GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

So, Who are YOU?

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-14, 12:54 PM
kmmcgra
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

56 year old Database Engineer living in the mountainous and curvy roads of NW Arkansas. No kids and married. This is my 4th Lexus. I also ride a Harley Street Glide and the wife drives a 350Z. So we are covered with fast and fun to drive vehicles. We love to go fast and hug the road. The GS in sport + is awesome for this. My wife hated the 13 ES but loves the 14 GS.
Old 12-24-14, 12:56 PM
Laostuh
Driver School Candidate

23 years young here. Sales @ Nissan in Buena Park, CA ( Orange County ) by Knotts come see me for the best deals on Nissans in California! Anyways lol.. I was originally going to get the Q50S because I get a stupid deal for being a Nissan employee we get VPP (vehicle purchase program) which amounts to ridiculous discounts.. Decided against it because of the infotainment issues the Q50 currently has.. I wanted the GS F Sport before I got my '13 Maxima just thought I couldnt afford it. Well here I am 1 year and half later and drove off a new 15 Lexus F Sport from Longo Lexus in El Monte thanks to Gabriel and Jason Chae! Smooth easy transaction. Deal was pre negotiated only problem was finding the car and I got the last Ultra White w/ Black Interior they had in stock ..

No kids / not married (yet) my girlfriend is an assistant manager for retail clothing company Aeropostale
She pays for my Maxima and I pay for the Lexus (which we originally bought for her but its mine lowkey LOL)
Old 12-24-14, 01:03 PM
puckhead85
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

29 now. Single. Work in sports broadcasting. Coming from a 2004 ES. Wanted a lexus for the reliability etc. but wanted something this time more sporty/"young looking" . The ES is a great car but i don't think anyone under 45 drives one The IS is way to small for an avg. guy to fit into. The GS fit the bill. Decided on the Lux package instead of the F sport as I didn't feel with what I was losing on the F sport package was worth it. ( Also on the 13 DSM wasn't a color choice and I love the blue! )
Old 12-24-14, 01:29 PM
MH6
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Lol ..... IT ...Network Engineer ... 51 years young
Happily married for 30 years, no kids, 2 Bengal cats and Papillion dog.
Wife has an Lexus SC430 and have driven Toyota's most of our life. Lexus came a little later in life and have been driving them now for 10 years, plan to always have a if possible.
We love our Luxury GS350
Old 12-24-14, 02:13 PM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,046 Likes on 661 Posts

We should do a poll on how many IT in here!
Old 12-24-14, 02:21 PM
Voogru
Driver

Received 21 Likes on 9 Posts

28, self-employed IT (yeah, another one).

Best part about being self-employed IT is I don't have to worry about having the deal with other less experienced IT's, though I am usually cleaning up after them when they epic fail hardcore.

"So you bought them a system for network backups, never set it up, and now they got screwed with Cryptolocker?"
Old 12-24-14, 02:40 PM
rebornkhj
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wow so many IT! Lots of smart people with money hehe

28, restaurant owner, married
I considered E350, 535i, 435i, m4, A7 as well but decided to get GS350 FSport instead.
Reliability was the most important aspect.
Old 12-24-14, 03:11 PM
wgu8213
Rookie

IT consultant here (!), bought the GS when I was 24. I was considering the IS and ATS but the GS blew me away. The minute I sunk into those Luxury package seats, i was sold.

No kids, not married but not single. Not planning on having kids for another 10 years but looking at a home in 2-3 years. I didn't think I'd want a midsize but I'm glad I made the jump. My last car was a 2008 Honda Civic coupe so it's a big jump up!

We were actually looking for a car for my boyfriend. I had no intention of trading in my completely paid off Civic especially because I travel so often but I could not get past how fun the IS350 was to drive. I ended up going with Lexus and he ended up at Cadillac. Our friends like to say we have two "old man" cars now

Last edited by wgu8213; 12-24-14 at 03:45 PM.
Old 12-24-14, 03:49 PM
JEFFOS69
Pole Position

Early 30s engaged.

Director of marketing for a big company.

Picked the Lexus because what it offered and at the same time was reliable. Also not many people have them.

I had a modded is350 before. The GS does need more power through.

Currently toying with the idea of getting rid of the GS for a car I will mess with more and have fun in the summer months (new corvette or 2015 mustang gt performance package) and picking up a basic car for the winter months. Not sure yet. The GS is a great daily driver.
Old 12-24-14, 04:06 PM
kevings03
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

37. Married for 4 years and we just started working on trying to have kids. I'm in a Senior Director role for US Bank, managing ISO relationships ( probably will only make sense to those in the industry ).

Just got into my 2015 FSport about a month ago. Also have a 1995 Jeep Wrangler thats Black and built up, and gets just as many compliments as the Lexus, and more on some days, because the black paint on it looks better than most black vehicles including those that are new / relatively new.

OP, great idea for a thread. It's always good to know the person behind the handle/avatar.

Last edited by kevings03; 12-24-14 at 08:23 PM.
Old 12-24-14, 04:46 PM
islandbeef
Racer

Received 62 Likes on 38 Posts

I worked with a lot of good folks in IT when I worked in the video game industry. I learned a few tricks of the trade, kept my own PC workstations in peak order and talked shop quite a bit. If I took my 486DX-33 apart and played with the config.sys a little bit more, I'd probably be in IT myself.
Old 12-24-14, 04:47 PM
Allen K
-0----0-

Received 584 Likes on 403 Posts

28, married with a bun in the oven Work supply chain for a major pharma company. Upgraded from my IS after skating by last winter. That car worked well in CA, not so much in NJ. Only other car I was considering was the NX, but the interior on the GS was tough to say no to
Old 12-24-14, 05:41 PM
jjscsix
Racer

Received 69 Likes on 51 Posts

Well, I'm going to go against the grain. Even though the GS is my wife's car I'm gong to respond. I did pick the car, and I had a 2010 GS that was mine. I'm 62 years old and spent much of my career as a Global Account Manager in the electrical industry. I've been in a variety of sales and management positions. A year ago I went the other way as Director of Supplier Relations, but in the same business.

I've always been a huge car nut as well as other motor sports. I have three fast motorcycles as well right now. Most of y'all probably saw my thread recently comparing our three current cars....see sig.
Old 12-24-14, 06:06 PM
tnofam
Driver School Candidate

LOL 34 yrs old, IT Sysadmin. Married with baby on the way. Drove a 2011 Subaru WRX up until 2 weeks ago when I traded it in on a slightly used '13 GS with only 22k miles on it.

Drove a 97 ES 300 before the subie. Currently has 223k mile son it and still runs like a champ. Gave the car to my dad to drive when he's in town.

Needed a more family friendly car than the WRX with baby on the way so started looking at an ES but was presented with a great deal on the GS. I'm now screwed because I can never get anything else. That's how much i love this car.
Old 12-24-14, 06:16 PM
HiepNotik
Rookie

I'm 31, vietnamese, married with 5yo son. Wanted is but thought 2014 Lexus GS350 f-sport would be a better fit since I have a son. My wife and I own are tailor/seamstress. We owen a business doing alterations. I'm lucky I didn't choose the IS as it would be too small. I literally get people walking up to my car and staring inside, I park in front of my business.

Quick Reply: So, Who are YOU?