GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Is it possible to...program my 2013 GS so seat warmers/heated wheel come on at start?

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-15, 07:17 PM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,991 Likes on 1,415 Posts

Originally Posted by SW13GS
It's the standard settimg. Yours is the option. If you search the forum (tee hee) you'll find a lot of threads about it.
You think my setting is non-standard. Can it only be set by the dealer or a special App? I saw my dealer's tech reset the LPS settings to standard default...and I have not messed with the heated seats setting (even if I could).
Old 01-15-15, 07:36 PM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

The question was about a 2013. My 2013 does not have the Auto mode feature for my heated and ventilated seats like the 2014 model does. I can only assume that the 2013 model must be 'set' using the LPS settings either manually or auto, whereas the 2014 model can be set manually or Auto using the console control. See 2:10 in the attached YouTube video.

Old 01-16-15, 04:20 AM
obadea
Intermediate

Received 99 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by bclexus
The question was about a 2013. My 2013 does not have the Auto mode feature for my heated and ventilated seats like the 2014 model does. I can only assume that the 2013 model must be 'set' using the LPS settings either manually or auto, whereas the 2014 model can be set manually or Auto using the console control. See 2:10 in the attached YouTube video.

Video Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSyRySM-iuU
For 2013 there's is an auto mode vs manual that can be set by the dealer or via the Carista app. . I turn that on and off with Carista. The auto seats will come on when in ECO mode and 37 degrees or less . What I can't figure out is how to get the car to remember they were on when I turn the car off. . I know is possible but not sure how.
Old 01-16-15, 08:41 AM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by obadea
For 2013 there's is an auto mode vs manual that can be set by the dealer or via the Carista app. . I turn that on and off with Carista. The auto seats will come on when in ECO mode and 37 degrees or less . What I can't figure out is how to get the car to remember they were on when I turn the car off. . I know is possible but not sure how.
I don't see on the LPS List where it can be set - by the owner or by the dealer.
Old 01-16-15, 10:56 AM
jamodeo

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I know its a different car but in the '13 LS the setting for the auto steering wheel heater is changed using the nav in the settings somewhere. I assume you have looked there but just in case you have not I would take a quick look.

-Joe
Old 01-16-15, 11:11 AM
obadea
Intermediate

Received 99 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by bclexus

I don't see on the LPS List where it can be set - by the owner or by the dealer.
I know it works because I change it all the time with the Carista app. If you're in the Philly area I can set it for you
Old 01-16-15, 11:20 AM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by obadea
I know it works because I change it all the time with the Carista app. If you're in the Philly area I can set it for you
Mine stays either On or Off, however I last left it. I like it like that! Hey - wasn't that the name of a song by The Dave Clark Five?

Old 01-16-15, 11:23 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,519 Likes on 1,817 Posts

Originally Posted by jamodeo
I know its a different car but in the '13 LS the setting for the auto steering wheel heater is changed using the nav in the settings somewhere. I assume you have looked there but just in case you have not I would take a quick look. -Joe
No such function on the GS
Old 01-16-15, 11:42 AM
MH6
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

It's the standard settimg. Yours is the option. If you search the forum (tee hee) you'll find a lot of threads about it.
I agree, talking to the tech at dealer and reading. You have to have the dealer change from the default 3-2-1- off, though I don't believe I have ever seen mine turn completely off.
They can set it to maintain the desired setting if you wish.
Old 01-16-15, 11:59 AM
onexcite
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Vasili
Nope. Doesn't work on my AWD GS350.

I've tried that. Even asked the tech guy at my dealership. He said, if I left the heated seats on when I turned the car off, they would come on when it was started the next time.

Not true. I just went out to my garage and tried it again. No dice. When I restart the car they revert to being off.

Anyway, thanks for the responses.
2013 only turn on when: the outside temp around 30 and heated seat must be on and drive mode in ECO before shut off.

If you park in the garage it won't be cold enough.
Old 01-16-15, 12:18 PM
wsykes
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My heated seats are on if I left them on when I turned off the car, no matter the driving mode. I do not drive in Eco mode. Hell its a hybrid. It's always in Eco mode if you ask me. lol The passanger seat does the same as well. It even turns on when there is noone in the passenger seat, if it was on when I turned the car off. I know this for a fact because I always have to turn it off after my girl has been riding with me. Also mine does auto adjust itself when I am driving.

Last edited by wsykes; 01-16-15 at 12:38 PM.
Old 01-16-15, 12:19 PM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by onexcite
2013 only turn on when: the outside temp around 30 and heated seat must be on and drive mode in ECO before shut off.

That's not right!
Old 01-16-15, 01:05 PM
Jake
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Okay so my only option on my 13 is to have the dealer change it from the 3-2-1-Off to always on whatever setting I put it on?
Is there any sequence of buttons or holding down certain things that I could do to change it?
Old 01-16-15, 10:27 PM
jamodeo

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

No such function on the GS
:/ sorry, figured it was worth a try.

-Joe
Old 01-17-15, 08:32 AM
Vasili
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by onexcite

I live in Chicagoland. You'd be surprised how cold it can get, even in my garage.

On a side note, I did a google search on this issue and it led me straight back to a thread from nearly three years ago and viola! I posted a message in that thread where I unequivocally stated that it did work for me. Doh!

I think my mind was pulling tricks on me. I probably hit the button and forgot I turned it on. It hasn't worked since then.

Today the temperature will be in the 40s, so no way to test the under 30 degrees theory.

Quick Reply: Is it possible to...program my 2013 GS so seat warmers/heated wheel come on at start?