GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

So, Who are YOU?

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-14, 06:47 PM
flippd
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

32 doctor 2013 Premium AWD. Unmarried with long-term girlfriend (who for the life of me I can't convince to upgrade her car as "there's no point"). Coming from a beater compact car through med school and residency, I honestly didn't feel the difference between Fsport and Premium when I drove the two, nor the difference between the Luxury and Premium seats, so I saved some $$$. Maybe now that I'm getting used to a nice car it'll be more evident the next time I go car shopping. Interestingly, I've rarely seen any GS's around here in the streets, but there are 4 regularly in our hospital MD parking area (one belongs to another low-30ish colleague, and the other 2 early 50 colleagues).
Old 12-24-14, 07:07 PM
dseag2
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

I'm in my 50's, live with my partner of 23 years, have no mortgage but still like to keep my car payments low so I don't need anything more expensive than the GS. I'm a VP of Sales for a cruise line so I've had the good fortune to see the world. I work from home and only commute to the airport when I'm traveling (which is quite frequently). I need a car that is fun around town but smooth on the highway to the airport, and has lots of luggage space.

I've been on the forum since 2003, when I purchased an '03 SC430. Ironically, I had house payments back then. I also used to trade cars every year (sometimes after 8 months) because I was commuting and quickly got tired of the car. Not only is the GS a car that continually satisfies me, I guess I've just become more fiscally responsible as I've gotten older.

I'm not a tech guy. I'm on the forum because I'm a car guy (when I was a kid my dad used to take me to every dealership when the new models came out) and I appreciate the comaraderie and helpful input in this forum. Just because I'm older doesn't mean I don't mod my cars. My SC430 had OZ wheels and a body kit and my GS Sportdesign had L-tuned shocks and side skirts and BBR Diamond Black wheels. I've left this one stock because, IMHO, there's not much it needs.

Last edited by dseag2; 12-24-14 at 07:10 PM.
Old 12-24-14, 08:04 PM
Gen2IS26
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm a 33 year old Scheduling Supervisor and a part time student. I ventured over to Lexus two years from the Honda Tuner world. I leased a 2012 IS250 two years ago and just recently upgraded to a 2014 GS. Absolutely love the car and the service I have received from my local dealership.
Old 12-24-14, 08:19 PM
jkeller
Advanced

Received 74 Likes on 60 Posts

Early 50's, married two grown kids, work for the railroad. When I was a kid my old man had a lot of Chryslers and Dodges. His pride and joy was a 69 Charger. Super cool to look at, but reliability wise a hunk of junk. When I was in high school he bought a 80 Toyota Corona. It was an eye opener for both of us. It always started the first time no matter if the weather was hot or cold, the AC blew cold , the heater blew hot.That charger was the only car I've ever seen that could over heat in the middle of winter, and yet the heater didn't heat worth a damn. My old man is still doing well and has never owned another Chrysler/Dodge to this day. In fact he is on his 3rd Lexus ES.
Old 12-24-14, 09:39 PM
islandbeef
Racer

Received 62 Likes on 38 Posts

Before the Lexus brand arrived in the US, I had a deep appreciation for the Toyota Cressida while in love with the powerful Supra. With the GS F-Sport, we get a combination of both in one car.
Old 12-24-14, 10:19 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,519 Likes on 1,817 Posts

I'm 33 and a real estate broker. Married with twins on the way

Been a Lexus owner for many years, as my father was before me.
Old 12-24-14, 10:59 PM
sam430
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by praetor
Fewer and fewer, educated career minded people are having kids these days. They are too damn expensive. LOL

My older brother had one when he was 30ish and he was done. Even with just one niece, I was going broke spoiling her. LOL
I need to be on welfare in order to afford to pass my gene forward. Anyhow, 37, IT, single.
Old 12-25-14, 12:55 AM
TonyCarson
Rookie

27years old, engaged (together for 7 years),no kids, we both work as Registered Nurses. We actually were looking to buy a new Z4 or M3, as I am into tracking my cars and driving them hard, but as I did a ton of research I found the 4GS very appealing.

As my fiance commutes to her hospital for work, I felt the reliability and comfort of the GS was untouched after comparing to the competition.

I do enjoy driving my Twin Turbo 300zx much more than the Lexus, but what the Lexus does, it does extremely well.

Last edited by TonyCarson; 12-25-14 at 06:23 AM.
Old 12-25-14, 04:54 AM
pacmanmmgs
Driver School Candidate

42, married with 3 kids, teacher.
Went from 3 series to C class, to 06 GS 300 to 4th gen GS 350 luxury. Wife drives a Honda Pilot.
No more than 1 kid in my GS at a time. That's all my patience can take.
Crossed shopped E, 5 series, and Jaguar XF. Chose the best of the bunch.
Old 12-25-14, 05:06 AM
JTMav
Intermediate

Well I am the geezer in the group, 63 years old. Financial Advisor for 34 years and this is my 4th Lexus, had two SC430s and my wife of 37 years drove an ES 350, she now drives a Prius. I have owned too many cars to remember, Japanese, Swedish, English, American but nothing beats the quality of Lexus. I love my 2013 GS.
Raised three sons now all out of the house, great time of life. Great thread as well.
Merry Christmas to you all.
JTMav
Old 12-25-14, 08:41 AM
sick21
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by pacmanmmgs
42, married with 3 kids, teacher. Went from 3 series to C class, to 06 GS 300 to 4th gen GS 350 luxury. Wife drives a Honda Pilot. No more than 1 kid in my GS at a time. That's all my patience can take. Crossed shopped E, 5 series, and Jaguar XF. Chose the best of the bunch.
Wait what?! You have 3 kids..... And you're a teacher. But you can only handle one kid in your car at a time due to your patience? I find that hilarious!!! Where do you teach to even make enough money for a decent car and 3 kids?
Old 12-25-14, 08:55 AM
emak
Driver School Candidate

Default who am i?

37, single, truck driver from NYC and this is my first gs, im soo in love with it, what motivated me to get one was my friend that have one, you know usually you would test drive a car vefore you choose, but in my case, once my mind is made up thats it!
Old 12-25-14, 09:08 AM
1nOnlyGSF
Rookie

I'm 29 recently became a Nurse Practitioner, married with a 4 week new born. I drove toyota's before lexus and always like the GS ever since the 3rd Gen came out. One day i was going to school with my friend and he has 2007 GS 350, he asked me to drive it, because he had to prepare for presentation. The bug beat me to have a lexus, i start looking into trying to get a lexus and opportunity came around that i could not pass on. I had 2014 Toyota 4Runner Limited for a month trade that in and my payments is cheaper for Lexus GS350 F sport then for 4runner which cost cheaper then lexus. Love every moment of driving the GS.
Old 12-25-14, 09:12 AM
islandbeef
Racer

Received 62 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by sick21
Wait what?! You have 3 kids..... And you're a teacher. But you can only handle one kid in your car at a time due to your patience? I find that hilarious!!! Where do you teach to even make enough money for a decent car and 3 kids?
Ever heard of a dual income household? My wife's a teacher, teaching 21 years in the San Diego Unified School district. With her tenure, her pay is pretty decent even for us to afford to live in San Diego, which isn't cheap.

And we don't live in the hood, either.
Old 12-25-14, 09:33 AM
sick21
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by islandbeef
Ever heard of a dual income household?
No smart *** guess I haven't in all honesty I'm not use to dual income. Didn't grow up around it and don't know many couples or working grown women actually that have careers. My wife and I are the only ones that we know basically that both have a job. Small town stuff I guess. So it didn't even dawn on me before I had asked.

Quick Reply: So, Who are YOU?