Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Great choice.I love the S5.
Old 01-14-15, 04:13 PM
Im2bz2p345
Instructor

Received 207 Likes on 142 Posts

Congrats, but I also favor Audi's in darker colors.. unless of course you're getting the R8, then I love it in white/silver.

PirelliGS - that's a beautiful car & the rims are amazing in those photos you posted. Who owns it/where did you get the pics from?

~ Im2bz2p345
Old 01-14-15, 05:09 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,519 Likes on 1,817 Posts

Congrats! She's a beauty!

Originally Posted by PirelliGS
Well not really. Just depends what you are into. The new challenger and corvette are very refined and are have state of the art technology. American vehicles get a bad wrap, but the new ones are all amazing, futuristic, and of course super fast. I love my Challenger, it is so smooth and has an awesome suspension and the U Connect infotaiment / nav is very intuitive and appealing. I have V6, V8 and V10 cars, and the V8 is the best engine for everyday use. The S5 is a V8 sports car, it is not as docile as the A5 obviously. I just wanted to show how much hp and technology you can get for around the same price, something to consider thats all.
Nothing about them being American, while I agree say the C7 is very refined and is an incredible sports car for the money, its not the same "type" of car. An A5 or an E Class Coupe is a little more sophisticated, a little more highbrow while the Corvette or certainly Challenger or Camaro are a little more blue collar muscle car. One isn't better than the other, they're just different.
Old 01-14-15, 05:25 PM
natnut
Pole Position

Received 87 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by dseag2
Hi everyone. I guess during the holidays I got the itch to trade for a new car. I was going to wait for the 2016 models, but after seeing the GS F I decided I may not wait for Lexus to come up with something I want to trade for. I have loved my '13 GS F Sport and have kept it for almost 3 years, which is pretty much a record for me. It is a GREAT car!
Are you sure we can't tempt you to stay?

Originally Posted by Joe Z
Looks Great in Motion

~ Joe Z
Old 01-14-15, 05:48 PM
bigblack06

Received 315 Likes on 219 Posts

Thanks for all the great input and support, guys! You bet I will still hang around here. I posted in the S5 forum in Audiworld before I posted here to ask opinions on the color and have not received ONE response. I realize the car has a more limited ownership, but the other threads are active. Compare that with the number of responses I've received on CL. Maybe because the color is new for 2015.

It looks like the deal is done. The color is called Florett Silver. The interior is Black Nappa leather. Following is a pic from inside the dealership and one that is posted online. It is a silver with a lot of depth and a blueish tint. It actually reminds me of one of the silvers on the 1st gen SC. I'm not straying far from Liquid Platinum.
Looks good, congrats on the purchase.
Old 01-14-15, 07:00 PM
dseag2
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Hey, thanks for all the great wishes, guys. I would have been ready to pay off my GS this year, but I'm going with a 2-year lease on the S5 so I get a nice sum of money back and will be ready to trade again when the '17 models are available. By then, who knows what will be available?

I agree with those who said the S5 looks better in dark colors, but I'm obsessive about my cars so I want something that's pretty easy maintenance. Also, I special ordered my previous S5 Cab in Daytona Gray with Tuscan leather and I don't want to have to wait again. And I just don't want Daytona Gray with Black after having the Tuscan, which is no longer available.

Yes, the tech isn't as good as the newer tech in the A6/A7 but I don't commute so I don't use it that much. I will miss the big screen in the GS, but I do find the MMI system in the Audi easier to use. I'll also miss the stitched dash, Cabernet interior and padded everything in the GS, but the S5 is pretty nicely appointed and I know what to expect. I just like the real personal space a coupe offers. I rarely have more than 1 other person in the car with me.

Lastly, the car I was dealing on was sold (hey, it's a good sign that other people have the same taste), so my salesman found me a car that is slightly more expensive because it has Adaptive Suspension and Sport Differential but made the lease on it come to pretty much the same deal.

Following are better pics of the exact car, with the actual wheels I will be getting. I didn't want the ones shown in the earlier pics. Yes, I agree the 5 spoke wheels and black optic package is hot, but there aren't any cars in Florett Silver on the market with that package and the other equipment I want (Bang & Olufsen, etc.) I'm also old school and really like the Platinum grille and Silver mirrors on the S5. I guess I like "stealth". Window tinting and I'm good to go.

So, here she is. Signing paperwork tomorrow, the dealer is shipping from another dealer and she will be mine in a week. I'll post pics of the car when I get her home.

And you can bet I will still keep contributing as long as you want me here because this is such a great grouo of members!
Attached Thumbnails Maybe leaving for the Dark Side-2015-s5.jpg  

Last edited by dseag2; 01-14-15 at 07:21 PM.
Old 01-14-15, 07:02 PM
jjscsix
Racer

Received 69 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by SW13GS
Congrats! She's a beauty!

Nothing about them being American, while I agree say the C7 is very refined and is an incredible sports car for the money, its not the same "type" of car. An A5 or an E Class Coupe is a little more sophisticated, a little more highbrow while the Corvette or certainly Challenger or Camaro are a little more blue collar muscle car. One isn't better than the other, they're just different.
I know an aweful lot about Corvettes and I still am on the C7 forum every day. There was a time you could not give me a Corvette, but I have now owned seven of them....my last a 2009 Z06. I get where you are coming from, but I really do believe the C7 has turned around that perception.
Old 01-14-15, 07:30 PM
dseag2
Lexus Champion

BTW, if the new Q7 is the future of Audi styling I may be back to Lexus as soon as my lease is up!
Attached Thumbnails Maybe leaving for the Dark Side-audi-q7.jpg  
Old 01-14-15, 08:42 PM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,046 Likes on 661 Posts

U just can't stay away from silver cars can u?

and good idea on leasing it!
Old 01-14-15, 08:48 PM
dseag2
Lexus Champion

Yeah, you got THAT right! Best of luck with your GS. It has been a great, bullet-proof car that has kept me happy for 3 years now. I'm just ready for a change. If the Audi salesman called me tomorrow to say the deal fell through I would still be happy driving my GS!

Last edited by dseag2; 01-14-15 at 08:51 PM.
Old 01-14-15, 10:09 PM
PirelliRC
Lead Lap

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by jjscsix
I know an aweful lot about Corvettes and I still am on the C7 forum every day. There was a time you could not give me a Corvette, but I have now owned seven of them....my last a 2009 Z06. I get where you are coming from, but I really do believe the C7 has turned around that perception.
Definitely, its a whole another world. The best buy for your money bar none today when it comes to horsepower / $$ ratio is the 2015 Challenger Hellcat.
Old 01-14-15, 11:52 PM
islandbeef
Racer

Received 62 Likes on 38 Posts

BTW, if the new Q7 is the future of Audi styling I may be back to Lexus as soon as my lease is up!
You can blame KIA, they hired away Audi's top designer.
Old 01-15-15, 04:41 AM
jjscsix
Racer

Received 69 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by PirelliGS
Definitely, its a whole another world. The best buy for your money bar none today when it comes to horsepower / $$ ratio is the 2015 Challenger Hellcat.
A guy I know has a Hellcat coming in. I've already signed up for a ride!

Back to the S5 - nice looking car dseag. I like that color.
Old 01-15-15, 06:49 AM
JT4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 44 Likes on 41 Posts

Hey, thanks for all the great wishes, guys. I would have been ready to pay off my GS this year, but I'm going with a 2-year lease on the S5 so I get a nice sum of money back and will be ready to trade again when the '17 models are available. By then, who knows what will be available?

I agree with those who said the S5 looks better in dark colors, but I'm obsessive about my cars so I want something that's pretty easy maintenance. Also, I special ordered my previous S5 Cab in Daytona Gray with Tuscan leather and I don't want to have to wait again. And I just don't want Daytona Gray with Black after having the Tuscan, which is no longer available.

Yes, the tech isn't as good as the newer tech in the A6/A7 but I don't commute so I don't use it that much. I will miss the big screen in the GS, but I do find the MMI system in the Audi easier to use. I'll also miss the stitched dash, Cabernet interior and padded everything in the GS, but the S5 is pretty nicely appointed and I know what to expect. I just like the real personal space a coupe offers. I rarely have more than 1 other person in the car with me.

Lastly, the car I was dealing on was sold (hey, it's a good sign that other people have the same taste), so my salesman found me a car that is slightly more expensive because it has Adaptive Suspension and Sport Differential but made the lease on it come to pretty much the same deal.

Following are better pics of the exact car, with the actual wheels I will be getting. I didn't want the ones shown in the earlier pics. Yes, I agree the 5 spoke wheels and black optic package is hot, but there aren't any cars in Florett Silver on the market with that package and the other equipment I want (Bang & Olufsen, etc.) I'm also old school and really like the Platinum grille and Silver mirrors on the S5. I guess I like "stealth". Window tinting and I'm good to go.

So, here she is. Signing paperwork tomorrow, the dealer is shipping from another dealer and she will be mine in a week. I'll post pics of the car when I get her home.

And you can bet I will still keep contributing as long as you want me here because this is such a great grouo of members!
The cars looks good now but tint will take it to another level..

Congrats..
Old 01-15-15, 08:20 AM
obturator
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

S5 is one the better looking coupes out there--a definite head turner for me. Congrats! If that laser light technology ever make it to the states (dang the NTHSA), maybe an Audi for me in the future.

Quick Reply: Maybe leaving for the Dark Side