GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

2013 GS350 F Sport to LS460 F Sport

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-15, 03:17 PM
erdoc
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2013 GS350 F Sport to LS460 F Sport

I've got a decent opportunity to move from my 2013 GS 350 F Sport AWD to a 2013 LS F Sport AWD. Anybody have any thoughts about the LS F Sport. I really like my current car with Cabernet/Flaxen. I don't know much about the LS F Sport. Thanks.
Old 01-09-15, 03:59 PM
yardie876
Lexus Champion

Received 87 Likes on 73 Posts

You'll lose some of the sporty dynamics but you'll gain a lovely plush ride and decent sporting intentions whenever you want. The GS can't compare to the LS in terms of the supple ride and the LS can't compare to the GS in terms of a true sporty ride.

Rather have the big daddy LS though.
Old 01-09-15, 04:20 PM
islandbeef
Racer

Received 62 Likes on 38 Posts

I might do the same, I'm afraid my sons will be too big for the back seat in the GS.
Old 01-09-15, 06:54 PM
dseag2
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

I think the LS F Sport would be a great step up, but I could see them introducing a completely new model within 2 years that will blow everything else away. I would wait for that.
Old 01-10-15, 07:04 AM
erdoc
Driver School Candidate

I'd love to wait, but then I couldn't afford a new vehicle! Generally with Lexus--and certainly with the LS--they really are gently used and well taken care of.
Old 01-10-15, 07:06 AM
erdoc
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by islandbeef
I might do the same, I'm afraid my sons will be too big for the back seat in the GS.
I've got two kids too. Going into their tween years. I need the space. Although, the only thing they currently gripe about is the lack of seat warmers in the back. My wife's Escalade certainly spoiled them.
Old 01-10-15, 08:31 AM
99alta
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

When I recently bought the GS350 AWD, my wife decided she liked the looks of the LS-460L F-Sport better than the GS. So off we went for a nice ride without the salesman.
My thoughts
-LS is ultimate in Luxurary at this price point, self closing doors are cool, seats felt better, nice lines, very nice trim level, the analog clock even updates via sat. They didn't miss many confidence items if any!
- feels caveronous compared to the GS with a lot of room in the back.
- more power from the V8, but the car felt much heavier than the GS and not as nimble as the GS.

We hummed and hawed about it. However in the end we wouldn't be using all that extra room so we went with the GS AWD Luxury instead.

I think you and your kids would love it!
Old 01-10-15, 09:39 PM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,046 Likes on 661 Posts

The LS is a bit too floaty even the FSport in Sport+ mode and that V8 could use more power.
Old 01-11-15, 10:25 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,521 Likes on 1,819 Posts

Bottom line is...if someone gave you a choice of an LS or a GS which would you take for free, or for the same money...we'd all choose the LS.

We love our GS's, but ya gotta be honest
Old 01-11-15, 10:51 AM
obturator
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SW13GS
Bottom line is...if someone gave you a choice of an LS or a GS which would you take for free, or for the same money...we'd all choose the LS.

I concur. I used to not like driving big sedans but the 4GS has changed in mind, although I still prefer a shorter wheelbase car. Having a family has a way of changing your lifestyle. If I bought an LS F sport, I would remedy that floatiness by lowering the car. I love LexFather's LS. What ever happened to him, btw?
Old 01-11-15, 11:19 AM
jjscsix
Racer

Received 69 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by SW13GS

That would be a difficult choice for some because the LS is a lot bigger and floatier. When I bought my A7 a couple of months ago I found that I could buy a new LS (2014) for $10,000 off sticker. I was somewhat enamored with the idea as I think it's a neat car. But I remember about six months ago a guy I know who I deal with bought a new LS and let me take if for a drive. Keep in mind that at the time I was not even remotely in the market for a new car so my view of the car was not distorted by price or deals. I came back think it was a very boring car with very boring performance. No doubt, it's a really nice car if performance (acceleration and handling) are not a high priority.

I have not driven the LS-F Sport so I cannot speak for that car But at $87K list even a $10k discount would not have had me in one. For the same money - GS vs LS F-Sports then the LS would probably be my choice.
Old 01-11-15, 08:16 PM
dseag2
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

I would love an LS, but it would barely fit in my garage, so it's going to be a GS or smaller from here on.
Old 01-11-15, 08:46 PM
AL13NV8D3R
Instructor

Received 33 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by dseag2
I would love an LS, but it would barely fit in my garage, so it's going to be a GS or smaller from here on.
Then you need to buy a new house! After all an LS is worth it! Lol just kidding. Thats why when I was in the market for a new house, a three car garage with longer than standard length was priority with my realtor.
Old 01-12-15, 10:13 AM
islandbeef
Racer

Received 62 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by AL13NV8D3R
Then you need to buy a new house! After all an LS is worth it! Lol just kidding. Thats why when I was in the market for a new house, a three car garage with longer than standard length was priority with my realtor.
No offense, but this makes a lot of sense. Why get a nice car that makes your house (or your neighborhood) look ghetto?
Old 01-13-15, 10:34 AM
ZbynekZ
Driver

I think this generation of LS is the last one with V8 engine. Next gen will come with hybrid and hydrogen only. So we are having last few chances to own V8 cars. Especially here in "eco" Europe. Our kids will know V8 cars just from fairytales So buy it!

Quick Reply: 2013 GS350 F Sport to LS460 F Sport