GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

So, Who are YOU?

Old 12-24-14, 08:33 AM
CleanStock
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default So, Who are YOU?

This may seem like a loaded question, but what I am asking is, what kind of person chooses a Lexus GS 350? How old are they? What do they do for a living? What kind of person is motivated to purchase a car we're all in agreement with, is a fantastic car? I searched for demographic information on the internet before purchasing and all I got was opinions and generalizations. I'll start:

I'm 33, married with no kids (just my wife's bad cat), work in IT as a systems administrator. I purchased a 2013 F sport because I wanted a luxury car but I didn't want a stuffy one. The other family car is a 2012 BMW 335i, which I love but I have to pull the seat all the way back to drive. I considered the Audi A6/A7 but after researching the long term maintenance, I decided against it. Turns out it was the best decision I could have made.

So, who are YOU?
Old 12-24-14, 08:49 AM
praetor
Racer

Received 132 Likes on 92 Posts

39 year old IT Systems Administrator, not married. I considered a 5 series BMW, A7 and E350 Benz. After driving a Camry all my life, I wanted something a bit more luxurious and with some decent pep. As much as I like the A7 and E350, I didn't want to deal with the maintenance so ended up with the GS FSport mostly for the interior comfort, looks and reliability.
Old 12-24-14, 09:02 AM
modthispny
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm 30, work at an Online Marketing Agency, not married.

I fell in love with the GS350 F-Sport when I saw one on the road for the firs time right when I came out, red on flaxen (still see the same car & drivers to this day).

The lease on my EVO X was coming up and I had to get a GS.

Now here I am with my 2nd GS350 F-Sport.
Old 12-24-14, 09:03 AM
tknx
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ex-doctor, ex-lawyer, and just recently left management consulting - currently looking at different jobs

I was sick of German "engineering" which is mediocre at best. And finally a Japanese car company came out with a sports sedan that was worthy. Now if they would just replicate the Boxster, life would be perfect.
Old 12-24-14, 09:07 AM
Johnny Rad
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I'm an air conditioned gypsy.

The Who
Old 12-24-14, 09:48 AM
Abermac
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

36, never married and no children. (who has time for all that anyway) 😂
I work for a Toyota manufacturing facility.

Best autos in the world, I've seen first hand. Enough said! 👍

Last edited by Abermac; 12-24-14 at 09:53 AM.
Old 12-24-14, 10:27 AM
Crispy
Pole Position

32, not married, no kids.

Corporate IT Manager (Funny how many IT professionals drive a GS apparently)

Bought it for dat spindle grille, yo!
Old 12-24-14, 10:30 AM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,046 Likes on 661 Posts

Asian guy with a Lexus here.

I'm 26, IT Tech Support for a Gov't agency, not married yet, still shopping around, but got a few on my radar, just not ready for that commitment yet. lol

I came from a Camry, always wanted a Lexus, especially the 4GS FSport ever since it came out. I was even willing to settle with an IS 250 FSport cause it kinda look alike but with less price tag. lol However, that didn't happened and I ended up with the car I wanted originally.
Old 12-24-14, 10:47 AM
CleanStock
Driver School Candidate

interesting how many people came from a Toyota Camry too...I had an 08' XLE V6 Camry that was my daily driver.
Old 12-24-14, 10:56 AM
wfibear
Pit Crew

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

+1 for IT folks!

I'm 30, work as a sysadmin, married, no kids (yet), just my two cats. I ended up with the GS F Sport after a rather problematic Audi A4. My family had always had Japanese cars (with few exceptions) and when I got my A4 a few years ago to replace my Civic, Lexus wasn't too interesting yet, nor were any Japanese luxury sedans (to me at least). Can't say I'll fall for German "engineering" again though. When I got sick of the problems with the Audi, I shopped the Infiniti Q50, Acura TL, IS 350 F Sport and the GS F Sport (of course) before landing in mine. When the spindle grille came out several years back I didn't like it but it's really grown on me and I love this car now. It's a great car; looks great, feels great, drives great, and underneath all the fancy it's gonna have that Toyota reliability. Now I want a GS F
Old 12-24-14, 10:57 AM
fsportjay
Pit Crew

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

33 year old, not married, In the IT field too (lol) this is a real trend here. Considered a 4/5 series, A6, E350, and Genesis but the Lexus drove a lot better and found the seats to fit me well since I'm tall. Fit and finish was on top too. Was surprised how un-Lexus like the GS drove. Not numb and mushy at all - Sport S+ is my preferred driving mode. The command and performance event piled with the conquest credit made the deal that much sweeter. Came from a 3 series coupe - loved driving it, but I got to know my service advisor real well. 5k miles on my F-sport, no problems so far. Did a road trip to Vegas in it and it was awesome! Probably will pick a other one up after I'm done with this one.
Old 12-24-14, 10:57 AM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,046 Likes on 661 Posts

Originally Posted by wfibear
+1 for IT folks!

I'm 30, work as a sysadmin, married, no kids (yet), just my two cats. I ended up with the GS F Sport after a rather problematic Audi A4. My family had always had Japanese cars (with few exceptions) and when I got my A4 a few years ago to replace my Civic, Lexus wasn't too interesting yet, nor were any Japanese luxury sedans (to me at least). Can't say I'll fall for German "engineering" again though. When I got sick of the problems with the Audi, I shopped the Infiniti Q50, Acura TL, IS 350 F Sport and the GS F Sport (of course) before landing in mine. When the spindle grille came out several years back I didn't like it but it's really grown on me and I love this car now. It's a great car; looks great, feels great, drives great, and underneath all the fancy it's gonna have that Toyota reliability. Now I want a GS F
I knew ur name had something to do with IT. WiFi Bear.
Old 12-24-14, 11:00 AM
wfibear
Pit Crew

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by ItzFilyO
I knew ur name had something to do with IT. WiFi Bear.
Haha! My first and middle initials are W F, I got a piece of mail one time that they wrote the middle as "Fi" It kinda stuck to me as a joke so I use it for my online handle in some places. I've had a few people online call me "wifi bear" so I should probably start spelling it that way
Old 12-24-14, 11:04 AM
islandbeef
Racer

Received 62 Likes on 38 Posts

45, 3D Multimedia Designer for a local Government Contractor, married with two kids.

I was driving BMW's & Land Rovers until the economic bubble burst. Then went back to Hondas/Acuras. Now times are getting better again, hence, I got a nicer car. The older I get, the less patience I have for things to break down after dropping a lot of money for it. My time is valuable too.
Old 12-24-14, 11:07 AM
LexRuger
Pole Position

Received 185 Likes on 117 Posts

I'm 28, no kids, not married.

I'm an office manager for a business that improves the lives of mentally disabled adults.

What attracted me to Lexus was the 2013 ES. After about a year of driving the ES, the GS started growing on me. Tried trading in with no luck so I gave up. And then a few months later, I got an e-mail from my dealer offering to trade up to a GS. The GS is the greatest car I've owned.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: So, Who are YOU?