GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

F-Sport seats super uncomfortable on trips

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-14, 11:25 AM
depechek
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Afrosheen
Cracked windshields aren't unusual around here regardless of the make/model of the car. We have a deadly cocktail of high speed highways, frequent/perpetual construction and snaky drivers that will take a foot if you give an inch. That will lead you to being uncomfortably close to a gravel or concrete truck, or just some buckshot truck up on a 12" lift kit, throwing mud and small rocks at anything within 100 feet.

I think windshield angle plays into it as well. The more reclined the angle, the less likely the glass will take a direct hit and absorb all the energy. Even in my very limited long range highway driving, in 1.5 years I've got two deep hood chips and a little "starring" on my windshield. I'm below Dallas average on mileage, and yet, here I am with rock chips.

At least it's not like my old car, where 3 days after buying it, a dumbass truck driver changed lanes in front of me, slinging a road gator from a blown tire (which was literally on the stripe between lanes) into my front bumper. The steel belts poked a row of holes about .5mm into the bumper paint. Never been so mad before, it was just careless on the driver's part and with traffic as tight as it was, I couldn't avoid it. /rant
Totally agreed on all accounts! I don't tail gate or drive in people's blind spots, thank you to my lessons riding a crotch-rocket in my younger and dumber years. Adding to all that you stated, is that everyone is texting/talking on phone while driving. Its no wonder how we just don't get into one massive car accident armageddon. Also, sup with people pulling wide and into your lane to make a turn????!!! You are not driving an 18 wheeler. And besides just pull a little later if you are turning and you won't hop the curb-who started this trend?!! . Don't take my lane when I am cruising at 40mph passing by you!! Okay off my soap box. Feel much better now rant. lol

Last edited by depechek; 12-16-14 at 01:33 PM.
Old 12-16-14, 11:29 AM
depechek
Driver

Originally Posted by AL13NV8D3R
Broken windshield from rogue rock sucks. I had my windshield replaced within one month of owning my car and i bought my car brand new too.

Make sure you tell your insurance company to replace OEM windshield with the LEXUS logo etched onto it. Your car is still new and it deserves better. Dont let the insurance company shove a OEM EQUIVALENT windshield down your throat. There are so many tech and advances built into our windshields the last thing you want is a problem with it.

I annoyed my insurance company with at least 5 phone calls until they gave in and approved a $2400 winshield replacement and all i paid was my $500 deductable.
Try 3 windshields, well now four, on three Lexi we haven't even own for a year yet. Not trying to make it a competition or anything. . Well one competition I don't mind losing. lol Yeah the windshield on the GS is a Lexus OEM glass replacement, only had it for a few months.
Old 12-16-14, 11:50 AM
1111GS

Received 89 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by SW13GS
The F Sport seat and the Luxury seat are basically the same seat, save for a few adjustments and better leather.
I thought I read something similar before. Yeah, GS' seats are comfortable. I took the GS on long trips before and we were both surprised how comfortable they are. IMO though, I prefer SUV for long trips.

Originally Posted by depechek
lol! Not to be racist, but I am Asian with a black man's *** as most of my girlfriends tell me. I am not overweight: 5:10 and 180ish (I fluctuate btwn 175-183). Maybe my F-Sport seats are defective? I'll take it on another roadtrip next weekend and play around with the settings more.
Are you sure they're not saying that because you drive a GS? Maybe you should thank the GS.
Old 12-16-14, 12:02 PM
depechek
Driver

Originally Posted by bnlexus
I thought I read something similar before. Yeah, GS' seats are comfortable. I took the GS on long trips before and we were both surprised how comfortable they are. IMO though, I prefer SUV for long trips.

Are you sure they're not saying that because you drive a GS? Maybe you should thank the GS.
No, that would be these NUTS! lol Okay okay. I'll stop don't want to get banned from the site since its not 'G' rated.
Old 12-16-14, 12:41 PM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,046 Likes on 661 Posts

Last time I was sitting in traffic in the slowest lane (5 lane hwy) and a rock came flying from the opposite traffic which was moving fast and ended up on the top my Camry windshield and chipped it. I'm like what tha fuhhh!!! I'm not even moving dammit!! lol Those things always find its way to ur car and that rock must've went flying across at least 5 lanes before it landed on me!
Old 12-17-14, 08:08 AM
Chardo
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by AL13NV8D3R
Broken windshield from rogue rock sucks. I had my windshield replaced within one month of owning my car and i bought my car brand new too.

Make sure you tell your insurance company to replace OEM windshield with the LEXUS logo etched onto it. Your car is still new and it deserves better. Dont let the insurance company shove a OEM EQUIVALENT windshield down your throat. There are so many tech and advances built into our windshields the last thing you want is a problem with it.

I annoyed my insurance company with at least 5 phone calls until they gave in and approved a $2400 winshield replacement and all i paid was my $500 deductable.

Tech and advances in a windshield? What do you mean?
Old 12-17-14, 08:19 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,519 Likes on 1,817 Posts

Its a laminated, acoustic, extra thick windshield and you have rain sensing wipers, etc.
Old 12-17-14, 11:25 AM
Atomic350F
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

The F Sport does have a stiffer suspension too so the ride isnt all about the seats between the GS Luxury and it's definitely not an ES. There is always a compromise between sports and luxury of course.

Make sure youre not in the Sport settings on your drive mode either or that will stiffen up the ride further of course! It would be nice if the Eco mode would soften the ride for long trips though.. did you get that Lexus engineers?!

The seats which I too find to be some of the best I ever sat in and I am coming out of a Range Rover Supercharged which is quite a bit more expensive vehicle. Definitely keep playing with those various seat adjustments to get it fine tuned for your body and that should help.
Old 12-17-14, 02:56 PM
sick21
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

^^Right?? I would like a comfort mode. Just not too pillow-ey.
Old 12-17-14, 03:28 PM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

I moved my headrest 1 click forward and it made one hell of a difference. I always felt it was too far back and made my neck and spine tired fast.
Old 12-17-14, 04:44 PM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,991 Likes on 1,415 Posts

Originally Posted by ItzFilyO
I moved my headrest 1 click forward and it made one hell of a difference. I always felt it was too far back and made my neck and spine tired fast.
Do you rest the back of your head against the headrest when you drive? I've never done that...except when in a race car, wearing a helmet and all strapped-in.
Old 12-17-14, 05:07 PM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

For long drives yes.
Old 12-17-14, 05:08 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,519 Likes on 1,817 Posts

Thats one reason why I love the articulating backrest on the luxury seat, it brings the headrest closer to my head to where I can rest it there without having to lean it back...
Old 12-17-14, 05:17 PM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,991 Likes on 1,415 Posts

If I was on a long trip and tired from driving I'd be afraid I'd fall asleep if I rested my head on the headrest while driving. But, as the name implies - a headrest is made to rest your head! So, what do I know...

I've always considered the headrest more of a safety device to help prevent whiplash in case of an accident...
Old 12-17-14, 08:58 PM
AL13NV8D3R
Instructor

Received 33 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Chardo
Tech and advances in a windshield? What do you mean?
When i had to replace my windshield on my 4GS the glass guy ask me what car options do i have like HUD or night view or rain sensors. He told me there are like 300 different combinations for our glass and he specifically need to know which one to order. HUD will not even be visible on your windshield if you installed the wrong glass. So thats why it cost $2000+ for the glass. Its high tech.

Quick Reply: F-Sport seats super uncomfortable on trips