GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

My Issues Thus Far

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-15, 01:58 AM
ZbynekZ
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dseag2
I've been pretty rattle-free for 20k miles (other than the passenger side seat belt hitting the plastic), but today I noticed the glove box rattling. I opened closed it. I moved things around in it. It still rattled. Seems like it isn't completely closing, so it will go on my 25k service if it continues.
I'm sad I hear it but I know it. I also thought it is a glovebox.Or the passanger's AC vent. But on my car is causing all these rattles aluminium dashboard trim. Dealer fixed it but now as temperatures went down it started again so I have to visit dealer again...
Old 01-07-15, 05:40 AM
Allen K
-0----0-

Received 574 Likes on 394 Posts

Originally Posted by sick21
Yeah I forgot about that one. This is the loudest issue I have by far. When going into a driveway at an angle that's uneven or something the roof lets out a huge pop/bang. I'd almost rather scrape my front than go at an angle and hear that sound.
Got that pulling into a gas station the other day and it spooked me. Wasn't near anything above me so I thought someone threw a rock at me or something
Old 01-07-15, 06:54 AM
exjd111
Driver School Candidate

Default Lumbar Support

I drive a 2014 GS AWD (package is 1 level above F Sport).

Only issue so far has been my Lumbar Support stopped working. Dealer picked it up (i have free valet service from my dealership, which includes them dropping off a loaner) to inspect. They told me that the metal bracket inside the seat that holds the lumbar support mechanism cracked. I have been waiting 4 weeks now for the replacement part to come in.

Other than that I have had zero issues with the car.
Old 01-07-15, 07:43 AM
99alta
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by dougm213
With 15K, the only noise I am sensitive too is when the radio is off and on quiet roads, I hear a whine (which is not the fan) from the engine. I say sensitive since there are certain sound frequencies that I pick up over others.

That being said I have no squeaks or creaks or thumps that I am aware which in my old car drove me crazy especially the moon-roof shade. On my first drive of the new car I had one creaking from the driver side seat belt adjustment but reset it and never heard the noise again.
I've just hit 1000k and I get that high frequency whine that sounds electrical in nature? I've only noted it after starting the vehicle a couple times and it usually lasts a couple minutes. I was hoping it had something to do with the car being cold and just needs a breakin period!

I find it VERY annoying and wouldn't be able to stand it for more than a couple minutes in quiet conditions.

Also have a styrofoam rubbing sound from the passenger side door a couple times. I've only heard it when very cold and on very bumpy road.
Our city is he-- on vehicles in winter! They don't plow the roads often and the roads turn into rumble strips (or worse) a few days after a big snow fall!
Old 01-08-15, 05:39 PM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,991 Likes on 1,415 Posts

Rant thread. 2014 RWD F Sport. Almost 6k miles. 1.) Rear driver's suspension creaks. I notice this when getting out and now that it's cold.
2.) Sunroof was leaking. Had repaired but not sure if it's actually fixed or not, yet.
3.) 70mph+ whistle inside of car that drives me nuts as well as other passengers. Dealer heard it and thinks they fixed it when the sunroof was fixed, but they didn't.
4.) WOT is great. But sometimes the intake makes this harsh popping/rattle. I'm assuming it's coming from the intake, kind of under the dash on passenger side is where the sound comes from.
5.) My most annoying issue. I think it's another "when cold outside" issue. Sounds like it's coming from the steering column. It's a rattle that intermittently clicks. Super frustrating and annoying.
6.) Battery goes dead if I don't drive the car for two days. But it's been a while since I've gone two days without driving it so I haven't had that issue in a while. I think that's all for now folks. Some issues I've had the dealer look at some not. My dealer is about 4 hours away so it's not exactly easy. I just expected more from my car otherwise I probably would have spent the extra money to have an A6 if I wanted a car full of wonky issues.
sick21 - Have you read THIS concerning your Item 3 (wind noise)?

Old 01-08-15, 06:31 PM
sick21
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by bclexus
sick21 - Have you read THIS concerning your Item 3 (wind noise)?
This was a huge help! I'm pretty sure this is my issue. I'll check out tomorrow. Thanks!!!
Old 01-08-15, 06:45 PM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

This was a huge help! I'm pretty sure this is my issue. I'll check out tomorrow. Thanks!!!
If so, you owe me big-time...I mean in a HUGE, HUGE way!

However, if this does not take care of your noise issue, then kindly forget I made such a big deal about it.
Old 01-09-15, 03:25 AM
Ezride
Driver School Candidate

only problem i have is when my finance rides passenger, she always sleeps in about 5 minutes.. .too smooth
Old 01-09-15, 07:20 PM
dseag2
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Ezride
only problem i have is when my finance rides passenger, she always sleeps in about 5 minutes.. .too smooth
Your "finance"? Was that a Freudian slip?
Old 01-09-15, 07:29 PM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by dseag2
Your "finance"? Was that a Freudian slip?
A high-maintenance fiancée (expensive in both time and $$$,$$$,$$$) oftentimes must be financed...

Last edited by bclexus; 01-09-15 at 07:45 PM.
Old 01-09-15, 07:55 PM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,046 Likes on 661 Posts

Just lease her.
Old 01-10-15, 10:40 AM
99alta
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

+1 on bclexus post. Although the exact spot is slightly back of the red circle, between the two doors.

I don't have the wind noise yet. However noticed the rubber seal is not adequately retained in the silver moulding shown in the above pic.
On my 2014 there is but a 1/8" piece of rubber holding the very top of the rubber seal in place. On the passenger side it's not even attached.
Looked at 2015 models and they added a little meat to the area in question, but there still isn't much to hold the top of the weather strip in place.

My dealer says it is normal so they didn't even bother to fix the passenger side. Looks as though one would have to take the rear window trim off ( along roof line) in order to reattach the top of weather strip.
Tried to capture in a photo for you but everything is black so it's very difficult to see.

Last edited by 99alta; 01-10-15 at 10:44 AM.
Old 01-10-15, 01:14 PM
RyanC
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RyanC
If you shut off the car in neutral it will keep the radio playing but the engine will shut off.
Sorry I know this is kind of OT but another member said it was an issue for them The other day I tried turning off the car in neutral and radio continued to play - then I put the car in park and the radio still was playing, so if you want turn off the car, but keep things running - you should shut it off when the car is in neutral (probably works in D and R too, but for safety, neutral is probably best) - then you can put it into park and sit in the car and listen to music - continue your phone conversation, etc.
Old 01-11-15, 03:01 AM
Ezride
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by bclexus
A high-maintenance fiancée (expensive in both time and $$$,$$$,$$$) oftentimes must be financed...

still learning how to figure that ratio out
Old 01-29-15, 03:39 PM
sick21
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Update!!! Haven't been to the dealer yet to have the above issues addressed but that's ok because I'm here to list a few more new issues.

1.) Since my sunroof has been repaired at my last dealer visit, the roof in the rear of my car has started creaking/pooping when taking off from a complete stop. At first I thought it was the child seats in the back but it's became severe and very clear.

2.) When coming to a stop, almost stopped, the car vibrates roughly. Annoying. A few passengers have commented "it feels like the car is going to die, isn't this a new car?!"

3.) As of late, I have noticed in the morning when I start the car, it's smoking blue smoke and smells rich. Chevron 91octane or shell 91. Doesn't get any better than that here so I'm assuming it's not the gas.

4.) Yay my brakes scream at me now! That's fantastic!! And embarrassing. One passenger noted "what the **** are your brakes worn out already?!" Hmm they're not, at 6,500 miles but it sure sounds like metal on metal. Sweet!

5.) Some of my tint bubbled. Not my cars fault but still chapped my *** when I saw it. Easy fix.

So as you all can imagine, I drive a very expensive car. Anyone who rides in it, they drive a huge expensive truck. They believe cars should be cheap. The fact that I bought (leased, but that doesn't really matter) such an expensive car, is beyond them especially since it's such a piece of ****. My car is becoming an embarrassment anytime someone rides with me. My dealer is about 3 1/2 hours away. I went with Lexus not expecting to have this many issues at 6,500 miles. Oh well, it happens unfortunately. I'm just ranting

Last edited by sick21; 01-29-15 at 03:43 PM.

Quick Reply: My Issues Thus Far