GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Customized Settings: Tips and Tricks

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-15, 11:25 AM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,996 Likes on 1,418 Posts

Originally Posted by bclexus
Tell them to look HERE - Item #38 (It's the same for the GS)
Also HERE for the GS 350. Type 'Lane Change' (in 'Search this manual'), or go to Page 756 (which is Page 783 in the manual). Customization (8.2) setting for 'Turn Signal Lever'.

Hope this helps!
Old 01-07-15, 11:44 AM
Atomic350F
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Also HERE for the GS 350. Type 'Lane Change' (in 'Search this manual'), or go to Page 756 (which is Page 783 in the manual). Customization (8.2) setting for 'Turn Signal Lever'.

Hope this helps!
Pretty sad when the customer knowledge outgrows the dealerships..

However, this just goes to show the power of the forum in action.. should be fun proving them wrong!!
Old 01-07-15, 12:15 PM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Atomic350F

However, this just goes to show the power of the forum in action.. should be fun proving them wrong!!
You're welcome...
Old 01-07-15, 01:03 PM
Atomic350F
Pole Position

I'd love to see more custom settings CL, surely this isnt all of them!

Go ahead.. share your favorites today!
Old 01-07-15, 02:10 PM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Let us know what your dealer said to you after letting them know...
Old 01-07-15, 02:42 PM
popping
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Same here. dealer had my car for over an hour ago, hooked up to a computer and all. Finally said, it cant be done.

Sat in the parking lot for 15 minutes waiting for court and got it done. Would have been 5 minutes, but i rushed thru the instructions.
Old 01-07-15, 02:56 PM
Atomic350F
Pole Position

Let us know what your dealer said to you after letting them know...
To clarify, it was another member that was told by a dealer this cant be done.

I personally used the instructions from the forums and did this myself as can be seen from my original post.

Worked like a charm!

Originally Posted by chenalex
My car is at Jim Falk Lexus right now for the 5k service, and I took it in specifically to ask to change the number of flashes for the turn signals, but they said it can't be changed
^ There was the frustrated fellow Club member here.. ^ Beware of Faulk Lexus Service Dept!

Last edited by Atomic350F; 01-07-15 at 03:00 PM.
Old 01-07-15, 04:30 PM
chenalex
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just saw this thread. I got my car back already, but yeah i should've threw the manual in the guy's face. Oh well, I can do it myself later tonight haha
Old 01-07-15, 04:49 PM
NR04
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anybody know how to sync the volume so that it doesn't work independently based on the audio source? I hate the fact that it remembers the last volume setting for each individual source. For example, when I'm scrolling through my presets, the SAT will be at a different volume than my FM based on my last setting. I don't really see the point of this feature and would like to sync all the source. Thanks.
Old 01-07-15, 07:57 PM
Afrosheen
Lexus Test Driver

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Man I love my custom images at startup and when I turn the display off. Naked ladies, guilty. They are artistic though, nothing that belongs in Hustler.

Had my mom ride with me once, forgot I had the screen set to off, so she got an eyeful by accident. It was pretty funny. She said, "What is that", and I said, "naked lady", all matter-of-fact. I mean it kinda explains itself.
Old 01-08-15, 04:28 AM
marjenmill
Intermediate

Received 144 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by NR04
Anybody know how to sync the volume so that it doesn't work independently based on the audio source? I hate the fact that it remembers the last volume setting for each individual source. For example, when I'm scrolling through my presets, the SAT will be at a different volume than my FM based on my last setting. I don't really see the point of this feature and would like to sync all the source. Thanks.
I'm trying to figure that out too - no idea yet.
Old 01-08-15, 09:54 AM
Atomic350F
Pole Position

Originally Posted by marjenmill
I'm trying to figure that out too - no idea yet.
This is a tad bit annoying, I found as a sort of temporary fix you can go through all your sources and simply set them manually to the same volume, then it recalls when you switch back and forth between sources. But if you change one source on the fly then switch sources your not in sync anymore so this is just a temporary fix. I find I change the volume quite often anyways as driving conditions (speed, road noise, open moonroof, open windows, conversations with passengers, etc.) and as my own moods and music genres change.

The flip side is if different sources require different volume settings to maintain the actual level you are set to go! For example it seems satellite radio doesnt need as much volume as my usb with normalized mp3's for some reason. So maybe there is no perfect balance that works continuously in this regard. I admit, I change the volume an awful lot while driving, even when using the same source.

Same goes for the sound adjustments of bass, mid, and treble, and also the balance/fade settings also are source dependent. At least these are not changed as often as the volume though.

I guess since volume is such a dynamic, this is exactly we have them volume buttons so handy right on the steering wheel, and I think perhaps were just getting spoiled by all this luxury at this point!

Good job Lexus
Old 01-08-15, 10:11 AM
2SwiFt29
Lexus Test Driver

Wish I could be more help I have the 2015. But there is a section in the owners manual for all the available customized settings that tells you everything that can be changed and whether its a NAV change, display change, or dealer made change. Again mine is a 2015, but I would think your manual would outline your MY options in the same way.

Believe it or not.. I read the entire manual, customized settings were on page 561!!
Very good for you! I think more owners should do that.

I'll confirm that it's definitely for 2015 models only. 13-14' will need to go to the dealership to change this.
Old 01-08-15, 10:18 AM
Atomic350F
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Afrosheen
Man I love my custom images at startup and when I turn the display off. Naked ladies, guilty. They are artistic though, nothing that belongs in Hustler.

Had my mom ride with me once, forgot I had the screen set to off, so she got an eyeful by accident. It was pretty funny. She said, "What is that", and I said, "naked lady", all matter-of-fact. I mean it kinda explains itself.
LOL - that is too damn funny... thanks for sharing!!!

Somehow, naked ladies came to my mind too..
Old 01-09-15, 04:45 AM
ZbynekZ
Driver

Originally Posted by NR04
The point is that different audio sources have got different audio input levels. I like that function.

Quick Reply: Customized Settings: Tips and Tricks