GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Luxury wheels discontinued

Old 01-08-15, 03:34 AM
SanDeezy
Rookie

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

You have got to love those luxury wheels!

Yes the mitt is on the ground it's for tires, relax haha.
Old 01-08-15, 04:01 AM
DaSyce
Instructor

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

I really doubt Lexus would make an 18" wheel that looks like the old 19's from the F-Sport.

Clearly, the decided to give the Luxury package the same F-Sport 19" wheels in a different color.

Which is too bad, as I think the 19's ride a bit to hard.
Old 01-08-15, 05:19 AM
jjscsix
Racer

Received 69 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by SW13GS
They're not. They are the 19" F Sport wheels with a different color paint.

The wheels that came on your GS are NOT the wheels posted above on the picture of the white 2015 Luxury GS. Your wheels were 18s. Those wheels are the 19" F Sport wheels in a lighter graphite finish.

The window sticker I saw also mentioned 18" wheels, but the wheels are 19" wheels...verified by the size stamped on the tire.
I'm thinking there are two new wheels then. I am quite capable of reading the sidewall of a tire. The ones I saw that look like the F wheels but in a lighter silver absolutely were 18". But since my post someone has posted a picture of what he says are 19 that look a little different than the ones I'm talking about.

I just looked at your post on page two that you showed two different cars and wheels. I actually think you explained it correctly and we were on the same page. Like I said, I think the confusion is because there are two new wheels this year. I admit I have not had time to study it closer by going to the Lexus site and looking at the 2015 wheel options.

Last edited by jjscsix; 01-08-15 at 05:23 AM.
Old 01-08-15, 06:11 AM
lexusbiker
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yep the salesman told me these were the New Luxury package wheels for 2015. New color, new size and with
235/40x19 inch wheels. Accepted delivery December 18, 2014 in Grapevine, Tx.
Old 01-08-15, 06:23 AM
ckelly14
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lexusbiker
Yep the salesman told me these were the New Luxury package wheels for 2015. New color, new size and with
235/40x19 inch wheels. Accepted delivery December 18, 2014 in Grapevine, Tx.
Strange, I hope they don't come standard with 19" wheels...

Hopefully I will be able to post a wheel pic from Texas soon.
Old 01-08-15, 08:49 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,497 Likes on 1,800 Posts

If the "TX Car" is the car in that picture, it has 19" wheels not 18" wheels. He could have sent you a picture of another car.
Old 01-08-15, 09:04 AM
ckelly14
Driver

Here is a close-up of the TX car that the salesman confirms has 18" wheels:

I was hoping this clarified things but I can't read the sidewall from this photo.

I called Lexus corporate in California. They said choosing a replacement wheel is a regional decision, which may support the notion there are more than one tire style out there. My salesperson here has placed a call to the regional equipment rep. Keep you posted.

Chuck
Old 01-08-15, 10:21 AM
ckelly14
Driver

Turns out salesman was wrong...

I asked him to check again and he called me back and said these wheels are indeed 19" wheels! He actually checked on every luxury package that they have (they have 7 on the lot) and all of them have these 5 split-spoke 19 inch wheels.

Sorry I doubted you guys.

Not sure if it's worth it to have a car shipped from Texas or ordering and waiting 3 months for the Lux package since they are growing more similar to the F-sport package all the time. Really, the only question is if I can deal with the aluminum trim...
Old 01-08-15, 10:36 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

The salesman was definitely wrong. We know our stuff way better than any salesman haha.

Have it shipped from TX. Get the lux if thats what you want. I too would prefer the 18s for ride...I'm SURE somebody would swap with you though for 18s.
Old 01-08-15, 10:54 AM
ckelly14
Driver

The salesman was definitely wrong. We know our stuff way better than any salesman haha.

Have it shipped from TX. Get the lux if thats what you want. I too would prefer the 18s for ride...I'm SURE somebody would swap with you though for 18s.
Pretty tough to know if I want the Lux package, since I haven't even seen one in the flesh. The only thing that is valuable to me compared to the Premium package is the upgraded seats, but I haven't even sat in them. Are they close to the LS seats?
Old 01-08-15, 11:15 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

The seats are actually better than the LS' seats. I'm thinking about upgrading to the LS next time, but the sad thing is that I would have to give up the GS' seats. The Lux seats give you articulating backrests, adjustable bolsters, the the thigh extender. The LS only has the thigh extender and only on the drivers side.

The luxury package is what sold me the GS.
Old 01-08-15, 11:58 AM
ckelly14
Driver

The seats are actually better than the LS' seats. I'm thinking about upgrading to the LS next time, but the sad thing is that I would have to give up the GS' seats. The Lux seats give you articulating backrests, adjustable bolsters, the the thigh extender. The LS only has the thigh extender and only on the drivers side.

The luxury package is what sold me the GS.
Thank you. Something to think about...
Old 01-08-15, 12:22 PM
peteharvey
Lead Lap

Received 449 Likes on 294 Posts

Originally, I wasn't that serious, and I only had a casual glance - so I used to think that the entry level 18" was the same as the new luxury 19", because they both have five split spokes on a silver finish.
It's very easy for the casual observer to get these two wheels mixed up.

Then I did some thorough research in December 2014, and that's when I realised that the old premium 18" 9 bladed spokes had been replaced by the 19" 5 split spokes, which on close examination are actually a silver version of the F Sport's 19" black wheels.

Now I have to have another test drive of the 4GS luxury, but on the new 19" silver alloys.
Previously, the only time I ever tested the GS on 19", was with the F Sport model which I'm not so interested in.
I fear both a bumpier & a noisier ride on the 19", but sometimes these new low profile tires can be surprisingly quiet.
Wait & see...
Old 01-08-15, 12:43 PM
ckelly14
Driver

Originally Posted by peteharvey
Originally, I wasn't that serious, and I only had a casual glance - so I used to think that the entry level 18" was the same as the new luxury 19", because they both have five split spokes on a silver finish.
It's very easy for the casual observer to get these two wheels mixed up.

Then I did some thorough research in December 2014, and that's when I realised that the old premium 18" 9 bladed spokes had been replaced by the 19" 5 split spokes, which on close examination are actually a silver version of the F Sport's 19" black wheels.

Now I have to have another test drive of the 4GS luxury, but on the new 19" silver alloys.
Previously, the only time I ever tested the GS on 19", was with the F Sport model which I'm not so interested in.
I fear both a bumpier & a noisier ride on the 19", but sometimes these new low profile tires can be surprisingly quiet.
Wait & see...
I'm going to drive the F-sport one more time tomorrow. It has the exact same color combo I am looking for. If I like the seats and feel that the ride is smooth enough, I'll buy it.
Old 01-08-15, 12:57 PM
peteharvey
Lead Lap

Received 449 Likes on 294 Posts

Originally Posted by ckelly14
I'm going to drive the F-sport one more time tomorrow. It has the exact same color combo I am looking for. If I like the seats and feel that the ride is smooth enough, I'll buy it.
That'll be interesting, because I find the IS F Sport hardly any firmer than the luxury model, however I find the GS F Sport noticeably firmer than the GS luxury!
I find the RX F Sport the firmest, most lowered, and shortest suspension travel, compared to its RX luxury model counterpart.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Luxury wheels discontinued