GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

My Issues Thus Far

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-15, 07:31 AM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,990 Likes on 1,414 Posts

Originally Posted by ItzFilyO
Or bubble wrap it and just park the car in my bedroom in a glass case.
Move over Kate...
Old 01-30-15, 07:32 AM
ThomasGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 373 Likes on 218 Posts

I typically would've told you to merely crank the volume ****, but on a car this new, it sounds like it's time to take your car in to the Lexus docs!
Old 03-03-15, 01:16 PM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

sick21 - Did you ever take your car to the dealer to fix the issues you have?

And, did you ever check the door's window seal to see if that was the cause of your wind noise whistle?

Last edited by bclexus; 03-03-15 at 01:19 PM.
Old 03-03-15, 01:59 PM
jmoney6
Driver School Candidate

Received 21 Likes on 2 Posts

My check engine light came on after day 5 and 200 miles on the clock. It has been at the dealer for 2 days and they still cannot figure out what is wrong with it.....
Old 03-03-15, 06:46 PM
sick21
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by bclexus
sick21 - Did you ever take your car to the dealer to fix the issues you have? And, did you ever check the door's window seal to see if that was the cause of your wind noise whistle?
No I haven't taken it yet. I just parked it. I haven't hardly driven it the past month, been driving my company car or my wife's. I was really taking her GC all the time until she totaled it. And I checked and that wasn't the cause of my wistle
Originally Posted by jmoney6
My check engine light came on after day 5 and 200 miles on the clock. It has been at the dealer for 2 days and they still cannot figure out what is wrong with it.....
Hmm I smell a new car!! Lol just kidding who knows, it could be something small and you might never have another issue at all. But I do wish you luck!!
Old 03-04-15, 05:49 AM
rjm
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Just thought I'd throw this out there for those having complaints about their cars. In spite of all the problems, Lexus is still probably the best choice. The article was received in The Car Pro Weekly Newsletter yesterday.

"LEXUS TOPS DEPENDABILITY STUDY AGAIN

Lexus is the most dependable car brand for the fourth consecutive year in rankings that increasingly hinge on high-tech features.

Buick, Toyota, Cadillac and Honda and Porsche, which were tied, rounded out the top five spots in the annual survey, released by the consulting firm J.D. Power. The survey asked original owners of vehicles from the 2012 model year about problems experienced in the last year.

Lexus owners reported 89 problems per 100 vehicles; the industry average was 147 problems. Fiat was the worst performing brand, with 273 problems per 100 vehicles. Land Rover, Jeep, Mini and Dodge rounded out the bottom five performers.

The top two complaints were technical ones: inability to pair phones to the car and trouble with voice recognition systems, which often-misunderstood drivers' commands. That's a change from past years, when design problems like wind noise or mechanical issues like squeaky brakes topped the list.

J.D. Power spokesman John Tews said it's difficult to compare the results to prior years, since J.D. Power changed this year's survey to include more specific questions about technology, but it's clear that high-tech features and owners' expectations about how they will perform are increasingly important to overall perceptions of quality.

J.D. Power said 15 percent of respondents avoided a model because it lacked new technology, up from 4 percent in last year's survey.

"Owners clearly want the latest technology in their vehicles, and they don't hesitate to express their disapproval when it doesn't work," said Renee Stephens, vice president of U.S. automotive at J.D. Power.

Wind noise was the third most reported problem on this year's list, followed by hesitating automatic transmissions and excessive road noise.

The rankings are important to automakers, since unhappy customers are more likely to shop other brands when they buy their next vehicle. J.D. Power said 56 percent of owners who reported no problems with their vehicles said they "definitely will" purchase the same brand next time.

In rankings of individual vehicles, General Motors Co. and Toyota Motor Corp. tied with seven segment winners each. GM's Chevrolet Malibu was the most dependable midsize car, while the Toyota Corolla was the highest ranked small car.

More than 34,000 vehicle owners were surveyed for the study in November and December. J.D. Power has been conducting the dependability study since 1989."
Old 03-04-15, 06:47 AM
sick21
Lexus Test Driver

^^Thanks for making me feel better that everyone else with a Lexus isn't having issues?? Cool. This isn't my first car. I've owned more than 25 vehicles all being newer than 2007. Rarely have I had as many issues with them as I do my GS.
Old 03-04-15, 08:11 AM
jkeller
Advanced

Received 74 Likes on 60 Posts

I got Consumers Reports annual car reliability issue in the mail yesterday. Across the board Toyota products show extremely reliable, as they have for the 25 years I've been subscibing to the mag. Nissan products have taking a nose dive in overall reliability. Don't know whats going on there, they have a history good quality up till recently.
Old 03-04-15, 08:22 AM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,046 Likes on 661 Posts

Originally Posted by jkeller
I got Consumers Reports annual car reliability issue in the mail yesterday. Across the board Toyota products show extremely reliable, as they have for the 25 years I've been subscibing to the mag. Nissan products have taking a nose dive in overall reliability. Don't know whats going on there, they have a history good quality up till recently.
That's right, my neighbor just sold his 1 yr old Nissan Versa and said it was a POS cause it was burning oil.
Old 03-04-15, 01:58 PM
LexRuger
Pole Position

Received 185 Likes on 117 Posts

Originally Posted by jkeller
My GF has a '13 Altima and has a check engine light on as I type this. I had a 2010 Maxima. Only issue I had was a rattle from the pano roof. But I only had it for about 25k miles.
Old 03-11-15, 03:32 PM
sick21
Lexus Test Driver

Update! My car got fixed this past weekend.

They don't know why it goes dead when it sits for a while but it hasn't done that lately so oh well I guess.

My roof rattle was fixed. It was actually the sunroof, they tightened it too much the first time when it was leaking so it started to creak.

Also got a new brake rotor, brake pad and cable. The pad wasn't releasing.

I got a new intake, old one was cracked and caused a rattle when full throttle on colder days.

Left rear shock was leaking, replaced.

That's all for now. Next is to get my tint fixed and the scratches all buffed out. Then I plan to lower it and put 20's on it. And a front lip! l love my GS!

Last edited by sick21; 03-11-15 at 03:36 PM.
Old 03-11-15, 03:37 PM
JEFFOS69
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sick21
Update! My car got fixed this past weekend. They don't know why it goes dead when it sits for a while but it hasn't done that lately so oh well I guess. My roof rattle was fixed. It was actually the sunroof, they tightened it too much the first time when it was leaking so it started to creak. Also got a new brake rotor, brake pad and cable. The pad wasn't releasing. I got a new intake, old one was cracked and caused a rattle when full throttle on colder days. Left rear shock was leaking, replaced.

It goes dead because the stock batteries are garbage - if you replace the battery with a decent aftermarket one you won't have that anymore most likely.
Old 03-11-15, 03:38 PM
sick21
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by JEFFOS69
It goes dead because the stock batteries are garbage - if you replace the battery with a decent aftermarket one you won't have that anymore most likely.
Ok I will replace it. By now it's probably shot anyways from all the times it has gone dead.
Old 03-11-15, 06:02 PM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

sick21 - how 'bout that wind noise whistle?
Old 03-11-15, 06:34 PM
sick21
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by bclexus
sick21 - how 'bout that wind noise whistle?
They couldn't figure it out.

Quick Reply: My Issues Thus Far