GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

F-Sport seats super uncomfortable on trips

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-14, 08:39 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,499 Likes on 1,802 Posts

The F Sport seat and the Luxury seat are basically the same seat, save for a few adjustments and better leather.

I just completed over 1000 miles of driving in about 5 days in my GS, and continue to find the seats the best I've ever had in a car. That includes two LS's and two ES's. They're just great seats. In fact, the last two hours tonight I was tired and let my wife drive and I got to lay back in the passenger seat, fold the headrests around my head and really enjoy them....they are great seats.

I think everybody's different and there are bound to be people who seats don't work for...but overall I think this is a seldom or never before heard complaint here...
Old 12-14-14, 08:52 PM
depechek
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bclexus
Maybe the OP has a scrawny butt without much meat on his bones.

lol! Not to be racist, but I am Asian with a black man's *** as most of my girlfriends tell me. I am not overweight: 5:10 and 180ish (I fluctuate btwn 175-183). Maybe my F-Sport seats are defective? I'll take it on another roadtrip next weekend and play around with the settings more.
Old 12-14-14, 09:11 PM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,046 Likes on 661 Posts

Do u guys use the lower back support? I believe FSport and Luxury have lower and upper lumbar support.
Old 12-14-14, 09:40 PM
islandbeef
Racer

Received 62 Likes on 38 Posts

Need more cushion? Eat more ice cream.
Old 12-15-14, 10:17 AM
JT51
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dseag2
This is the first complaint I think I've ever seen in this forum re: the comfort of the F Sport seats. Maybe you should try adjusting more of the settings? I find them some of the most comfortable seats I've ever had in a car, even on a road trip.
I agree totally. Taken car on 3 round trips from Central Florida to NOLA, which is over 10 hours, each way. Got out of the car each time feeling fine, not stiff or tired, and I'm old. I just love the seats, especially the drivers thigh support. The best seats in any car I have owned.
Old 12-15-14, 04:55 PM
sick21
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I have no complaints with my F Sport seats. They feel buttery smooth and cushy compared to my wife's 4Runner. My only complaint is the bottom seat feels a little flat especially around corners. I wish there were more bolstering or adjustable bolsters like the back, that's how my BMW was too.
Old 12-15-14, 06:02 PM
AL13NV8D3R
Instructor

Received 33 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by sick21
I have no complaints with my F Sport seats. They feel buttery smooth and cushy compared to my wife's 4Runner. My only complaint is the bottom seat feels a little flat especially around corners. I wish there were more bolstering or adjustable bolsters like the back, that's how my BMW was too.
I am sure my luxury GS seats also adjust lower seat bolsters and upper seat bolster too. Maby fsports dont have this?
Old 12-15-14, 06:20 PM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,990 Likes on 1,414 Posts

Originally Posted by depechek
I am Asian with a black man's *** as most of my girlfriends tell me.
Alrighty then
Old 12-15-14, 07:59 PM
Rexus300
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The F-sport seats are by far the most comfortable seats I have ever sat in and they are superb for long distance drives. It feels alot more comfortable and supportive then my 2012 Audi A8L comfort seats which is a testament to how great these seats are!
Old 12-15-14, 09:35 PM
depechek
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So I guess bc I bad mouth my GS's seats it paid me back with my second broken windshield for the year. Sorry I hurt your feeling GS! Unfortunately, what started as a small starburst turned out to be a long crack by the time lunch rolled around. I was going to get it repaired on my lunch break, so much for that.
Old 12-15-14, 09:54 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,499 Likes on 1,802 Posts

Not the GS' fault a rock hit the windshield. You must have pissed off the rock.
Old 12-15-14, 10:01 PM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,046 Likes on 661 Posts

Oh yea don't bad mouth these cars.
Old 12-16-14, 02:30 AM
AL13NV8D3R
Instructor

Received 33 Likes on 22 Posts

Broken windshield from rogue rock sucks. I had my windshield replaced within one month of owning my car and i bought my car brand new too.

Make sure you tell your insurance company to replace OEM windshield with the LEXUS logo etched onto it. Your car is still new and it deserves better. Dont let the insurance company shove a OEM EQUIVALENT windshield down your throat. There are so many tech and advances built into our windshields the last thing you want is a problem with it.

I annoyed my insurance company with at least 5 phone calls until they gave in and approved a $2400 winshield replacement and all i paid was my $500 deductable.
Old 12-16-14, 05:34 AM
JayRo354
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dseag2
This is the first complaint I think I've ever seen in this forum re: the comfort of the F Sport seats. Maybe you should try adjusting more of the settings? I find them some of the most comfortable seats I've ever had in a car, even on a road trip.
Totally agree. It's a lazy-boy on wheels when you have your seats adjusted right. Love that lumbar support.
Old 12-16-14, 08:49 AM
Afrosheen
Lexus Test Driver

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by depechek
So I guess bc I bad mouth my GS's seats it paid me back with my second broken windshield for the year. Sorry I hurt your feeling GS! Unfortunately, what started as a small starburst turned out to be a long crack by the time lunch rolled around. I was going to get it repaired on my lunch break, so much for that.
Cracked windshields aren't unusual around here regardless of the make/model of the car. We have a deadly cocktail of high speed highways, frequent/perpetual construction and snaky drivers that will take a foot if you give an inch. That will lead you to being uncomfortably close to a gravel or concrete truck, or just some buckshot truck up on a 12" lift kit, throwing mud and small rocks at anything within 100 feet.

I think windshield angle plays into it as well. The more reclined the angle, the less likely the glass will take a direct hit and absorb all the energy. Even in my very limited long range highway driving, in 1.5 years I've got two deep hood chips and a little "starring" on my windshield. I'm below Dallas average on mileage, and yet, here I am with rock chips.

At least it's not like my old car, where 3 days after buying it, a dumbass truck driver changed lanes in front of me, slinging a road gator from a blown tire (which was literally on the stripe between lanes) into my front bumper. The steel belts poked a row of holes about .5mm into the bumper paint. Never been so mad before, it was just careless on the driver's part and with traffic as tight as it was, I couldn't avoid it. /rant

Quick Reply: F-Sport seats super uncomfortable on trips