GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

So, Who are YOU?

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-14, 07:00 PM
Kennister
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

32, married, 3 year old kid... Delivery Management (the IT kind ) in global consulting.

Read a number of the previous posts and I can't lie, I'm pretty surprised that the demographic of owners is a lot younger than I imagined.
Old 12-29-14, 07:18 PM
dseag2
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by ZbynekZ
First European
I'm 35 years old and living in Prague which is capital of Czech Republic in the heart of Europe. Married with two children.

I'm a co-owner of company which is into HR security, business intelligence, fraud detection and voice analysis.

I can tell I'm a petrolhead from my childhood. I like everything which is motorized After ownership of several european brands like Skoda, Citroen or Rover I jumped into japanese cars and now I am having 4th Lexus and Nissan 350Z. My wife is having Toyota Auris wagon. I was never into german cars beacuse here in Europe it's like a tampon. Every p--sy has one Last summer I sold my Aprilia RSV4 superbike which was really awesome piece of Italian engeneering. But as I am getting older my blood boiling level is decreasing

I'm also ice-hockey and NFL fan

Anyway if anybode of you would like to come to see this, you are everytime welcomed!
You have a beautiful city! Let me pay off my GS first and I will make the airline arrangements! Also, congratulations on your Japanese stable!
Old 12-30-14, 07:30 AM
sick21
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Kennister
Read a number of the previous posts and I can't lie, I'm pretty surprised that the demographic of owners is a lot younger than I imagined.
YES!!!!!!!!!! This ain't yo Grandpappy's car son
Old 12-30-14, 07:39 AM
praetor
Racer

Received 132 Likes on 92 Posts

Originally Posted by Kennister
Probably because it's an Internet forum. The oldies aren't too keen on Internet forums. LOL
Old 12-30-14, 09:26 AM
99alta
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by sick21
YES!!!!!!!!!! This ain't yo Grandpappy's car son
Most of us are too busy driving around in our fine vehicles, carving up the roads to be interested in these new fangled forum thingies

Or stuck in the garage trying to find a spot to put the key in lol

All one has to do is see all the IT people that posted in this thread, what else have they got to do but frequent forums while they wait for backups to complete

Trust me there are more of us Baby Boomers driving GS's and LS's than this thread would lead you to believe
Old 12-30-14, 01:43 PM
Crispy
Pole Position

Originally Posted by 99alta
All one has to do is see all the IT people that posted in this thread, what else have they got to do but frequent forums while they wait for backups to complete
Oh crap! They're on to us...
Old 12-30-14, 08:09 PM
dseag2
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by 99alta
Most of us are too busy driving around in our fine vehicles, carving up the roads to be interested in these new fangled forum thingies

Or stuck in the garage trying to find a spot to put the key in lol

Trust me there are more of us Baby Boomers driving GS's and LS's than this thread would lead you to believe
No kidding. I'm surprised they even OWN cars since the interweb will take them anywhere they want to go. JK, you guys are our future.
Old 12-31-14, 11:34 AM
blacksun
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

This is one one of the most interesting threads in the 4GS section. I love this!

Male / Late 30's / Married / One child / IT Consultant
Old 12-31-14, 12:02 PM
Soap
Pole Position

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Will turn 37 on Jan 4th, 2 kids, married, network & communications architect for a major healthcare provider in Texas. Waiting to see what the refresh looks like before purchasing a new GS
Old 12-31-14, 12:27 PM
blacksun
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

What's surprised me the most are the number of IT folks here.

It's probably the skeptic in me, but I honestly figured this place was filled with individuals with careers within the automotive community. Either as a part of a Lexus corporate function (social media, PR, online advertising, etc.) or independently (franchised dealerships sales, tuning shops or aftermarket parts and accessories) that are championing the cars they sell and/or the products and services they offer for our cars. Nothing wrong w/ it just assuming that's what was going on.

Or maybe those people just haven't commented in this thread yet. (Yes, I'm still a skeptic. )
Old 12-31-14, 01:33 PM
Soap
Pole Position

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by blacksun
What's surprised me the most are the number of IT folks here.

It's probably the skeptic in me, but I honestly figured this place was filled with individuals with careers within the automotive community. Either as a part of a Lexus corporate function (social media, PR, online advertising, etc.) or independently (franchised dealerships sales, tuning shops or aftermarket parts and accessories) that are championing the cars they sell and/or the products and services they offer for our cars. Nothing wrong w/ it just assuming that's what was going on.

Or maybe those people just haven't commented in this thread yet. (Yes, I'm still a skeptic. )
It really does seem like everyone is in IT nowadays....
Old 12-31-14, 01:36 PM
Trek
Pole Position

Originally Posted by ZbynekZ
First European
I'm 35 years old and living in Prague which is capital of Czech Republic in the heart of Europe. Married with two children.

I'm a co-owner of company which is into HR security, business intelligence, fraud detection and voice analysis.

I can tell I'm a petrolhead from my childhood. I like everything which is motorized After ownership of several european brands like Skoda, Citroen or Rover I jumped into japanese cars and now I am having 4th Lexus and Nissan 350Z. My wife is having Toyota Auris wagon. I was never into german cars beacuse here in Europe it's like a tampon. Every p--sy has one Last summer I sold my Aprilia RSV4 superbike which was really awesome piece of Italian engeneering. But as I am getting older my blood boiling level is decreasing

I'm also ice-hockey and NFL fan

Anyway if anybode of you would like to come to see this, you are everytime welcomed!
ZbynekZ,

Dude, is that your house? Count me in. I've traveled to almost every continent. Had a chance to go to Czech Republic but passed it up. Now that I know someone there, I'll put CR on my 2015 business trip itinerary.
Old 12-31-14, 08:51 PM
dseag2
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Trek
ZbynekZ,

Dude, is that your house? Count me in. I've traveled to almost every continent. Had a chance to go to Czech Republic but passed it up. Now that I know someone there, I'll put CR on my 2015 business trip itinerary.
That is the Prague Castle, so unless he is or is related to the President of the Czech Republic I suggest you book a hotel room.
Attached Thumbnails So, Who are YOU?-prague-castle.jpg  
Old 12-31-14, 09:41 PM
NewSpace
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

40 y.o. engineer (now BD), married w/3 young children. Where are all my fellow aerospace industry people hanging out?

Happy New Year!
Old 01-01-15, 12:37 AM
shookatash
Rookie

34 years old married with a 4 month old. Sales guy for a software storage startup. I cant say i am surprised about the backgrounds here. I came from a '11 s4 and the make up is quite similar. I guess we are all in the similar spot of being able to afford toys in this range.

Quick Reply: So, Who are YOU?