GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

My Issues Thus Far

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-15, 04:13 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,519 Likes on 1,817 Posts

34700 miles here and mines as good as it was when it was brand new.

I would imagine the rough idle and the smoking are the same issue. You've got to take it to the dealer.
Old 01-29-15, 05:48 PM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,991 Likes on 1,415 Posts

Originally Posted by sick21
Update!!! Haven't been to the dealer yet to have the above issues addressed but that's ok because I'm here to list a few more new issues.

1.) Since my sunroof has been repaired at my last dealer visit, the roof in the rear of my car has started creaking/pooping when taking off from a complete stop. At first I thought it was the child seats in the back but it's became severe and very clear.

2.) When coming to a stop, almost stopped, the car vibrates roughly. Annoying. A few passengers have commented "it feels like the car is going to die, isn't this a new car?!"

3.) As of late, I have noticed in the morning when I start the car, it's smoking blue smoke and smells rich. Chevron 91octane or shell 91. Doesn't get any better than that here so I'm assuming it's not the gas.

4.) Yay my brakes scream at me now! That's fantastic!! And embarrassing. One passenger noted "what the **** are your brakes worn out already?!" Hmm they're not, at 6,500 miles but it sure sounds like metal on metal. Sweet!

5.) Some of my tint bubbled. Not my cars fault but still chapped my *** when I saw it. Easy fix.

So as you all can imagine, I drive a very expensive car. Anyone who rides in it, they drive a huge expensive truck. They believe cars should be cheap. The fact that I bought (leased, but that doesn't really matter) such an expensive car, is beyond them especially since it's such a piece of ****. My car is becoming an embarrassment anytime someone rides with me. My dealer is about 3 1/2 hours away. I went with Lexus not expecting to have this many issues at 6,500 miles. Oh well, it happens unfortunately. I'm just ranting
Well, damn!

(1) I've never heard of a sunroof pooping before. Is the smell bad?
(2 & 3) Sounds like it could be a leaky head gasket between two cylinders - with the antifreeze giving the sweet smell, and just enough water/moisture in one or two cylinders to cause a rough idle at low RPMs. However, blue smoke is usually an indicator of oil being burned.
(4) You may have lost the brake pad anti-squeal grease (lube/paste) packing behind one or more of the pads, which can cause squealing.
(5) It's highly unusual for high-quality window tint film to bubble once it has dried/cured.
Old 01-29-15, 05:50 PM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,046 Likes on 661 Posts

Sick21 u just need some Kate Upton in ur life and all these problems will disappear...

Old 01-29-15, 05:54 PM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by ItzFilyO
Sick21 u just need some Kate Upton in ur life and all these problems will disappear...
I, uh, just don't even know what to say 'bout that.

Good Lord - that thread about you and Kate Upton has almost 56,000 views!
Old 01-29-15, 06:14 PM
sick21
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Yeah whoooops I didn't mean pooping lololol popping! I am going to make an appt to take my car in sometime the end of next week.

And yeah I could use some Kate in my life things have been rocky at home.
Old 01-29-15, 07:07 PM
dseag2
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

BC, we can always count on you for comic relief! That "pooping" must smell like Mr. Hankey sitting in the passenger seat.
Attached Thumbnails My Issues Thus Far-mr-hankey-mrhankey-10743602-1379-2100.jpg  
Old 01-29-15, 07:30 PM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by dseag2
BC, we can always count on you for comic relief! That "pooping" must smell like Mr. Hankey sitting in the passenger seat.
Old 01-29-15, 07:32 PM
Gen2IS26
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I've had mine since July and already have a bunch of little nicks on the front bumper. Paint must be really cheap. My rear suspension squeaks when I get out of the car. I hear this loud metal clapping sound when I go from park to reverse (I think I read on here that that noise is the parking break).
Old 01-29-15, 07:34 PM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Gen2IS26
I've had mine since July and already have a bunch of little nicks on the front bumper. Paint must be really cheap. My rear suspension squeaks when I get out of the car. I hear this loud metal clapping sound when I go from park to reverse (I think I read on here that that noise is the parking break).
I have tons of nicks and some peeling on my front bumper too and some on my windshield! Damn dirty Cali roads! Paint is kinda weak on the bumper.

The rear squeak ur hearing is actually the parking brake settling in, not the springs.
Old 01-29-15, 07:35 PM
AL13NV8D3R
Instructor

Received 33 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by sick21
Update!!! Haven't been to the dealer yet to have the above issues addressed but that's ok because I'm here to list a few more new issues.

1.) Since my sunroof has been repaired at my last dealer visit, the roof in the rear of my car has started creaking/pooping when taking off from a complete stop. At first I thought it was the child seats in the back but it's became severe and very clear.

2.) When coming to a stop, almost stopped, the car vibrates roughly. Annoying. A few passengers have commented "it feels like the car is going to die, isn't this a new car?!"

3.) As of late, I have noticed in the morning when I start the car, it's smoking blue smoke and smells rich. Chevron 91octane or shell 91. Doesn't get any better than that here so I'm assuming it's not the gas.

4.) Yay my brakes scream at me now! That's fantastic!! And embarrassing. One passenger noted "what the **** are your brakes worn out already?!" Hmm they're not, at 6,500 miles but it sure sounds like metal on metal. Sweet!

5.) Some of my tint bubbled. Not my cars fault but still chapped my *** when I saw it. Easy fix.

So as you all can imagine, I drive a very expensive car. Anyone who rides in it, they drive a huge expensive truck. They believe cars should be cheap. The fact that I bought (leased, but that doesn't really matter) such an expensive car, is beyond them especially since it's such a piece of ****. My car is becoming an embarrassment anytime someone rides with me. My dealer is about 3 1/2 hours away. I went with Lexus not expecting to have this many issues at 6,500 miles. Oh well, it happens unfortunately. I'm just ranting
Apparantly you and a few other forum members were the ones who got the car built on a Monday or Friday. Most people on this forum including myself got the perfect example of Lexus perfection. My GS has ZERO issues and Zero rattles and non existent wind noise and my car is already 18,000 mile on the odo. You must be that lucky 1 out of 200,000 people to get a lemon. Serioulsy no car manufactuer can build consistantly every single car 100% problem free. If you think Lexus bad you should check out what people have to say about BMWs. Id say Lexus is better about building cars with zero issues. I bet if you traded in your GS for another GS you might get lucky enough to get one just as problem free as mines.
My cousin drives an Audi A8 and even he is impressed with my car. And every one i ever took for a ride in my GS has all given me positive complements. Heck my other cousin owns a 2013 Lexus GS fsport and its when I took a ride in his car that impressed me so much i decided to sell my Lexus LS and buy a 2014 New GS. Yes the GS is s good I went from Lexus flagship and into its mid level offering.
Old 01-29-15, 07:53 PM
PirelliRC
Lead Lap

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

I have 6k miles and the brakes are squeaking, i was planning on skipping the 5k mile service but i made an appt. for Saturday. Let them check it out, but ill be sure to post a DO NOT WASH!!! label on the dash.
Old 01-29-15, 09:09 PM
sick21
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I'm definitely not bashing lexus as a brand, it happens. I mean I'm one car out of a ton, they can't all be perfect. I would still buy another lexus without hesitating. Just sucks because I do love my car and don't want to see it have any issues. I'm sure all the kinks will get worked out of it, I really can't complain until after I give the dealer a chance to fix it. I took my car to a new carwash (yeah it's a touch one) and it scratched the **** out of my car all down the side. So it will be going to my detail guy. The paint is soft for sure!!
Old 01-29-15, 09:52 PM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Touchless car washes for me. It's either my paint get scratched or my wheel and tire get sliced by the rails.
Old 01-30-15, 06:27 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,519 Likes on 1,817 Posts

If you don't want rock chips, you've got to get a clearbra...
Old 01-30-15, 07:25 AM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by SW13GS
If you don't want rock chips, you've got to get a clearbra...
Or bubble wrap it and just park the car in my bedroom in a glass case.

Quick Reply: My Issues Thus Far