GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Is it possible to...program my 2013 GS so seat warmers/heated wheel come on at start?

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-15, 09:01 AM
99alta
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I don't want to hijack this thread but I need to make an observation that I find silly.

Lexus Enginneers must have a strange way of determining the functiality they put into their updates to the car.

I.e. 2014 they added Auto function to seat temps and an off/auto switch, which makes sense and a nice feature.

But why oh why do I still have to turn on the heated steering wheel each time I start the car as well as fiddle fart around to turn on the heated windshield?
If they realized people in cold climates wanted heat NOW I.e. The seats, why wouldn't they think about the steering wheel and windshield?
Think about it, it's minus 30. I can remote start my car but I still have to go out to the car, find the Navi based switch to turn on the windshield heater and flip the switch for the steering wheel heater??
That's silly and not very well thought out for a cold weather package!
Old 01-17-15, 09:36 AM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,996 Likes on 1,418 Posts

Originally Posted by Vasili
I live in Chicagoland. You'd be surprised how cold it can get, even in my garage.

On a side note, I did a google search on this issue and it led me straight back to a thread from nearly three years ago and viola! I posted a message in that thread where I unequivocally stated that it did work for me. Doh!

I think my mind was pulling tricks on me. I probably hit the button and forgot I turned it on. It hasn't worked since then.

Today the temperature will be in the 40s, so no way to test the under 30 degrees theory.
I'm confused. My heated seats control remains where I last left them. And, they heat the seat regardless of what the ambient temperature is.
Old 01-17-15, 11:55 AM
Vasili
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bclexus
I'm confused. My heated seats control remains where I last left them. And, they heat the seat regardless of what the ambient temperature is.
Do you have an F-Sport? Not sure why, but I am jealous.

I have the Luxury model with the cold weather package. For some reason, when I leave the heated seats turned on and then turn off the car, the next time I start it up, they are off again.
Old 01-17-15, 12:19 PM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Vasili
Do you have an F-Sport? Not sure why, but I am jealous.

I have the Luxury model with the cold weather package. For some reason, when I leave the heated seats turned on and then turn off the car, the next time I start it up, they are off again.
No, I have a Premium.

Old 01-17-15, 12:31 PM
Vasili
Lexus Test Driver

No, I have a Premium.

I bought mine in May 2012.

Maybe they changed it for 2013s that were made later.
Old 01-17-15, 12:32 PM
Vasili
Lexus Test Driver

dola,

Just went out and tried it over and over. S-Flow was on, with Auto On. No dice. Doesn't work for me.
Old 01-17-15, 12:38 PM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

My 2013 has a Date of Manufacture: 10/2012
Old 01-17-15, 02:47 PM
Vasili
Lexus Test Driver

My 2013 has a Date of Manufacture: 10/2012
Ok.

That might be the reason. Looks like they fixed the issue with 2013 4Gs built later.
Old 01-18-15, 07:53 PM
GregCanada
Advanced

Received 51 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by 99alta
I don't want to hijack this thread but I need to make an observation that I find silly.

Lexus Enginneers must have a strange way of determining the functiality they put into their updates to the car.

I.e. 2014 they added Auto function to seat temps and an off/auto switch, which makes sense and a nice feature.

But why oh why do I still have to turn on the heated steering wheel each time I start the car as well as fiddle fart around to turn on the heated windshield?
If they realized people in cold climates wanted heat NOW I.e. The seats, why wouldn't they think about the steering wheel and windshield?
Think about it, it's minus 30. I can remote start my car but I still have to go out to the car, find the Navi based switch to turn on the windshield heater and flip the switch for the steering wheel heater??
How do you turn on the heated windshield?
Old 01-18-15, 08:26 PM
99alta
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

^^^
From the main menu select climate control, and look closely at the screen until you see the setting.
I'm not being a smartarse, just didn't see it the first couple times I looked. It's near the bottom of the screen.
Old 01-18-15, 08:35 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,522 Likes on 1,820 Posts

Just FYI, its not a heated windshield, its actually just a heated base where the wipers sit. Some cars do actually have a heated windshield, the GS does not.
Old 01-19-15, 01:43 AM
Justin2JZ
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Every time I get in my car the AC is set to low and my set coolers are on so I think they should automatically set OP.
Old 01-20-15, 08:48 AM
wsykes
Rookie

I was able to change my seats to stay at the level that I initially set, with the Techstream program and Mini VCI cable. The seats use to automatically go down over time as I drive. But they never turned all the way off. Now it stays at the level I selected. On a long drive, I can see that this could be an issue. The seats do get really warm on level 3 for an extended period of time. I may end up of changing it back. O yeah, the seats still come on automatically when I start the car, if they were on when I turned off the car.
Old 01-20-15, 10:09 AM
5thavenue
Rookie

Originally Posted by 99alta

One of my many complaints. I don't see why they couldn't just link the heated steering wheel to the auto heated/ventilated seats. It's already annoying enough that I have to turn the dial every time I enter the car to put it into Sport mode but in the winter I also have to press the heated steering wheel button as well (and then I have to press it again later to turn it off).
Old 01-20-15, 12:05 PM
Atomic350F
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

My 2015 seems to always recall my seat settings by default, I am on the other side of the fence where I wish I could turn this feature off!

Its cold in the mornings sometimes and I will use them, but then driving home later in the afternoon I dont need them anymore.. sometimes I forget they are on and they start cooking me up before I notice!

Quick Reply: Is it possible to...program my 2013 GS so seat warmers/heated wheel come on at start?