GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models
View Poll Results: Do you have (or carry) a gun in your GS 350?
No
57.14%
On my person
28.57%
Not on my person - Open View
3.57%
Not on my person - Concealed
10.71%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Do You Have (or Carry) a Gun In Your GS 350?

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-14, 08:45 AM
praetor
Racer

Received 132 Likes on 92 Posts

Originally Posted by bclexus
The rear seat fold-down armrest/cup holder has a console compartment that might be a consideration.
Too far out of reach. I need something easily reachable. Console vault makes storage that go into the center console but non specific for the GS. I am pondering if the one for the Camry will fit in there.
The following users liked this post:
mickb (11-06-21)
Old 12-18-14, 11:26 AM
blacksun
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Nope. I'm not ever afraid that someone is going to rob/harm me (or my family) when out and about. BTW, I live and work downtown in a major US city, not out in the burbs in the middle of nowhere. Maybe it's the optimist in me, but I personally find it unnecessary to carry a gun with me daily.
Old 12-18-14, 11:35 AM
praetor
Racer

Originally Posted by blacksun
Nope. I'm not ever afraid that someone is going to rob/harm me (or my family) when out and about. BTW, I live and work downtown in a major US city, not out in the burbs in the middle of nowhere. Maybe it's the optimist in me, but I personally find it unnecessary to carry a gun with me daily.
It's cool that people don't carry.. Not everyone should carry. I just want to emphasize one point. I'm not carrying because I'm afraid. I carry because I like to be ready. I have a blanket, road flares and fire extinguisher in my car also. I'm not afraid nor am I hoping my car catches on fire but just like having insurance, I want to know I'm covered. For me it's just another tool in a toolbox.
RX469 (10-22-21)
Old 12-18-14, 06:52 PM
AL13NV8D3R
Instructor

Received 33 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by praetor
It's cool that people don't carry.. Not everyone should carry. I just want to emphasize one point. I'm not carrying because I'm afraid. I carry because I like to be ready. I have a blanket, road flares and fire extinguisher in my car also. I'm not afraid nor am I hoping my car catches on fire but just like having insurance, I want to know I'm covered. For me it's just another tool in a toolbox.
Lol and i thought I was the only one. I have a miltary style bug out bag at all times in my trunk just in case. And also have road flares and multiool in my trunk too.
RichardB23 (05-24-19)
Old 12-18-14, 06:54 PM
dseag2
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by 1sWt2GS
Everyone in Texas carries a gun.
Not everyone. I guess I must be the only one in Texas that doesn't own one. It is for the best because I would probably shoot the tires out on some distracted driver's car.
Old 12-18-14, 07:58 PM
blacksun
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by praetor
I don't have any of those other things either. In fact, I removed my spare tire to save weight. I'm not a glass-half-full type of guy. You can be ready for those other things, I'll be ready for...

Oh yeah, and the only reason I have insurance is because "the man" is makes me.
Old 12-18-14, 08:08 PM
tknx
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Honestly this thread should be shifted out - politics have nothing to do with the car.
rVague (02-07-18)
Old 12-19-14, 06:59 AM
praetor
Racer

Originally Posted by blacksun
I don't have any of those other things either. In fact, I removed my spare tire to save weight. I'm not a glass-half-full type of guy. You can be ready for those other things, I'll be ready for...

Oh yeah, and the only reason I have insurance is because "the man" is makes me.
Like I said, it's cool whatever you decide to do. My only point again wasn't fear but readiness.

As for not having insurance, again I want to be covered in case my car gets damaged, stolen or I have an accident and damage someone/something. I'm not losing my life savings because I had an accident and someone decides to sue me for damages. Am I afraid to drive my car? Nope. Am I afraid it will get stolen? Nope. But I sleep well knowing that I'm covered if **** happens.
Old 12-19-14, 07:00 AM
praetor
Racer

Originally Posted by AL13NV8D3R
Lol and i thought I was the only one. I have a miltary style bug out bag at all times in my trunk just in case. And also have road flares and multiool in my trunk too.
It just makes sense to me to be ready. These days, we are only a phone call away from help but you never know how long you have to wait for help or if you can't get a signal.
Old 12-19-14, 08:43 AM
LexRuger
Pole Position

Received 186 Likes on 117 Posts

No. But I should. Gangs are everywhere in L.A.

About a month ago there was a news story where an older lady got robbed of her rolex in broad daylight in a not so bad neighborhood. Which reassured me that nowhere is safe around here.
Old 12-22-14, 06:15 AM
ronfsp
Driver

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Ya in Singapore you dun need to carry a gun to protect urself. Only law enforcers carries a gun. SW13GS is right, Singapore crime rate is so low that you dun have to worry about your daughter walking alone at night in a dark alley. You dun even need to worry if u remembered to lock your car. There are so many occasions I forgot to lock my car. But nothing is stolen from the car. Not needing a gun to protect urself is better than u need a gun to protect urself. So to say...
Old 12-22-14, 07:05 AM
AL13NV8D3R
Instructor

Received 33 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by ronfsp
Ya in Singapore you dun need to carry a gun to protect urself. Only law enforcers carries a gun. SW13GS is right, Singapore crime rate is so low that you dun have to worry about your daughter walking alone at night in a dark alley. You dun even need to worry if u remembered to lock your car. There are so many occasions I forgot to lock my car. But nothing is stolen from the car. Not needing a gun to protect urself is better than u need a gun to protect urself. So to say...
Well, this is America and we are not singapore so I dont know why people keep on reminding us how safe singapore is. But anyways..... alot of people carry guns where i live. I know because most of us carry openly on an outside belt holster. So It just make sense to carry one.
Old 12-22-14, 04:12 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,520 Likes on 1,818 Posts

To be fair, he commented that "it would be cool to have a gun, in singapore we can't even have a knife"...its not like "everybody keeps saying how safe Singapore is"...

You said you'd like to be a criminal in Singapore because they don't let people carry guns...and I replied that you definitely would NOT want to be a criminal in Singapore lol...
Old 12-22-14, 04:59 PM
popping
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm not allowed...
Old 12-23-14, 06:44 AM
praetor
Racer

Originally Posted by popping
I'm not allowed...
Why not? Criminal record? Family?

Quick Reply: Do You Have (or Carry) a Gun In Your GS 350?