Customized Settings: Tips and Tricks

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-15, 02:12 PM
Atomic350F
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Carista
Luckily, Carista is very inexpensive and easy to use

Can I remove the top speed limiter by chance?!

On that note, is there a complete list of functions for the 2015 GS350 I can peruse?
Old 01-25-15, 07:55 PM
edittman1
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How can i disable the navi confirm and/or read out on everything? I want to zip through my voice commands...
Old 01-26-15, 01:56 AM
Carista
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Atomic350F
Can I remove the top speed limiter by chance?!

On that note, is there a complete list of functions for the 2015 GS350 I can peruse?
No, sorry. Disabling the top speed limiter is not a customizable setting. My guess is that you'd have to reflash the engine ECU with custom/hacked firmware... so the same companies that do engine performance tuning would probably be able to do that.
Old 01-26-15, 08:13 AM
Atomic350F
Pole Position

No, sorry. Disabling the top speed limiter is not a customizable setting. My guess is that you'd have to reflash the engine ECU with custom/hacked firmware... so the same companies that do engine performance tuning would probably be able to do that.
How about the list of what it can do?!
Old 01-26-15, 09:32 AM
Carista
Former Sponsor

How about the list of what it can do?!
Sort of. We have a sample list, but the customizable settings depend on the factory options with which the car was offered, as well as the market that it was sold for (U.S. vs. Japan vs. Europe, etc.). But yes, we have an example list here: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...rista-app.html
Old 01-26-15, 10:41 AM
Atomic350F
Pole Position

Sort of. We have a sample list, but the customizable settings depend on the factory options with which the car was offered, as well as the market that it was sold for (U.S. vs. Japan vs. Europe, etc.). But yes, we have an example list here: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...rista-app.html
Thanks for the 2013 GS350 sample list, there is quite a bit more functionality than I expected here...
Old 01-26-15, 03:43 PM
edittman1
Rookie

Thanks for the 2013 GS350 sample list, there is quite a bit more functionality than I expected here...
What do we need to use it with our 2015 GS350's on the iPhone? Will it even work?

What are common configs?
Old 01-26-15, 03:55 PM
Carista
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by edittman1
What do we need to use it with our 2015 GS350's on the iPhone? Will it even work?

What are common configs?
Same thing as with the 2013: most of the customizations will be the same as the sample ones listed in the thread that I linked to.

About running the app on an iPhone: you need a WiFi ELM327 device (from amazon, ebay, etc.) and you need to sign up for our beta-test program because we have not yet released the iOS app officially: http://www.caristaapp.com/ios/
Old 01-26-15, 04:16 PM
edittman1
Rookie

Same thing as with the 2013: most of the customizations will be the same as the sample ones listed in the thread that I linked to.

About running the app on an iPhone: you need a WiFi ELM327 device (from amazon, ebay, etc.) and you need to sign up for our beta-test program because we have not yet released the iOS app officially: http://www.caristaapp.com/ios/
How hard is that to connect?
Old 01-26-15, 05:28 PM
Carista
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by edittman1
How hard is that to connect?
The ELM device? It's super easy: there's a port under the dash and all you need to do is plug the device into it. Then open the app and click "CUSTOMIZE". That's it. It should find the device and connect automatically.

See our help page for more info on where to plug in the device. It talks about Bluetooth devices because that's what Android users use, but it's the same with WiFi devices.
Old 01-26-15, 06:15 PM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,050 Likes on 664 Posts

It's just like connecting to a hotspot for wifi and like connecting to a Bluetooth headset for Bluetooth version.
Old 02-12-15, 10:28 AM
marjenmill
Intermediate

Received 166 Likes on 74 Posts

Originally Posted by marjenmill
On my 2015, the Pandora level is ALWAYS at '22' which is loud. Even if I turn it down to 10, then flip over to XM, then back to Pandora again the volume is back to 22. Going to the dealer soon to have them fix it - if they can.
Found out the fix for this - it was my phone volume for the media sound. You have to set the media sound when you have Pandora running in your car. If you just set the media sound on your phone to a lower volume outside of the car, the enForm app actually raises the media sound to FULL VOLUME which is why the volume is so loud at the start for Pandora.

Simple fix:
(1) start enForm on your phone (my phone is a Samsung Galaxy S4)
(2) start your GS and wait for the enForm to connect
(3) once Pandora is running, select the 'Volume' under settings on your phone. Slide the setting to the desired sound level and you're set.

Never did find out why Pandora always starts at '22' instead of where I left it at.
Old 02-12-15, 10:33 AM
Atomic350F
Pole Position

Originally Posted by marjenmill
Found out the fix for this - it was my phone volume for the media sound. You have to set the media sound when you have Pandora running in your car. If you just set the media sound on your phone to a lower volume outside of the car, the enForm app actually raises the media sound to FULL VOLUME which is why the volume is so loud at the start for Pandora.

Simple fix:
(1) start enForm on your phone (my phone is a Samsung Galaxy S4)
(2) start your GS and wait for the enForm to connect
(3) once Pandora is running, select the 'Volume' under settings on your phone. Slide the setting to the desired sound level and you're set.

Never did find out why Pandora always starts at '22' instead of where I left it at.
Thanks for this tip, I will have to give it a try!
Old 03-21-15, 02:04 PM
rijc99
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

I found this setting in a loaner RX. Do you 2015 guys have this? I wonder if there is a update that add this to 13's and 14's.

Old 03-21-15, 02:35 PM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,283 Likes on 1,627 Posts

Originally Posted by rijc99
I found this setting in a loaner RX. Do you 2015 guys have this? I wonder if there is a update that add this to 13's and 14's.
To make a change for the GS 350 see Page 783 HERE for information on Lane Change Flashes.

Changing the number of Lane Change flashes (See the two (2) pdf attachments below).

This was copied from a post on how Lane Change Flashes are changed:

1. Start with the car completely off
2. Use the rotary **** on the wiper control to set how many blinks you want. This **** has four positions:
- 1st (bottom) position = 3 blinks
- 2nd position = 5 blinks
- 3rd position = 7 blinks
- 4th (top) position = no automatic blinks
3. Hold the wiper lever in the all-the-way-up position, and keep holding it there
4. With foot OFF brake pedal, press the start button twice so the gauges light up (keep holding that wiper lever up!)
5. Continue to hold the wiper lever all the way up for 5 seconds or more (if you go too fast you will have to start all over!)
6. Let the wiper lever come down one position and hold it there for 5+ seconds (don't let it go back to the middle, just let it come down one position)
7. Hold with wiper lever all the way up again for another 5+ seconds
8. Let with wiper lever come down one position again, and hold it for 5+ seconds
9. Let go of the wiper lever. The right turn signal should flash once. If it doesn't, turn the car off and start again at step 1.
10. Briefly move the turn signal lever down 1 position and let go of it again.

The left turn signal should flash to confirm your setting, but not in the way you might expect. It will blink 1, 2, 3, or 4 times to match where you set the rotary **** on the wiper control, so:

- 1 flash = set for 3 blinks
- 2 flashes = set for 5 blinks
- 3 flashes = set for 7 blinks
- 4 flashes = no auto blinks

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
GS4thGenTurnFlashes1.pdf (36.3 KB, 223 views)
File Type: pdf
GS4thGenTurnFlashes2.pdf (35.1 KB, 193 views)

Quick Reply: Customized Settings: Tips and Tricks