GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

My Issues Thus Far

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-15, 03:09 PM
sick21
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by PirelliGS
I read somewhere that the new Lexus's cannot be a lemon. Its impossible.
Maybe in Lexus' eyes but I'm sure by law it's possible, whether or not they like it. I don't think my car is a lemon, I really haven't had any issues that have interrupted operation of the vehicle other than it going dead a few times. I just wish it didn't have so many annoying little problems.

Last night when my wife and I went out, the steering column rattled the whole night. Today it hasn't rattled once. It's like yeah I'm sure the dealer will never find these issues so I get frustrated with the car.
Old 01-04-15, 03:54 PM
PirelliRC
Lead Lap

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by sick21
Maybe in Lexus' eyes but I'm sure by law it's possible, whether or not they like it. I don't think my car is a lemon, I really haven't had any issues that have interrupted operation of the vehicle other than it going dead a few times. I just wish it didn't have so many annoying little problems.

Last night when my wife and I went out, the steering column rattled the whole night. Today it hasn't rattled once. It's like yeah I'm sure the dealer will never find these issues so I get frustrated with the car.
really ? man thats annoying, im very picky with noises and vibrations from inside the cabin, that must suck. Yeah the vehicle never sems to show its issues when you take it to the dealer, ive been down that road many times with my 5 series which i sold. The smoothness and quietness is main reason i leased the GS, i hope it holds up for 2 years lol. Sucks to hear you are having these problems.
Old 01-04-15, 07:36 PM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,991 Likes on 1,415 Posts

Hey sick21 - I just remembered that I sent you a Friend Request weeks and weeks ago, which is still active. After you didn't respond I sent you a Private Message as a reminder, but you never responded to that either. Something tells me that you haven't even seen the Friend Request. I was giving away $1,000 cash gifts for Christmas... Anyway, let me know on the Friend Request.
Old 01-04-15, 08:26 PM
sick21
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by bclexus
Hey sick21 - I just remembered that I sent you a Friend Request weeks and weeks ago, which is still active. After you didn't respond I sent you a Private Message as a reminder, but you never responded to that either. Something tells me that you haven't even seen the Friend Request. I was giving away $1,000 cash gifts for Christmas... Anyway, let me know on the Friend Request.
Woops. I didn't see that! I only use the app and I can't figure out how to do that I guess, or I can't. Not sure. But I did get the PM, just haven't got around to getting on here from a computer.
Old 01-05-15, 05:23 AM
RyanC
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Really ? thats interesting. You dont think it will have negative effects on the engine ?
It shouldn't have any impact on the engine at all to turn off the car in neutral. If you consider that a manual transmission car doesn't even have a "park" setting - you always turn off the car in neutral and there is no negative impact.

I don't know if you put the car into park after shutting off the engine if the radio will turn off though .. I just happened to stumble upon this when waiting in line for gas, I turned off the engine and noticed the radio was still on because I had the car in neutral. I didn't place the car in park though - just restarted the engine.
Old 01-05-15, 06:53 AM
coach1
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I purchased the F-Sport 6 or 7 months ago and have NOT experienced any issues mentioned, or any others. I would not be happy if I had half the issues. Ours has been perfect in every way.....quiet, smooth trouble free...not to step on your misfortune, but just to pass along my experience. Dealership relations do make a difference. I hope all is resolved for you.
Old 01-05-15, 07:35 AM
sick21
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by coach1
I purchased the F-Sport 6 or 7 months ago and have NOT experienced any issues mentioned, or any others. I would not be happy if I had half the issues. Ours has been perfect in every way.....quiet, smooth trouble free...not to step on your misfortune, but just to pass along my experience. Dealership relations do make a difference. I hope all is resolved for you.
Yeah good relations do go a long ways. This is my first Lexus and my first dealing with this dealer. I have been once, for my 5k service and to get the sunroof repaired. I was super friendly and kissed *** because I don't want to be a troubled customer. And I'm coming almost 4 hours away, I might need a favor from them someday..
Old 01-05-15, 07:49 AM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,046 Likes on 661 Posts

My dash starts to make a vibrating noise this morning, it's somewhere behind the radio area and I can't replicate it so a dealer visit will be useless. I think I'll just have to live with it, unless the whole dash falls apart.

Maybe the Japanese quality isn't as good as they used to be. B pillar ticks, now dash rattles..
Old 01-05-15, 08:53 AM
praetor
Racer

Received 132 Likes on 92 Posts

My only issues are the weak aluminum trim that dents easily, got it fixed by dealer via TSB. Lower door rattles from speaker bass. Passenger seat rattles a bit when unoccupied and driving on rough road. Other than that, haven't had any other issues that bothered me.
Old 01-05-15, 10:57 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 108 Likes on 79 Posts

Really ? thats interesting. You dont think it will have negative effects on the engine ?
no, thats by design
Old 01-05-15, 10:58 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 108 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by sick21
Rant thread. 2014 RWD F Sport. Almost 6k miles. 1.) Rear driver's suspension creaks. I notice this when getting out and now that it's cold.
this happens to me on my IS, due to parking brake being on the rear brakes... probably the same? good luck with rest of them!
Old 01-05-15, 11:00 AM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,046 Likes on 661 Posts

Yea the rear creaking is mostly cause of the parking brake settling in.
Old 01-05-15, 07:13 PM
dseag2
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

I've been pretty rattle-free for 20k miles (other than the passenger side seat belt hitting the plastic), but today I noticed the glove box rattling. I opened closed it. I moved things around in it. It still rattled. Seems like it isn't completely closing, so it will go on my 25k service if it continues.
Old 01-05-15, 09:06 PM
PirelliRC
Lead Lap

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by RyanC
It shouldn't have any impact on the engine at all to turn off the car in neutral. If you consider that a manual transmission car doesn't even have a "park" setting - you always turn off the car in neutral and there is no negative impact.

I don't know if you put the car into park after shutting off the engine if the radio will turn off though .. I just happened to stumble upon this when waiting in line for gas, I turned off the engine and noticed the radio was still on because I had the car in neutral. I didn't place the car in park though - just restarted the engine.
cool, i tried it today and the stereo / nav stays on even after you put in park. Thanks
Old 01-06-15, 08:11 AM
dougm213
Intermediate

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

With 15K, the only noise I am sensitive too is when the radio is off and on quiet roads, I hear a whine (which is not the fan) from the engine. I say sensitive since there are certain sound frequencies that I pick up over others.

That being said I have no squeaks or creaks or thumps that I am aware which in my old car drove me crazy especially the moon-roof shade. On my first drive of the new car I had one creaking from the driver side seat belt adjustment but reset it and never heard the noise again.

Quick Reply: My Issues Thus Far