GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Finally bought one! Initial thoughts...

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-15, 12:27 PM
jkeller
Advanced

Received 74 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by ckelly14
They're already growing on me; I'll give it another week to make a decision.

I don't remember seeing ambient lighting last night. Is there an option I need to turn on?
At night hold your hand under the rear view mirror and inside door handle and wood trim strip. Also footwells front and back, and probably some more I'm not remembering right now.
Old 01-21-15, 05:46 AM
FishBike
Pole Position

Received 31 Likes on 3 Posts

I don't remember seeing ambient lighting last night. Is there an option I need to turn on?
I don't think there is. It's brighter with the car in park, and dims down quite a bit once you put it in gear.

My dealer also goes a bit crazy with the tire pressure and it makes the ride harsher than it should be. I also get more front end slip in tight turns on surfaces with poor grip (e.g. turning in a parking lot feels really rough if there's sand or snow on the ground). Putting the tires back to normal pressure took care of all of that, and they had only put them up to around 38 psi. 50+ would be awful.
Old 01-21-15, 08:49 AM
ckelly14
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by FishBike
I don't think there is. It's brighter with the car in park, and dims down quite a bit once you put it in gear.

My dealer also goes a bit crazy with the tire pressure and it makes the ride harsher than it should be. I also get more front end slip in tight turns on surfaces with poor grip (e.g. turning in a parking lot feels really rough if there's sand or snow on the ground). Putting the tires back to normal pressure took care of all of that, and they had only put them up to around 38 psi. 50+ would be awful.
Things are much better now with pressures set to spec. Agree about the sandy feeling of the road. This is gone now. Really love this car!
Old 01-24-15, 07:19 AM
ckelly14
Driver

Had the body side molding taken off yesterday. Much cleaner.

Old 01-24-15, 11:08 AM
BlueAc215
Driver

Beautiful...
Old 01-24-15, 11:47 AM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,991 Likes on 1,415 Posts

Yes - much!
Old 01-24-15, 11:49 AM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

ckelly14 - Any window tint in your new car's future?
Old 01-24-15, 01:36 PM
ckelly14
Driver

Originally Posted by bclexus
ckelly14 - Any window tint in your new car's future?
I doubt it. Not really one to do a lot of mods on my car. Believe me, I was stressing just taking the molding off!
Old 01-24-15, 03:20 PM
OneOfOne
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I doubt it. Not really one to do a lot of mods on my car. Believe me, I was stressing just taking the molding off!
with the color of your car the tint would look great. here in hell we have a 35% limit. trust me it would look good on your car AND reduce the heat coming thru the windows and the glare. just a thought.
Old 01-24-15, 05:23 PM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

I can't imagine living in NC or SC and not wanting window tint. Certainly it is a very common practice for people to have their windows tinted. If nothing else, you want to shield-off infrared heat by 90% or more. Without window tint it's like someone has a huge magnifying glass on you inside your car when the sun is out. Plus, window tint always looks good on a white car. Or you can ride around like a goldfish in a clear glass fishbowl...
Old 01-25-15, 04:54 AM
Tzakiel
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah I dont understand why dealers are so odd about tire pressure. I just picked up a CPO with 18s and tires were set to 47 psi.
Old 01-25-15, 06:22 AM
BlueAc215
Driver

Originally Posted by bclexus
I can't imagine living in NC or SC and not wanting window tint. Certainly it is a very common practice for people to have their windows tinted. If nothing else, you want to shield-off infrared heat by 90% or more. Without window tint it's like someone has a huge magnifying glass on you inside your car when the sun is out. Plus, window tint always looks good on a white car. Or you can ride around like a goldfish in a clear glass fishbowl...
Another vote for tint here, even if you don't go completely dark. You'll love the privacy once you have it.
Old 01-27-15, 05:18 AM
ckelly14
Driver

Originally Posted by BlueAc215
Another vote for tint here, even if you don't go completely dark. You'll love the privacy once you have it.
Thanks for the comments. I never really thought about it before. May be a good idea.
Old 01-27-15, 05:42 AM
Tzakiel
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BlueAc215
I tinted my white TL and loved the look. Will do the same for my GS350. Go 45% if you don't want too dark.
Old 01-27-15, 06:05 AM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Its official, I am too old school....but with no intention off changing.
No way I want DCC. The comment about not having to use the gas pedal nor brake, just sent negative chills down my spine. If I get to the point where I want the car to drive itself, I will not be buying Lexus anymore. It wouldn't matter. I'd get something way cheaper. Part of the enjoyment would be gone.
I completely understand different strokes for different folks. My comment is no criticism to anyone. I just don't relate because I want to control the car.

Quick Reply: Finally bought one! Initial thoughts...