GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Can't get the enform remote to start my car

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-15, 10:25 AM
kinglexus99
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by kmm
I can do everything but start the car with the enfom remote. I think the cell signal needs to be strong and consistent.
Hit the SOS button and talk to a rep. It seems odd that all the other functions work but the start doesn't. That doesn't make sense. They either all work, or they all don't based on my exp.
Old 01-02-15, 10:28 AM
kmm
Pole Position

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by nixx621
Hit the SOS button and talk to a rep. It seems odd that all the other functions work but the start doesn't. That doesn't make sense. They either all work, or they all don't based on my exp.
I edited my post above to say the door lock/unlock is intermittent-based on the cell signal going in and out is my guess.
Old 01-02-15, 10:31 AM
Crispy
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kmm
I edited my post above to say the door lock/unlock is intermittent-based on the cell signal going in and out is my guess.
The remote start should also be intermittent if poor cell signal was the cause. If you have never been able to remote start, but can intermittently lock/unlock doors you will most likely have to take it in to be checked out.
Old 01-02-15, 10:45 AM
kmm
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Crispy
The remote start should also be intermittent if poor cell signal was the cause. If you have never been able to remote start, but can intermittently lock/unlock doors you will most likely have to take it in to be checked out.
Sometimes while trying to use the enfom remote to start the car, the GS will make a loud click sound similar a noise a car makes when the battery charge is way down and not strong enough to start the car. An e mail is sent to me saying the battery is low on charge.

So, I called the dealer and he thought the enfom remote start feature times out after 48 hours of the vehicle not being used. Doesn't make sense, but tested the theory.

Started the car with the key-car fired right up as expected because the battery is fully charged.

Shut the car off and tried to start it with the enfom remote. I no longer got a low battery warning but instead received a menu of 10 possible reasons why the car couldn't be startted.

Occasionally one cause mentions cell signal strength.

I will just need to try the remote start function when I have a known good cell signal.
Old 01-02-15, 04:03 PM
kmm
Pole Position

SUCCESS!

Went out to lunch in an area with better cell reception. Even though the iPhone still only showed 3 out of 5 bars, the signal must be somehow better as the car started with the enfom remote.

Having the car stop when the doors are opened is strange though.

...another chore off the Lexus bucket list...

Last edited by kmm; 01-02-15 at 05:51 PM.
Old 01-02-15, 04:58 PM
duraiaras
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kmm
I bought the 2015 F Sport in mid November-have tried to start the car remotely a dozen or so times and it has never worked. The car keeps e mailing me (lame) excuses why it won't start.

Is it just me and I need to go to the dealer or is this a common issue?
I have the same issue. I bought a 2015 F Sport on Dec 5th and can't use the Enform remote to Start the engine but I use all other features. The message is "because the charge level of the vehicle's battery was too low". Took to the dealer and the tech guy said Lexus have a software bug and a fix is coming in End of Jan/Middle of Feb 2015. Just to make sure if that's right I called the Lexus CS at 1-800-255-3987 and first that CS was trying to resolve it and after a hold she came back and said that there's an issue with the system and fix will be available during end of Jan or sometime in Feb. This confirmed what dealer told me. I'll will be checking back in last week of Jan with the dealer.
Old 01-02-15, 11:13 PM
djkidd
Pit Crew

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Looks like I've been MIA a bit on this topic. Just to clarify my original statement, the cell signal is because internet data is needed to perform these operations...for both phone and car. Therefore, if your phone is on wifi and your car is in an area with decent cell signal, it should work fine. If your car is in shaky cell reception area (i.e. car garage, etc.) and you still have good wifi, you may have issues. If I'm not mistaken, the car runs on 3G data and therefore the data processes slower (hence the wait time that the app shows).

I've done this in areas where my wifi is pretty slow and my phone cell reception is bad and that's when I've generally had issues.

@duraiaras: Is the update a car update or an app update?
Old 01-03-15, 08:33 AM
duraiaras
Rookie

Originally Posted by djkidd
Looks like I've been MIA a bit on this topic. Just to clarify my original statement, the cell signal is because internet data is needed to perform these operations...for both phone and car. Therefore, if your phone is on wifi and your car is in an area with decent cell signal, it should work fine. If your car is in shaky cell reception area (i.e. car garage, etc.) and you still have good wifi, you may have issues. If I'm not mistaken, the car runs on 3G data and therefore the data processes slower (hence the wait time that the app shows).

I've done this in areas where my wifi is pretty slow and my phone cell reception is bad and that's when I've generally had issues.

@duraiaras: Is the update a car update or an app update?
The CS told me when the dealer calls I'll need to take my car in. So I believe it's a car update. Will have to wait and see.

Also, I have tried mine with good wi-fi and cell signal on my phone and the car being at different places around the suburbs and the remote start never worked. All I hear is a click noise for 1 second with flashing turn lights about 3 seconds and nothing.
Old 01-03-15, 08:54 AM
Laostuh
Driver School Candidate

newb question.. how do i get enform on my 15 f sport? is it standard? and what app do i need to download for my phone to do these things lol
Old 01-03-15, 09:08 AM
MEAHT
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Go to app store and search for enform, should be 2 apps. Will ask u to scan your vin barcode, which you can see when you open the drivers side door.

Dont get too excited though, these 2 will be the 2 worst apps on your phone .

Purchased the car a week ago and still cant get the lexus enform app suite to accept my car, and like many other here and all over the web, the car wouldnt start with the remote (although it now finally does).
First time it worked, you're standing there smiling, as you walk up to it, open the door and what happens? CAR TURNS OFF.
That smile turns upside down real quick.
Good Luck

Last edited by MEAHT; 01-03-15 at 09:55 AM.
Old 01-03-15, 09:37 AM
dchar
Lexus Champion

Received 230 Likes on 181 Posts

Originally Posted by MEAHT
Go to app store and search for enform, should be 2 apps. Will ask u to scan your vin barcode, which you can see when you open the drivers side door.

Dont get too excited though, these 2 will be the 2 worst apps on your phone . Purchased the car a week ago and still cant get the lexus enform app suite to accept my car.
Good Luck
That's weird...the Enform app suite should be easier to setup. Mine has been working flawlessly on my 2015. Might want to go in to have the dealer help you. I had a little trouble setting up the remote, but after a couple weeks of help from technical support, I got it to work. Now it works all the time.
Old 01-03-15, 04:54 PM
djkidd
Pit Crew

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

So I took a video of the remote start working. I have a strong WiFi connection but LTE is pretty bad. However, I believe the car runs on 3G which is pretty decent in my area.

Old 01-04-15, 07:52 AM
duraiaras
Rookie

After reading that some of you having 2015 GS was able to remote start I was curious again to try it on.. disregarding what the dealer and Lexus CS told me in the past. I called CS again and they said the settings need to be reset and asked me to call SOS to resend the Authorization code which they did. Still didn't work. I called CS again this Morning and this time they told me take it to the dealer and change the battery and it should work. I have already been to dealer couple times. It appears every time I call I can expect to hear different versions. However, if you check the iTunes site https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/lexu...863424094?mt=8 click ...More and read this section "REMOTE ENGINE START & STOP:". It does say some users may receive the low battery message. I might be one of the users I guess and may need to wait for the fix.
Old 01-04-15, 02:03 PM
Lexus1998
Pit Crew

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

I am having the same issue on my ES350-15. I don't know if you guys know this but you can also start the car with key fob for 2015 without anything extra besides nav however that is also failing, so that proves cell phone reception or app has nothing to do with it. All you do is double click the lock button on second click hold it down and the car will try to start. If you look in ES forums your see the posts.. I was surprised too that that key fob has that feature as dealer failed to tell me.
Old 01-04-15, 04:19 PM
duraiaras
Rookie

Originally Posted by Lexus1998
I am having the same issue on my ES350-15. I don't know if you guys know this but you can also start the car with key fob for 2015 without anything extra besides nav however that is also failing, so that proves cell phone reception or app has nothing to do with it. All you do is double click the lock button on second click hold it down and the car will try to start. If you look in ES forums your see the posts.. I was surprised too that that key fob has that feature as dealer failed to tell me.
Awesome @Lexus1998. I didn't know about this key fob feature. I tried the key fob and it did try to start though just like the enform remote. Just heard that crank noise for a second and then nothing. So it appears there's some bug and might need to wait.

Quick Reply: Can't get the enform remote to start my car