GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Customized Settings: Tips and Tricks

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-15, 12:27 PM
Atomic350F
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Customized Settings: Tips and Tricks

As we are all aware there are quite few options to customize settings on the 4GS and I have found a few that really make the experience more enjoyable and/or convenient. So I am wondering what kind of custom settings do most of you appreciate and why?

To start, I'll share what I have done:

1- Turned off the ECO lamp, I didn’t like my dash glowing blue constantly to let me know I was saving extra drops of gas each time I pressed the pedal.

2- Changed the smart key entry to unlock all doors instead of just the driver’s door. I love just grabbing the handle to let myself in, but when I have others with me I had to rush into the car to unlock the button to let them in. Now I grab the handle and everyone hops right in!

3- Deleted the dealer image that was flashing across the screen every time I started the car. I already knew where I bought the thing, and didn’t need the advertisement as a reminder.

4- Also I really like the poi icons showing the gas stations on the map at times, this is great how it shows even the actual gas station. I was able to show a list before now that I think of it that had the prices to compare, but that seems gone now or I forgot how to do it?!

6- I turn off the display while driving most of the time and have the autoscreen change to “on”, most of the time this seems to mean the screen will turn off after I check the radio or other things on the screen, yet not always.. such as when I open the map. Still figuring this option out.

7- Display color changed to the classy neutral beige instead of ipod techno blue.

8- Changed the turn signal auto flash from 3 blinks to 5 blinks, 3 just seemed like not enough time to make most lane changes and 5 is just right for me.

Really curious to know what else I may be missing out on, please share your 4 GS tricks CL!!
Old 01-06-15, 12:35 PM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,046 Likes on 661 Posts

For #2 u can unlock all doors by almost grabbing the rear passenger door handle or any passenger door handle. U don't have to actually grab it open, just put ur hand behind the handle.

Mine didn't have any dealer images on the screen.
Old 01-06-15, 12:46 PM
Atomic350F
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ItzFilyO
For #2 u can unlock all doors by almost grabbing the rear passenger door handle or any passenger door handle. U don't have to actually grab it open, just put ur hand behind the handle.

Mine didn't have any dealer images on the screen.
Youre right, and good point..

This works great when I am being a gentlemen and letting my girl in the door and all the doors unlock, but with my buddies I prefer to just grab the drivers handle and hop in, letting them fend for themselves!

The dealer image scared me at first thinking it was there for life, I was really glad to see I could delete that one!

Got any nifty settings of your own I may have missed?
Old 01-06-15, 12:46 PM
pacmanmmgs
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Trying to figure out how to roll down all the windows and open sun roof with the remote. I hold it down but it doesn't work.

1) Changed easy exit driver seat to partial. Full crushes the legs of rear passengers.

2) Lowered nav instruction volume to 1. Too loud when I'm on the phone and nav giving directions.

3) Automatic climate control increases 2 degrees instead of default 4 through voice control.
Old 01-06-15, 12:51 PM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by pacmanmmgs
Trying to figure out how to roll down all the windows and open sun roof with the remote. I hold it down but it doesn't work.

1) Changed easy exit driver seat to partial. Full crushes the legs of rear passengers.

2) Lowered nav instruction volume to 1. Too loud when I'm on the phone and nav giving directions.

3) Automatic climate control increases 2 degrees instead of default 4 through voice control.
For the windows roll down u need the Carista app or dealer computer.

1 and 2 yes but my nav stops giving directions when I'm on the phone.
Old 01-06-15, 12:54 PM
pacmanmmgs
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by ItzFilyO
For the windows roll down u need the Carista app or dealer computer.

1 and 2 yes but my nav stops giving directions when I'm on the phone.
Thanks !
I have a 2013 GS luxury.
That must have changed in 14 or 15.
Old 01-06-15, 01:15 PM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,996 Likes on 1,418 Posts

Originally Posted by Atomic350F
7- Display color changed to the classy neutral beige instead of ipod techno blue.
What display is #7?
Old 01-06-15, 01:19 PM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by bclexus
What display is #7?
It's the buttons color, default is blue I believe.

Old 01-06-15, 01:27 PM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,996 Likes on 1,418 Posts

Oh, okay. Thanks! I thought he was talking about the TFT multi-information display between the tach and speedometer.
Old 01-06-15, 02:11 PM
tnofam
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Atomic350F

2- Changed the smart key entry to unlock all doors instead of just the driver’s door. I love just grabbing the handle to let myself in, but when I have others with me I had to rush into the car to unlock the button to let them in. Now I grab the handle and everyone hops right in!
What's the exact setting for this? I went to change this but was presented with 2 different door unlock settings and didn't know which one it was. Was messing with it while waiting for the wife to come out of the house and haven't had time to look at it again.

Thanks for posting this by the way.
Old 01-06-15, 06:05 PM
razek
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

to roll all windows down and open sunroof you hit the lock button 2 times and the third time hold it down
Old 01-06-15, 07:27 PM
popping
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by razek
to roll all windows down and open sunroof you hit the lock button 2 times and the third time hold it down
It's the unlock. Not lock.
Old 01-06-15, 07:44 PM
razek
Driver School Candidate

thanks
QUOTE=popping;8855927]It's the unlock. Not lock.[/QUOTE]
Old 01-06-15, 07:54 PM
Joe166
Rookie

Originally Posted by pacmanmmgs
Thanks !
I have a 2013 GS luxury.
That must have changed in 14 or 15.
Mine is a 2015 and that pushy lady doesn't care if I am on the phone or not.
Old 01-06-15, 07:55 PM
Joe166
Rookie

How did you get rid of the dealer images? I don't have it on mine, but my wife has it on her 2014 GS and hates it.

Quick Reply: Customized Settings: Tips and Tricks