GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Purchased ijdm toy led blinker's

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-14, 01:05 PM
onexcite
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by xRYD3Rx
Why must the front be amber? I can't put white......
If you want your front blinker white then put white. The rear no matter what in there it still come out amber.
Old 12-06-14, 01:07 PM
onexcite
Lead Lap

I will consider the v3 hopefully if they put some sales.
But do they have the white color i don't want amber
You guys just missed their sale last week and ending earlier this week. 25% off with free shipping if I remember correctly.
Old 12-06-14, 01:11 PM
xRYD3Rx
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by onexcite
If you want your front blinker white then put white. The rear no matter what in there it still come out amber.
I am going to tint the orange part red that it won't bother the red rear light.
And oh man wtf why sale end? Holidays are coming up hopefully will put a good sale again.
But form the video you posted theres a big difference but again its the consumers choice if they think its worth an upgrade. I personally think Jdm product are garbage. or good for temporary use/backup
Old 12-06-14, 02:26 PM
Abermac
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just ordered some VLEDs to compare.
DEC10 will get you 10% off the entire order.
Not sure it'll get any better than that for now...
Old 12-06-14, 03:14 PM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,046 Likes on 661 Posts

Originally Posted by Abermac
Take pics of the install, I want to see how the bulb sits in the housing.
Old 12-06-14, 04:08 PM
onexcite
Lead Lap

I am going to tint the orange part red that it won't bother the red rear light.
And oh man wtf why sale end? Holidays are coming up hopefully will put a good sale again.
But form the video you posted theres a big difference but again its the consumers choice if they think its worth an upgrade. I personally think Jdm product are garbage. or good for temporary use/backup
It's your $$ so spend it wisely. 4GS is not a cheap car so it deserve the best the money can buy.

Bottom line is Lexus better make LED all around, even the Corolla come standard with LED headlight.

Originally Posted by Abermac
Some folks here will appreciate 10% discount. Better than none.
Old 12-06-14, 06:06 PM
bigblack06

Received 315 Likes on 219 Posts

Ok so what I learned when I had my friend install the driver side is that you need to push it in until its stuck there are grooves in the rubber that lock in which I clearly didn't pay attention to. The driver side is a pain in the **** and I could not see myself doing that. V3 are great but I wouldn't waste my money on that would rather waste it on the v3 for reverse lights.
Old 12-06-14, 06:21 PM
dchar
Lexus Champion

Received 223 Likes on 178 Posts

Originally Posted by bigblack06
Ok so what I learned when I had my friend install the driver side is that you need to push it in until its stuck there are grooves in the rubber that lock in which I clearly didn't pay attention to. The driver side is a pain in the **** and I could not see myself doing that. V3 are great but I wouldn't waste my money on that would rather waste it on the v3 for reverse lights.
I feel like spending money for V3 on turn signal is better than for reverse lights. Definitely use signals way more than reverse. Plus, more equipment needed for signal lights to pervent hyper flash.
Old 12-07-14, 10:25 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,500 Likes on 1,803 Posts

Having driven Lexus vehicles with LED and HID lights, I definitely prefer the output of HID lights. I agree all turn signals and brake lights and all should be LED.

As for the front white vs amber. Please put amber turn signals in the car. I was going to bite my tongue about this, but I have to say something. Yes we want our cars to be cool, but these things are safety features first and cool second. Everybody knows that a flashing amber or red light is a turn signal. White LEDs in turn signals or blue or whatever are distracting and it creates a chance that someone may look at your car with the signal on and not immediately realize what it is that signal is trying to tell them. When driving down the road at 30, 40, 50MPH all it takes is a split second of confusion and it can be a disaster. Not worth it.
Old 12-07-14, 10:29 AM
tknx
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SW13GS
Having driven Lexus vehicles with LED and HID lights, I definitely prefer the output of HID lights. I agree all turn signals and brake lights and all should be LED.

As for the front white vs amber. Please put amber turn signals in the car. I was going to bite my tongue about this, but I have to say something. Yes we want our cars to be cool, but these things are safety features first and cool second. Everybody knows that a flashing amber or red light is a turn signal. White LEDs in turn signals or blue or whatever are distracting and it creates a chance that someone may look at your car with the signal on and not immediately realize what it is that signal is trying to tell them. When driving down the road at 30, 40, 50MPH all it takes is a split second of confusion and it can be a disaster. Not worth it.
Agreed 100% - use an amber turn signal. Using blue is most likely illegal anyway since it is (a) reserved for cops (b) often seen on crappy chopped Civic CRXs.
Old 12-07-14, 10:34 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Exactly. We all have to share the roads with each other, doing something to your car that might just even maybe make things more dangerous for somebody else is just irresponsible, IMHO. A split second of confusion with you turning left at a stoplight or at speed across oncoming traffic and your and somebody else's lives could be over or changed forever.
Old 12-07-14, 10:57 AM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,046 Likes on 661 Posts

I thought it's illegal to have turn signals other than amber for the front and amber or red for the back? Maybe I don't know my own state laws that well.

I used to have a red turn signal on the back of my Camry and I hated it. That car has a super bright LED brake light (if u ever drove behind a 2010-2011 Camry u know what I'm talking about), so when ur flashing ur red turn signal it just blends in with the brake light and it wasn't even LED so it's weak.
Old 12-07-14, 11:16 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

I think the DOT requirement is that no light can be used in front that is not white or amber, and none can be used in the back that is not red or amber. I don't think it specifically references turn signals vs anything else. Even still...obviously people are not expecting a white or whitish blue turn signal.
Old 12-07-14, 11:58 AM
bigblack06

Received 315 Likes on 219 Posts

Originally Posted by SW13GS

I third that having amber keeps everyone aware vs white, looks vs safety I'll take safety any day.
Old 12-07-14, 12:33 PM
xRYD3Rx
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

In california front you can have amber/white turn signal
rear is red/amber only

Quick Reply: Purchased ijdm toy led blinker's