GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Lexus debuts 2016 GS F (Pictures Starting on Page 8)

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-15, 06:19 AM
bocahoo
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jtrue28

This GS-F base will likely start at $75k, but none will be available with the "base" package, so tack on the $10K for the packages and you're looking at high $80s for the GS-F. And dealers will likely not be willing to budge much on the price, since it's "new".
That would be unfortunate. If that ends up being the case, I guess the good news for future GS-F owners is that their vehicle will be "rare".
Old 01-10-15, 08:25 AM
5PM
Driver

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Seriously underwhelming. There was very little chance I'd buy one, as there's no way to use the capabilities of a car in this general class where I live, but after seeing the glued-together styling I don't even think I'll bother to test drive it. Will trade my 2013 F Sport for a 2015 and just chill for a few years.
Old 01-10-15, 08:43 AM
RNM GS3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 59 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by SW13GS
A 550 isn't going to be $10k less in price if a GS-F is in the 80s unless you buy one base with absolutely no options.
Have you priced one out?

The BASE 550 is pretty much standard with everything the GS has and more, such as Nappa Leather, NAV, Rearview Cam, 20-way Comfort Seats and 445hp / 480tq.
Get Msport pack and Exec Pack as options and its pretty much fully loaded at 75k plus another 5k off and your looking at a realistic price of about 70k.

If GSF can be around 75-80k loaded then I think it can be successful.
I hope Lexus doesn't make it limited production like the GShybrid.......
Old 01-10-15, 09:05 AM
obturator
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Gojirra99
LEXUS call this car a GS F, so it's an unavoidable result that the media will state that it's their answer regardless ......
Not too late to change name to rcf sedan or gs 500 super f sport.... But Lexus is doing their own thing (sarcasm).
Old 01-10-15, 10:58 AM
mikedozz
Instructor

Received 59 Likes on 43 Posts

I would definitely buy this car, it looks amazing, i know it has received some negative comments based on the horsepower...but come on people, we have been waiting for this since the ISF in 08. In my opinion, lexus never planned to match or beat the M5 or Amgs, i think they just wanted to be in the conversation, which they accomplished. Those who love the brand and especially the GS will buy this car. I currently have the 13 GS350 but will definitely buy this car used in all black once it hits the 45k range .
Old 01-10-15, 12:47 PM
obturator
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by mikedozz
I would definitely buy this car, it looks amazing, i know it has received some negative comments based on the horsepower...but come on people, we have been waiting for this since the ISF in 08. In my opinion, lexus never planned to match or beat the M5 or Amgs, i think they just wanted to be in the conversation, which they accomplished. Those who love the brand and especially the GS will buy this car. I currently have the 13 GS350 but will definitely buy this car used in all black once it hits the 45k range .
I don't think anyone was expecting the GSF to beat the ///M, AMG, or RS, but to just be competitive. Now I don't know about it even being "in the conversation" since the GSF seems to compete with the second best cars from its rivals in this segment (although on the plus side, it would/should be priced accordingly). Lexus' best can only compete with their rivals' second best. Disappointing and unworthy for this car to carry an F badge. And, after reading what Yaguchi had to say, I am even more unimpressed. Really, he's gonna compare the GSF to a car below its segment in the RCF but with 4 doors? Why not just build an ISF or RCF sedan? He, himself, said that more power can be extracted from this engine...then proceeds to put the exact same engine in the GSF. I guess Lexus does not think it could sell more GSs if they had 3 cars in this segment: GS350, GS500, GSF. Rumor has it that they almost axed the GS all together. Who knows? But hey, Lexus is doing their own thing...

Last edited by obturator; 01-10-15 at 12:57 PM.
Old 01-10-15, 01:13 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 62 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by Lurker9
Perhaps Lexus IS doing things differently? If I were in the market for a hot 4dr sedan, for similar money, I'd pick the GS-F over the IS-F simply due to more usable rear seats. Then there is the possibility of adding a hotter version when Lexus has FI V8?
me as well .. the larger 4 door is more appealing to me . I look everyday at the IS F wondering if it's to small because I want the added HP and amenities over my current GS but I feel the car is to small IMO. The GS F is the perfect solution imo if someone wants 500 Hp then go buy a Bmw , Cts V, hellcat etc .
Old 01-10-15, 06:58 PM
PirelliRC
Lead Lap

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

who cares if its a few tenths of a second slower than a M5 and AMG. looks way better and is much more comfortable.
Old 01-10-15, 07:57 PM
sick21
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by PirelliGS
who cares if its a few tenths of a second slower than a M5 and AMG. looks way better and is much more comfortable.
Better resale and hella more reliable.
Old 01-10-15, 09:47 PM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,046 Likes on 661 Posts

Originally Posted by obturator
I don't think anyone was expecting the GSF to beat the ///M, AMG, or RS, but to just be competitive. Now I don't know about it even being "in the conversation" since the GSF seems to compete with the second best cars from its rivals in this segment (although on the plus side, it would/should be priced accordingly). Lexus' best can only compete with their rivals' second best. Disappointing and unworthy for this car to carry an F badge. And, after reading what Yaguchi had to say, I am even more unimpressed. Really, he's gonna compare the GSF to a car below its segment in the RCF but with 4 doors? Why not just build an ISF or RCF sedan? He, himself, said that more power can be extracted from this engine...then proceeds to put the exact same engine in the GSF. I guess Lexus does not think it could sell more GSs if they had 3 cars in this segment: GS350, GS500, GSF. Rumor has it that they almost axed the GS all together. Who knows? But hey, Lexus is doing their own thing...
Do u have a link to Yaguchi's story? I wanna read what he says about this.
Old 01-10-15, 09:58 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 186 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by ItzFilyO
Do u have a link to Yaguchi's story? I wanna read what he says about this.
http://m.automobilemag.com/features/...ampaign=buffer
Old 01-11-15, 12:07 AM
Afrosheen
Lexus Test Driver

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Mobile URL with awful, small pictures.

Here's the full-size version:

http://www.automobilemag.com/feature...ihiko-yaguchi/
Old 01-11-15, 12:53 AM
natnut
Pole Position

Received 87 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by PirelliGS
Definitely will outhandle the M5 on a winding road or slalom as well.
Old 01-11-15, 01:13 AM
natnut
Pole Position

Received 87 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by Lurker9
So the chief engineer basically confirmed that the GSF is a 4dr RCF. It might be safe to assume the following:
1- Pricing is close to RCF's
2- Performance should be compared to M3/4

https://www.clublexus.com/articles/c...-doesnt-power/
That's actually good when you consider that an M3 or M4 would absolutely murder an M5 in the twisties/slalom/winding road.

Unless on a drag strip, a GS-F then would be far more fun and capable than an M5.
Old 01-11-15, 06:46 AM
obturator
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by natnut
That's actually good when you consider that an M3 or M4 would absolutely murder an M5 in the twisties/slalom/winding road.

Unless on a drag strip, a GS-F then would be far more fun and capable than an M5.
This is not new news. The M3 has always out-handled the M5. The GSF should do the same since it weighs drastically less than the M5 and has a superior chassis. Now if you think the GSF will out-handle the M3, I got some swamp land to sell you.

Also, the GSF's chassis may even be better than the RCF's because it's not a Frankenstein setup but it's very own. The longer wheel base may affect it, however. We shall see.

Last edited by obturator; 01-11-15 at 06:59 AM.

Quick Reply: Lexus debuts 2016 GS F (Pictures Starting on Page 8)