs. I'm just waiting on a promotional credit from Stillen for a Holiday purchase I made. As far as the Cat-back goes, I've only seen axle backs for the AWDs.
Old 01-20-15, 03:48 PM
BlueAc215
Driver

Originally Posted by SmokeTL
Congrats and enjoy....and that is coming from some one who had 4 TLs since 2004!
Nice.... 6 between my Mom and I since '99!

Originally Posted by RyanC
Welcome - I'm also an Acura/Honda lover - been on AZ before it was called that back in the old acura-cl forum days

I agree, the TLX didn't do it for me and I ended up with a GS350 as well.
I remember those days, been a member since 03-04! It's just too bland, I wish they would've stuck with the prototype.

Originally Posted by Atomic350F
+1 ... was delighted to see use of the giant bow on the roof!!! Now thats a December to Remember!

Sweet ride no doubt, and welcome to CL!
The bow made for a great pic, I had my DSLR with me put forgot to use it

Originally Posted by 1101GS
Yep quite a few ex Honda/Acura here myself included. Had the last gen Prelude (I think it still looks good) and a TL before (two generations before the current one). The previous TL is nice but the Nav display was too bright at night for us. One of the best combo. Congrats and welcome to CL.
I was close to settling on a 2014 TL SH AWD, I actually put a deposit on it. I went home that night and started shopping for F-Sports. I figured if I was going to spend that much I didn't want any regrets!