GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Can't get the enform remote to start my car

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-15, 07:50 PM
kmm
Pole Position

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Can't get the enform remote to start my car

I bought the 2015 F Sport in mid November-have tried to start the car remotely a dozen or so times and it has never worked. The car keeps e mailing me (lame) excuses why it won't start.

Is it just me and I need to go to the dealer or is this a common issue?
Old 01-01-15, 11:52 PM
djkidd
Pit Crew

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I use mine every so often and it works for the most part as long as I have a decent cell signal. I've read that if you try to uninstall the app on your phone and then reinstall it. Otherwise, head the dealership and see what they can do. Good luck!
Old 01-02-15, 01:21 AM
kornpeef
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

take it to the dealership. there should be a technology tech guy that only deals with these types of issues. well at least there was one at the last lexus shop i worked at. As far as enform I believe you might r have an account set up problem. in order for you to start ur car with your phone you car must have an account open so that it may receive data kind of like onstar.

Last edited by kornpeef; 01-02-15 at 01:28 AM.
Old 01-02-15, 07:31 AM
kmm
Pole Position

Originally Posted by djkidd
I use mine every so often and it works for the most part as long as I have a decent cell signal. I've read that if you try to uninstall the app on your phone and then reinstall it. Otherwise, head the dealership and see what they can do. Good luck!
Thanks, I have only tried to remotely start the vehicle at home where the cell signal is spotty.

I will try it away from the house, with a better cell signal, and see if the remote start will work.
Old 01-02-15, 07:36 AM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,046 Likes on 661 Posts

So the car and ur phone connect through cell signal, am I right?
Old 01-02-15, 07:58 AM
kmm
Pole Position

Yes, but the cell signal is intermittent depending on where I am located in the house-that is why I keep landlines at home.
Old 01-02-15, 08:02 AM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

I see. So u can basically start ur car from anywhere as long as u have cell service?
Old 01-02-15, 08:06 AM
kmm
Pole Position

We are going to test the theory that "strong and consistent cell service" will enable me to remotely start the car.

Going out for lunch and will take the GS-will try to start the car from my lunch booth
Old 01-02-15, 08:25 AM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

If it works like that than that means I can start my car from NY as long as I have good cell service, while the car is in CA.
Old 01-02-15, 09:25 AM
MEAHT
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

How can I start the car with the phone but have it stay on when I open the door?
Old 01-02-15, 09:53 AM
dchar
Lexus Champion

Received 223 Likes on 178 Posts

Originally Posted by MEAHT
How can I start the car with the phone but have it stay on when I open the door?
You can't. It's a safety feature they built in to the car.

I think Lexus should change the system to where if the key is in proximity of the car, it stays on when person opens door. The tech is there, Lexus just needs to do a software thing.
Old 01-02-15, 10:09 AM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Can u shut off ur car remotely from the app too? Like if ur car got hijacked and they throw u out, can u shut it off while the car is driving away?
Old 01-02-15, 10:18 AM
kmm
Pole Position

Originally Posted by ItzFilyO
If it works like that than that means I can start my car from NY as long as I have good cell service, while the car is in CA.
If you were a decent human being and a good hacker you would offer to start the car for me
Old 01-02-15, 10:19 AM
kinglexus99
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by ItzFilyO
Technically, yes. You can also lock or unlock the doors and check the vehicle status from NY if the car is in CA. You wouldn't be able to shut it off if someone is driving it with the key though. The key overrides the enform system.

I park my car in the 3 story underground garage. My apartment is 3 floors above that and I can still start the car w/ the enform app. The only time the app won't work is if you don't have cell reception to send the commands to the car. It's pretty nifty but not very useful in CA (we don't have the harsh climate where it would be more useful IMO).
Old 01-02-15, 10:23 AM
kmm
Pole Position

I can do everything but start the car with the enfom remote. I think the cell signal needs to be strong and consistent.

EDIT: sometimes the doors cannot be locked or unlocked by the enfom remote. I think it is because of mumerous dead zones in my house that interrupt the cell signal.

Quick Reply: Can't get the enform remote to start my car