GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Enform App Suite: Slacker vs Pandora vs iHeart

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-15, 11:37 AM
dchar
Lexus Champion

Received 223 Likes on 178 Posts

Originally Posted by Afrosheen
I really hope we get TuneIn radio in the future. It's my favorite by far, is 100% free, has different quality streams you can choose from and has a great app on both kinds of phones. I always mention it in the Lexus Advisory Board surveys, so hopefully one day they will expand the music app selection.
I hope they bring Apple CarPlay and Android Auto soon! This could bring in TuneIn Radio and many other apps.
Old 01-13-15, 11:53 AM
Afrosheen
Lexus Test Driver

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by dchar
I hope they bring Apple CarPlay and Android Auto soon! This could bring in TuneIn Radio and many other apps.
Eh, shoot for the moon, hit the street lights.
Old 01-14-15, 02:15 PM
Atomic350F
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Another discovery here to note,

The volume always goes back to 22 on Slacker via Enform, where as the other audio sources recall your last volume setting. Not sure why or if this can be changed via settings. Not a huge deal as I always am changing volume while driving it seems.

I have been using the Slacker Station based on my favorites now, this option seemed to pop up for me after I selected a few favorites. It works pretty darn good playing all kinds of other music that I can dig!

Still get glitches from time to time, perhaps this is normal though and cannot be avoided..
Old 01-15-15, 07:06 PM
5PM
Driver

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default I love Pandora...

...but just in past few days I've finally got a clue and stopped using the Enform app, because it SUCKS compared to simply streaming from my iPhone 5 via BT. I think I've had less trouble than many others, but there are just too many delays or failures of the app to load. BT streaming just works. If you tend to change Pandora stations a lot the app is still probably better, but if you tend to listen to one station during the day it's a lot more trouble than it's worth.
Old 01-16-15, 11:26 AM
Atomic350F
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 5PM
...but just in past few days I've finally got a clue and stopped using the Enform app, because it SUCKS compared to simply streaming from my iPhone 5 via BT. I think I've had less trouble than many others, but there are just too many delays or failures of the app to load. BT streaming just works. If you tend to change Pandora stations a lot the app is still probably better, but if you tend to listen to one station during the day it's a lot more trouble than it's worth.
Funny, I never have issues with starting the Enform app (Samsung droid though), it always works for me, though I have read about others having this issue. I do get an occasional pause or glitch when listening to streaming music, like a skip I guess you could say even if my signal is full strength. I think this is just network latency from streaming the music yet I am not sure, do you get this too either way (Enform vs BT)?

Your method may require using your phone to change settings, but it may be the way of my future! Thinking if I could just use BT and get a similar experience, why would I pay to extend the Enform subscription after it runs out? Its not that cheap for what it does really... sorry to say Lexus!
Old 01-17-15, 10:09 AM
Afrosheen
Lexus Test Driver

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

For those on Android getting pauses or skipping with Bluetooth audio (and via Enform) try disabling wifi. I've noticed my HTC is always looking for wifi access points and if I pass a strong enough signal it will interfere with bluetooth.