GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Maybe leaving for the Dark Side

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-15, 02:01 PM
dseag2
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Took delivery today!

I received a very nice surprise today. The S5 was being ordered from another dealership, so my salesman asked me to come by and sign the paperwork this morning so I could take delivery in a few days. I pulled up to the dealership and it was there!

I only have another picture from the showroom floor, but it better shows the color which is incredible. It is almost as hard to pinpoint as Atomic Silver. I will send more pics as I have the opportunity, along with driving impressions compared to the GS. No question, I miss the beautiful Cabernet interior and nav screen from the GS but love staring at the sexy S5 in my garage.
Attached Thumbnails Maybe leaving for the Dark Side-2015-audi-s5-side-paint.jpg   Maybe leaving for the Dark Side-2015-s5-front.jpg  
Old 01-15-15, 02:06 PM
PirelliRC
Lead Lap

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

Looks awsome man, congrats. What kind of deal did you get ?
Old 01-15-15, 02:24 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,500 Likes on 1,803 Posts

Congrats! She's a beauty!
Old 01-15-15, 02:38 PM
Im2bz2p345
Instructor

Received 207 Likes on 142 Posts

Beautiful showroom photos (especially the bottom one).

The rims are way better on this car than the original you had posted IMHO (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...ml#post8868147).

Is this a different car completely? Confused.

Definitely looking forward to comparison/as un-biased of a review that you can provide after you get more miles on her.

Enjoy!

~ Im2bz2p345
Old 01-15-15, 08:26 PM
dseag2
Lexus Champion

Here is my unbiased comparison of the S5 vs. the GS F Sport

GS Fsport:
-More visceral driving experience, sound at WOT is intoxicating
-Still one of the most fun sedans I have ever driven
-More comfortable sport seats with better seating position
-Large screen with great graphics
-Mouse operation is still cumbersome, even after almost 3 years
-Big trunk, but no fold-down rear seats
-Took up a lot more space in my garage
-I loved the stitched dash, the padded areas around the car and the Cabernet leather that came up the console as well
-More road noise, and tires "thumped" over rough surfaces
-Was starting to get rattles after almost 3 years (glove box was starting)
-Ridiculously dim lighting in the cabin when opening the door at night
-Mark Levinson system is more enveloping and is a definite step above the Bang & Olufsen system in the S5
-I got tired of the horizontal slab of dash, especially on the passenger side
-Voice command was lacking

S5:
-Looks, looks, looks... did I say looks?
-More torque at all speeds. Probably a bit faster overall
-Handles corners as well as the GS (I have the Sport differential) but feels more robotic
-Even set on Dynamic to pipe in more engine noise the car is still too quiet compared to the Lexus
-The S5 seems to soak up bumps better with less road noise, even on Dynamic setting
-The MMI system is much easier to use, but the graphics need updating
-Google Earth is available with Nav, and you can even use voice command to say "Google Earth (name of store, restaurant, etc.)" and it will list the locations. It works!
-On radio and iPod, the title, artist, etc. pops up but you can still see the list of stations or songs behind it if you want to move to the next one.
-The seats are comfortable, but they are harder than those in the GS.
-The cabin lighting is nice and bright at night
-The S5 has a nice, curvy dash that is turned toward the driver and I prefer the deep set guages
-No coin holders in the S5 but it does have an area in the door pocket that hangs onto sunglasses better than the one in the GS
-Takes up less space in my garage

It's a toss-up between the lighting. I loved the blue lighting at night in the GS, especially when it hit the aluminum trim. I love the red lighting in the S5, especially when it hits the aluminum trim.

I doubt that too many people are going to have these two cars in their consideration set, but if they do I can answer any questions. I would still tell anyone who asked that the GS is the best luxury sport sedan on the market today. That's why I went with a coupe.

Following are a couple of pics I took at home today. Now, time to go sneak out to the garage and admire her.
Attached Thumbnails Maybe leaving for the Dark Side-s5-outside-front.jpg   Maybe leaving for the Dark Side-s5-side-outside.jpg  
Old 01-15-15, 08:31 PM
dseag2
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by PirelliGS
Looks awsome man, congrats. What kind of deal did you get ?
A decent one. The dealership made a mistake and couldn't get the original S5 for $61,700 they had quoted me on, so they gave me the same deal on a car that cost $64,100. I was buying my GS and was close to paying it off. I went with a 2-year lease on the S5, so I put no money down and will be getting a nice, sizable equity check back. The trade-in on my '13 GS F Sport, immaculate, with 20,500 miles was $33,500. I'm fine with that.
Old 01-15-15, 08:42 PM
dseag2
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Im2bz2p345
Beautiful showroom photos (especially the bottom one).

The rims are way better on this car than the original you had posted IMHO (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...ml#post8868147).

Is this a different car completely? Confused.

Definitely looking forward to comparison/as un-biased of a review that you can provide after you get more miles on her.

Enjoy!

~ Im2bz2p345
Exact same car, different rims, and the sun was out today so it is not just showroom lighting.
Old 01-15-15, 09:22 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

She's a beaut!
Old 01-15-15, 09:42 PM
dseag2
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by SW13GS
She's a beaut!
Thanks! I miss you guys already. I actually told the Audi salesman today that a great part of my Lexus ownership experience has been the camaraderie and input from the members in ClubLexus. I will be posting comments in the CL forum, but know that I will be totally unbiased. The guys over at the Audi forum are just "meh".

Now, about that new GS-F...
Old 01-15-15, 09:46 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

No need to miss us, you know where to find us!
Old 01-15-15, 11:05 PM
vtp86
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by dseag2
BTW, if the new Q7 is the future of Audi styling I may be back to Lexus as soon as my lease is up!
Just playing devil's advocate, but... I don't know about that... these concepts look mighty sexy

Old 01-16-15, 01:43 AM
ZbynekZ
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Exact same car, different rims
Nice one! I like these rims much more. Typical Audi ones.
Old 01-16-15, 04:12 AM
jjscsix
Racer

Received 69 Likes on 51 Posts

Here is my unbiased comparison of the S5 vs. the GS F Sport

GS Fsport:
-More visceral driving experience, sound at WOT is intoxicating
-Still one of the most fun sedans I have ever driven
-More comfortable sport seats with better seating position
-Large screen with great graphics
-Mouse operation is still cumbersome, even after almost 3 years
-Big trunk, but no fold-down rear seats
-Took up a lot more space in my garage
-I loved the stitched dash, the padded areas around the car and the Cabernet leather that came up the console as well
-More road noise, and tires "thumped" over rough surfaces
-Was starting to get rattles after almost 3 years (glove box was starting)
-Ridiculously dim lighting in the cabin when opening the door at night
-Mark Levinson system is more enveloping and is a definite step above the Bang & Olufsen system in the S5
-I got tired of the horizontal slab of dash, especially on the passenger side
-Voice command was lacking

S5:
-Looks, looks, looks... did I say looks?
-More torque at all speeds. Probably a bit faster overall
-Handles corners as well as the GS (I have the Sport differential) but feels more robotic
-Even set on Dynamic to pipe in more engine noise the car is still too quiet compared to the Lexus
-The S5 seems to soak up bumps better with less road noise, even on Dynamic setting
-The MMI system is much easier to use, but the graphics need updating
-Google Earth is available with Nav, and you can even use voice command to say "Google Earth (name of store, restaurant, etc.)" and it will list the locations. It works!
-On radio and iPod, the title, artist, etc. pops up but you can still see the list of stations or songs behind it if you want to move to the next one.
-The seats are comfortable, but they are harder than those in the GS.
-The cabin lighting is nice and bright at night
-The S5 has a nice, curvy dash that is turned toward the driver and I prefer the deep set guages
-No coin holders in the S5 but it does have an area in the door pocket that hangs onto sunglasses better than the one in the GS
-Takes up less space in my garage

It's a toss-up between the lighting. I loved the blue lighting at night in the GS, especially when it hit the aluminum trim. I love the red lighting in the S5, especially when it hits the aluminum trim.

I doubt that too many people are going to have these two cars in their consideration set, but if they do I can answer any questions. I would still tell anyone who asked that the GS is the best luxury sport sedan on the market today. That's why I went with a coupe.

Following are a couple of pics I took at home today. Now, time to go sneak out to the garage and admire her.
Good comparison. It's funny you said few people will cross shop them. When I just bought my new car to replace my BMW, the finalists were Acura TLX, Lexus GS-F Sport, Audi A6 and Audi S5. So I bought an A7
Old 01-16-15, 09:02 PM
dseag2
Lexus Champion

You are truly open-minded. I still want to hear more about your impressions of the A7. Remember, I only have 2-year lease. The sky's the limit when that is up! I'll visit the other forum for your input.
Old 01-16-15, 10:03 PM
PirelliRC
Lead Lap

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

A decent one. The dealership made a mistake and couldn't get the original S5 for $61,700 they had quoted me on, so they gave me the same deal on a car that cost $64,100. I was buying my GS and was close to paying it off. I went with a 2-year lease on the S5, so I put no money down and will be getting a nice, sizable equity check back. The trade-in on my '13 GS F Sport, immaculate, with 20,500 miles was $33,500. I'm fine with that.
Oh i see cool. The other day i was bored and went in to the Lexus dealer to look at some 2014 GS 450h that i might trade my current lease and flip it to a buy on the 450h. My vehicle is a 2014 GS 350 RWD with 5k miles and they appraised it at around $39,000. Depreciated over 10k in 4 months. Thank god im leasing it lol. I will wait about a year and a half to 2 years where the price of the vehicle stabilizes a bit more and trade it for a new GS Hyrbid, or who know what will be out there

Quick Reply: Maybe leaving for the Dark Side