GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Customized Settings: Tips and Tricks

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-15, 05:11 AM
marjenmill
Intermediate

Received 144 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by Atomic350F
This is a tad bit annoying, I found as a sort of temporary fix you can go through all your sources and simply set them manually to the same volume, then it recalls when you switch back and forth between sources. But if you change one source on the fly then switch sources your not in sync anymore so this is just a temporary fix. I find I change the volume quite often anyways as driving conditions (speed, road noise, open moonroof, open windows, conversations with passengers, etc.) and as my own moods and music genres change.

The flip side is if different sources require different volume settings to maintain the actual level you are set to go! For example it seems satellite radio doesnt need as much volume as my usb with normalized mp3's for some reason. So maybe there is no perfect balance that works continuously in this regard. I admit, I change the volume an awful lot while driving, even when using the same source.

Same goes for the sound adjustments of bass, mid, and treble, and also the balance/fade settings also are source dependent. At least these are not changed as often as the volume though.

I guess since volume is such a dynamic, this is exactly we have them volume buttons so handy right on the steering wheel, and I think perhaps were just getting spoiled by all this luxury at this point!

Good job Lexus

On my 2015, the Pandora level is ALWAYS at '22' which is loud. Even if I turn it down to 10, then flip over to XM, then back to Pandora again the volume is back to 22. Going to the dealer soon to have them fix it - if they can.
Old 01-12-15, 08:20 AM
NR04
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ZbynekZ
The point is that different audio sources have got different audio input levels. I like that function.
I see the intent of the feature but not the point of their execution. A better solution would be to offer an auto-leveling before amplification or let users select +/- decibel setting against the master volume. It is very annoying to get surprised by a massive difference in volume when changing the source because the listening condition last time was vastly different.

I was hoping there was a way to turn this off as I myself find it more cumbersome
Old 01-15-15, 06:32 AM
struong
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ItzFilyO
It's the buttons color, default is blue I believe.

Is the beige color available for the 2013? I didn't see that option. Only blue and dark blue..
Old 01-15-15, 09:05 AM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,046 Likes on 661 Posts

I also turned off the beeps when locking and unlocking the car. Nobody needs to know when I arrive or leave.
Old 01-15-15, 10:57 AM
Joe166
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I also turned off the beeps when locking and unlocking the car. Nobody needs to know when I arrive or leave.
That is true, and I hate cars that beep the horn or chirp loudly whenever they are locked and unlocked, but the fairly discreet sounds from the Lexus are a welcome confirmation that I, for once, didn't forget to lock my car. I also like that the mirrors folding confirm that it is locked.
Old 01-15-15, 11:00 AM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Joe166
That is true, and I hate cars that beep the horn or chirp loudly whenever they are locked and unlocked, but the fairly discreet sounds from the Lexus are a welcome confirmation that I, for once, didn't forget to lock my car. I also like that the mirrors folding confirm that it is locked.
Well u can adjust the beep volume, I prefer the very soft beep or no beep at all.
Old 01-16-15, 08:47 AM
MEAHT
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe166
I also like that the mirrors folding confirm that it is locked.
Love this too. Its something small but I also feel that the power folding mirrors gives this car an "expensive" look (not that it doesnt have it already).

MEAHT
Old 01-16-15, 11:09 AM
Atomic350F
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by marjenmill
On my 2015, the Pandora level is ALWAYS at '22' which is loud. Even if I turn it down to 10, then flip over to XM, then back to Pandora again the volume is back to 22. Going to the dealer soon to have them fix it - if they can.
Same thing for Slacker I recently found, let me know if the dealer is able to set this by chance..
Old 01-16-15, 11:14 AM
Atomic350F
Pole Position

Originally Posted by MEAHT
Love this too. Its something small but I also feel that the power folding mirrors gives this car an "expensive" look (not that it doesnt have it already).

MEAHT
I really dig this feature too, but sadly when parking in my garage at home I found I need to fold the mirrors before I open the door to get out of the car even, as things are way too tight in my garage. Seems you need to have the engine switch on even for the mirror folding button to work, it doesnt work after I shut the car down so I have to remember before trying to escape the vehicle even if I dont open the door or not.

Wonder if the folding mirror options can be changed at all (other than on or off of course)? It would be sweet if I could have the mirrors fold when shifting into Park for example, instead of waiting for me to get out of the car and then locking the doors.
Old 01-16-15, 11:19 AM
Atomic350F
Pole Position

Originally Posted by struong
Is the beige color available for the 2013? I didn't see that option. Only blue and dark blue..
Sorry, not sure on the 2013 as mine is a 2015... Maybe someone can chime in here to help you out?

I much prefer the more subtle beige/goldish tones over the retina scorchin Microsoft PC blue interface..

It does seem like they changed the interface a bit though from 2013's I have test driven in the past..
Old 01-16-15, 12:07 PM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

I really dig this feature too, but sadly when parking in my garage at home I found I need to fold the mirrors before I open the door to get out of the car even, as things are way too tight in my garage. Seems you need to have the engine switch on even for the mirror folding button to work, it doesnt work after I shut the car down so I have to remember before trying to escape the vehicle even if I dont open the door or not.

Wonder if the folding mirror options can be changed at all (other than on or off of course)? It would be sweet if I could have the mirrors fold when shifting into Park for example, instead of waiting for me to get out of the car and then locking the doors.
U can change it to fold and unfold with the ignition instead of door locks.

Engine off, mirrors fold. Engine on, mirrors unfold.
The following users liked this post:
jessalynn (04-10-19)
Old 01-16-15, 12:39 PM
Atomic350F
Pole Position

U can change it to fold and unfold with the ignition instead of door locks.

Engine off, mirrors fold. Engine on, mirrors unfold.
This would be perfect for my needs!

Where exactly do I set this now?!
Old 01-16-15, 12:50 PM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

This would be perfect for my needs!

Where exactly do I set this now?!
Ur going to need the Carista app or dealer computer.
Old 01-16-15, 01:00 PM
Atomic350F
Pole Position

Ur going to need the Carista app or dealer computer.
Darn, I was hoping this wasnt going to be your answer.. thanks though!
Old 01-16-15, 01:21 PM
Carista
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Darn, I was hoping this wasnt going to be your answer.. thanks though!
Luckily, Carista is very inexpensive and easy to use

Quick Reply: Customized Settings: Tips and Tricks