GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Purchased ijdm toy led blinker's

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-14, 07:14 PM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,046 Likes on 661 Posts

I got mine but I decided not to install it because it's too tight, even with the thinnest rubber piece the screws started to damage the bulb socket. I don't wanna force it in cause It's going to be expensive to replace the light housing, so I'm just staying stock and I'm returning everything. Dammit! I lost money on shipping.
Old 12-10-14, 07:37 PM
tknx
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did you try the rear where it is easier to test fit? Mine fit but it was definitely very tight.
Old 12-10-14, 08:43 PM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by tknx
Did you try the rear where it is easier to test fit? Mine fit but it was definitely very tight.
Yes that was the rear and when I saw the screws starting to chip the housing I'm like oh no, I don't want that. lol

The JDM one is ok cause it's rubber and if mine didn't go bad I would probably keep that one cause it's cheap and I can live with the brightness. But too bad everything is going back. lol
Old 12-10-14, 08:52 PM
onexcite
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

This is where I mount the controller box and how the V3 look like on the back housing.

You'll need to remove the small locking ring or glue it to the big one if you couldn't remove it.
Attached Thumbnails Purchased ijdm toy led blinker's-img_5908_resize.jpg   Purchased ijdm toy led blinker's-img_5910_resize.jpg   Purchased ijdm toy led blinker's-img_5912_resize.jpg   Purchased ijdm toy led blinker's-img_5914_resize.jpg  
Old 12-10-14, 09:01 PM
onexcite
Lead Lap

The bulbs go all the way inside. About 1 and 3/4 inches from the top to the reflector. You can see even on the side it will visible so there no blocking light output by the socket.

Try it without the screws first to get the ideal fitment then install with 2 screws on the opposite way.

The screw head actually round you might feel it tough to go through the socket but once it inside it won't damage or breaking the housing, a quarter turn will secure the bulb to the socket.
Attached Thumbnails Purchased ijdm toy led blinker's-img_5917_resize.jpg   Purchased ijdm toy led blinker's-img_5918_resize.jpg   Purchased ijdm toy led blinker's-img_5920_resize.jpg  
Old 12-10-14, 10:11 PM
tknx
Pole Position

Yeah, I think a little bit of epoxy where the wires go in would be good. The VLEDs are weird - well built in some ways and not at all in others...
Old 12-12-14, 02:40 PM
tknx
Pole Position

Revised lessons:
  1. Make sure the resisters are inserted (mine weren't by default)
  2. Use 2 screws opposed to each other - don't use 3 like I did - you are just making it harder
  3. For the front turn signals, unscrew the black and amber barrels to their maximum extension so the light protrudes as far as it can.
  4. When you insert them, it only takes a small turn to lock them in.
  5. Do the rears first - a lot easier to do and you can see what you are up against on the front - just electric tape the stuff together and stuff it all in the side
  6. Driver side front - use the access panel in the wheel well
  7. Passenger side - make sure you have small, small hands and you really have to reach in there - my hands are carved up and bloody.

I didn't do any comparison movies since I'd have to change 1, then wait for night time, do the video and then do the other (doing this all outside sucks). But with the front lights adjusted so they protrude maximally, it definitely is brighter now.

Still not the most amazing upgrade, but now it is almost worth it.
Old 12-12-14, 03:01 PM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

8. Don't do it after driving with ur headlights on, that hot HID ballast will burn ur hands.
Old 01-01-15, 12:17 PM
onexcite
Lead Lap

Vleds have 20% off sale ending today. Have fun shopping
Old 06-07-15, 07:26 AM
Mr. Klean
Advanced

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

What's up fellas,

There is an access panel in front of both the wheels in the wheel-well. You can access the HID's and the turn signals through this panel...still a tight squeeze but A LOT easier than tryin to go through the top.

I'll take pics later this evening and post them up.
Old 07-31-15, 08:34 PM
Sevn86
Pole Position

Received 83 Likes on 55 Posts

For those members who are running the V3 turn signal LEDs, what are your thoughts now that you've had them on your cars for some time? I'm looking at getting some for my car but want to hear opinions first. Anyone have new videos of the V3's in action? Also do any of you have the red out mod on your rear turn signals? Do y'all think the red out vinyl decreases the brightness of the V3's?
Old 07-31-15, 08:41 PM
rl9010
Lead Lap

Received 51 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by Sevn86
For those members who are running the V3 turn signal LEDs, what are your thoughts now that you've had them on your cars for some time? I'm looking at getting some for my car but want to hear opinions first. Anyone have new videos of the V3's in action? Also do any of you have the red out mod on your rear turn signals? Do y'all think the red out vinyl decreases the brightness of the V3's?

I have a 3rd gen GS...but have vled V3's installed in the turn signal. Very bright and worth the update. No issues at all and I wouldn't think red vinyl will decrease the output by much.

I had V3's installed on my 2nd gen GS as well, and loved them just as much.

DO IT!
Old 08-02-15, 01:12 PM
Sevn86
Pole Position

Originally Posted by rl9010
VLED V3 Triton VS Oem Filament: Front turn signal lamp 2011 Lexus GS450h - YouTube

I have a 3rd gen GS...but have vled V3's installed in the turn signal. Very bright and worth the update. No issues at all and I wouldn't think red vinyl will decrease the output by much.

I had V3's installed on my 2nd gen GS as well, and loved them just as much.

DO IT!
Thanks! I'm going to order them just as soon as I can free up some money.
Old 10-15-15, 08:59 PM
Sevn86
Pole Position

So I just got my front set of V3 tritons in and I installed them this evening. God my hands are all cut up but I was able to install them. Thank god for the drivers side wheel well access. I didn't have hyper flash on my rear V3 turn signals with resistors when I was running normal bulbs in the front. Now that I have both sets hooked up I'm experiencing hyper flash when using my indicator for both left and right turn. When I push the emergency light button they flash normal . When I push to unlock and lock the car with my key fob or door handle it's normal. My question for you all with V3's is are yall experiencing any type of hyper flash? Are you using a resistor for every bulb? What's your set up like? Do you by any chance know why my car could be hyper flashing? I thought I read that only one resistor is needed on each side. That's how it's set up right one but mine still hyper flash. Any help is appreciated. TIA

Sevn86
Old 10-15-15, 10:40 PM
rl9010
Lead Lap

Received 51 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by Sevn86
So I just got my front set of V3 tritons in and I installed them this evening. God my hands are all cut up but I was able to install them. Thank god for the drivers side wheel well access. I didn't have hyper flash on my rear V3 turn signals with resistors when I was running normal bulbs in the front. Now that I have both sets hooked up I'm experiencing hyper flash when using my indicator for both left and right turn. When I push the emergency light button they flash normal . When I push to unlock and lock the car with my key fob or door handle it's normal. My question for you all with V3's is are yall experiencing any type of hyper flash? Are you using a resistor for every bulb? What's your set up like? Do you by any chance know why my car could be hyper flashing? I thought I read that only one resistor is needed on each side. That's how it's set up right one but mine still hyper flash. Any help is appreciated. TIA

Sevn86
I bought the led flasher relay. This takes care of all four corners without the need of splicing into the original wires.

Since you have resistors on the rear already you can simply add more resistors to the front lights. The rear resistors are canceling out the lack of current due to led's. As you are setup right now, the car thinks the front turn signals have burnt out since you do not have enough current flowing through the system. (I could be wrong with terminology, but this is what I understand)

I think the flasher relay is a far easier and reversible solution.

Simply google "lexus led flasher". You can buy a speed adjustable flasher unit to fine tune how you want the lights to flash.

LED flasher relay is located in the dash and can be found by activating your turn signals and following the ticking sound.

Last edited by rl9010; 10-15-15 at 10:43 PM.

Quick Reply: Purchased ijdm toy led blinker's