GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Curb Rash After Service Visit

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-14, 10:22 AM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,046 Likes on 661 Posts

The less dealer visits the better, that's why I'm skipping my 5K mile services and go straight to the 10K miles oil change ones.

They'll just spot fix the wheel and u won't be able to notice it, they did on mine and it came out good but I damaged my own wheel and had the wheel protection plan covered the cost.

Which dealer is this?
Old 12-10-14, 10:25 AM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,046 Likes on 661 Posts

Originally Posted by xRYD3Rx
Hand wash? Which dealer
I think my dealer hand wash their cars too cause mine came out really clean and no damages, not possible with a machine wash.
Old 12-10-14, 10:42 AM
JT4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 44 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by xRYD3Rx
Hand wash? Which dealer
OP- I feel for you, I would have been pissed.

IMO even a hand wash at any dealer (Lexus, MB, BMW, Acura) is not advisable. I have seen car wash attendants at the dealers use the same dirty bucket of water for every car they wash and if they drop the wash mitt, oh well they just keep washing.

I once witnessed a car wash attendant start washing a very dirty car without rinsing it first when I was waiting for service. He went from the wash soap right to the dry dirty paint, me and my oldest son couldn't believe it. He washed the entire car like that before picking up the hose. They don't care, it's all about speed for them.

That's why none of my cars ever get a wash when they're in for servicing. The SA writes it across the repair order and I hang a note from the glovebox reading... PLEASE DO NOT WASH.
Old 12-10-14, 11:21 AM
99alta
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Joeb427
They said they didn't do it of course.
The wheel rash was ever so minor but I'm OCD and biatched it wasn't there when I came in for service and want it repaired.Service manager came into play and I even biatcheded to get a new wheel but that didn't work as I knew it wouldn't.
Ya,I hear you !
I think I will be pulling out the cell phone and taking 4 shots of the car before it goes in for service!

As they say, a picture is worth a thousand words
Old 12-10-14, 12:13 PM
1111GS

Received 89 Likes on 77 Posts

That stinks. I hope they won't say you did it. Best of luck.

Originally Posted by JT4
OP- I feel for you, I would have been pissed.

IMO even a hand wash at any dealer (Lexus, MB, BMW, Acura) is not advisable. I have seen car wash attendants at the dealers use the same dirty bucket of water for every car they wash and if they drop the wash mitt, oh well they just keep washing.

I once witnessed a car wash attendant start washing a very dirty car without rinsing it first when I was waiting for service. He went from the wash soap right to the dry dirty paint, me and my oldest son couldn't believe it. He washed the entire car like that before picking up the hose. They don't care, it's all about speed for them.

That's why none of my cars ever get a wash when they're in for servicing. The SA writes it across the repair order and I hang a note from the glovebox reading... PLEASE DO NOT WASH.
+1. There's no such thing as good free hand wash. I've seen hand wash with push brooms before. I always tape an A4 paper with "Please Do Not Wash" right below the display. Sometimes writing on the RO is not enough.
Old 12-10-14, 01:08 PM
faifai83
Instructor

Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts

I always leave a sign in my Nav with a No Car Wash Sign (like No Smoking)

...I'm not sure if all employees can ready English?
Old 12-10-14, 01:31 PM
xRYD3Rx
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by faifai83
I always leave a sign in my Nav with a No Car Wash Sign (like No Smoking)

...I'm not sure if all employees can ready English?
No they can't.....
Old 12-10-14, 02:02 PM
Afrosheen
Lexus Test Driver

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Yeah my dealer is always trying to talk me into a car wash. Once I was in the lobby waiting for service to complete. The clipboard girl comes up and says, your car is ready, would you like a car wash? That was suspicious because I told the SA not to wash it. (I always hand wash myself, really strict about it)

Well guess what. Since it had gone "across the street" to the wheel shop, I guess it got dirty on the way back from there to the dealer, so somebody hit the back half of the car with a water hose. Nice, fat water spots on half the car and it was still dripping when I got outside. I was like, wtf guys, I said no wash. Attendant said "Si! No wash!".

At that point I just smiled, hit the memory button for my seat to move it back 3 feet, and went home. You win some, you lose some. After all, it's just a car.
Old 12-11-14, 04:44 AM
JT4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 44 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by bnlexus
That stinks. I hope they won't say you did it. Best of luck.

+1. There's no such thing as good free hand wash. I've seen hand wash with push brooms before. I always tape an A4 paper with "Please Do Not Wash" right below the display. Sometimes writing on the RO is not enough.
^^ So true, learned that with my wifes first ML. Took it for service, it was immaculate and just by looking at it clearly anyone could tell it didn't need a wash. Regardless I had the SA write Do Not Wash on the RO.

Picked it up the next day and they washed it.. I could tell because there were streaks and water marks everywhere. I mentioned it to the SA and he was also puzzled as to why they would have washed it since the ML was spotless.

So now I always put a sign on the dash..
Old 12-11-14, 05:04 AM
rjm
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Joeb427
They said they didn't do it of course.
Not surprising. Responses like that separate the good dealers from the bad dealers.