GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Looking to lease 2015 GS AWD...

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-14, 12:22 PM
lex326
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking to lease 2015 GS AWD...

Has anyone participated in the December to Remember event? Is there any advantage to wait until 12/30 or 12/31? I have a 830+ credit score and am hoping for the best money factor. Lastly, how different is the trim from the regular GS vs. the F-Sport? I really don't care about F-Sport's driving specs... is the appearance all that different?
Old 11-23-14, 05:51 PM
dchar
Lexus Champion

Received 223 Likes on 178 Posts

Just picked up my 2015 F-sport a couple weeks ago during the event. There isn't really any advantage of waiting because dealerships are desperate in making deals now. Also, waiting that long may lessen your choices of colors and options if you were planning to get one on those days. Money factors are set and won't change from now til the end of the month.

Appearance is much different, especially up front. There's a more intricate grille and more aggressive bumper. Keep in mind though, you lose fog lights when going for F-sport. In the back, there's a trunk spoiler. Down below, you get dark finished 19" wheels. On the interior, Cabernet (red) leather is exclusive to F-sport, different steering wheel, more adjustments on drivers seat, black headliner. Personally, I think F-sport is the way to go, but I may be biased

Last edited by dchar; 11-23-14 at 07:49 PM.
Old 11-23-14, 07:32 PM
GSmooth350
Driver School Candidate

Just picked up a 2015 gs f sport on a sweet lease deal during the event. Love it.
Old 11-23-14, 08:29 PM
kevings03
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

just took delivery of a 2015 fsport with ML. 0 down, 12k miles per year, 521 a month, tax included. 2 year deal.
Old 11-23-14, 11:30 PM
thirst
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by kevings03
just took delivery of a 2015 fsport with ML. 0 down, 12k miles per year, 521 a month, tax included. 2 year deal.
Hi Kevings, could you share where you got your car? when you say 0 down, is that the same thing as 0 drive off? Did you pay anything when picking up the car?

I am looking to get a car as well. any details you can provide would be appreciated.
Old 11-24-14, 09:53 AM
lex326
Rookie

The "Deals" i'm seeing in metro boston are 3,500 cash down and only 10k miles for 440/month. Is the cash down component all the fees that are tacked on? Are any of these fees negotiable? I'd also need a minimum of 12k miles, 10k seems pretty light.
Old 11-24-14, 10:14 AM
kevings03
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by thirst
Hi Kevings, could you share where you got your car? when you say 0 down, is that the same thing as 0 drive off? Did you pay anything when picking up the car?

I am looking to get a car as well. any details you can provide would be appreciated.
Hi Thirst,

I worked with Paul Vallis from Thousand Oaks Lexus. I heard about him, here on the forum. His direct number is 805-857-5142. He was excellent to work with. Straight shooter / no BS, but also took the time to answer all my questions, as well as find me an fsport with exactly the features I wanted. ( ML, lighted door sills, cabernet, liquid plat ).

One of my associates at work also gave him a call after I shared my experience with him, and he leased his wife the lexus SUV ( rx 350 i think ). He mentioned that Paul's monthly quote was significantly better than any other he'd received.

Also regarding your question....yes, 0 down is the same as zero drive off, meaning I paid nothing when I took possession of the vehicle. Additionally, the vehicle was delivered to my house for me ( about 90 miles away ) at no charge, and we did the paperwork ( 15 minutes or so ) at my dinner table. Talk about service!

Anyhow, give him a call....I think you'd be pleased you did.

If you do, please also let him know that Kevin Sorkin referred you over....I mentioned to him that I would try and send a few folks his way.

ps - heres a pic, just for the hell of it: )

Old 11-25-14, 08:12 AM
islandbeef
Racer

Received 62 Likes on 38 Posts

^It seems the best deals are in the Los Angeles area.

Thanks for the info. I may hit your guy up when I upgrade or if the wife is ready to trade in her minivan for an LX.
Old 11-25-14, 11:00 AM
Mike00
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by islandbeef
^It seems the best deals are in the Los Angeles area.

Thanks for the info. I may hit your guy up when I upgrade or if the wife is ready to trade in her minivan for an LX.
Two to three hour drive. At least you have that option. Come over to the East coast and you REALLY won't like the rates.
Old 11-25-14, 01:25 PM
islandbeef
Racer

Originally Posted by Mike00
Two to three hour drive. At least you have that option. Come over to the East coast and you REALLY won't like the rates.
The savings is worth a tank of gas. Why would I want to go to the East Coast and dig my car out of the snow?
Old 12-03-14, 08:38 AM
Ap1_Alan
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by kevings03
Hi Thirst,

I worked with Paul Vallis from Thousand Oaks Lexus. I heard about him, here on the forum. His direct number is 805-857-5142. He was excellent to work with. Straight shooter / no BS, but also took the time to answer all my questions, as well as find me an fsport with exactly the features I wanted. ( ML, lighted door sills, cabernet, liquid plat ).

One of my associates at work also gave him a call after I shared my experience with him, and he leased his wife the lexus SUV ( rx 350 i think ). He mentioned that Paul's monthly quote was significantly better than any other he'd received.

Also regarding your question....yes, 0 down is the same as zero drive off, meaning I paid nothing when I took possession of the vehicle. Additionally, the vehicle was delivered to my house for me ( about 90 miles away ) at no charge, and we did the paperwork ( 15 minutes or so ) at my dinner table. Talk about service!

Anyhow, give him a call....I think you'd be pleased you did.

If you do, please also let him know that Kevin Sorkin referred you over....I mentioned to him that I would try and send a few folks his way.

ps - heres a pic, just for the hell of it: )

This post guided me to Paul at Thousands Oaks Lexus as well. 2015 f sport no ML, $0 out of pocket, Lexus also covers first month payment (so only 23 payments on a 24 month lease), under $500/month after taxes.

Highly recommend Paul! The car is being delivered to my work on Monday.
Old 12-05-14, 02:21 PM
Atomic350F
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I just picked up my 2015 GS350 F Sport, ML, IPA, BSM, illuminated sills, Z2 accessory package last night and couldnt be more excited by the car and the deal I got for the December to (Definitely) Remember!! Tier 1+ is any credit score over 720, so your good to go on the financing with the best rate available (.00090 up to 48 months for a 2015).

Instead of going into the dealership and battling all day, I too shopped via the web and simply emailed every dealer in Southern California to let them fight it out for the best deal to get me to show up. I found Thousand Oaks and Longo to be the most responsive, straight forward, and also had the best deals without wasting time.. Here's what I got:

MSRP $57,685
Zero drive off's, nothing out of pocket, first payment on Lexus
36 month lease @ 15k miles $505+ tax (2 years or less miles would have cost less of course its just math once they settle the price and rates, and this is what worked for me)

Went with Longo, they beat out Thousand Oaks who was also great by $5 a month on the first quote, and they actually had the Atomic Silver on black leather with all the options I wanted as well!! I was able to view all inventory on the dealer websites, which was also great since I knew exactly what I wanted.

Obligatory photographic evidence:

Looking to lease 2015 GS AWD...-2i6nbjc.jpg

Day one I just couldnt be happier, this was easily the smoothest car buying experience I have ever witnessed.. and oh yeah, I LOVE THE CAR!!!!

Old 12-05-14, 02:35 PM
islandbeef
Racer

^That's the way it should be, businesses fighting it out to get your business. Who wins? We do.
So, I'm assuming you emailed the dealerships individually? Or did you CC all the dealerships into one email thread and let them battle it out on price?
Old 12-05-14, 03:18 PM
flippd
Driver

MSRP of 57K? I got my 2013 premium AWD with cold weather for 56K MSRP. Did the prices change for 2015?

Originally Posted by Atomic350F
I just picked up my 2015 GS350 F Sport, ML, IPA, BSM, illuminated sills, Z2 accessory package last night and couldnt be more excited by the car and the deal I got for the December to (Definitely) Remember!! Tier 1+ is any credit score over 720, so your good to go on the financing with the best rate available (.00090 up to 48 months for a 2015).

Instead of going into the dealership and battling all day, I too shopped via the web and simply emailed every dealer in Southern California to let them fight it out for the best deal to get me to show up. I found Thousand Oaks and Longo to be the most responsive, straight forward, and also had the best deals without wasting time.. Here's what I got:

MSRP $57,685
36 month lease @ 15k miles $505+ tax (2 years or less miles would have cost less of course its just math once they settle the price and rates, and this is what worked for me)

Went with Longo, they beat out Thousand Oaks who was also great by $5 a month on the first quote, and they actually had the Atomic Silver on black leather with all the options I wanted as well!! I was able to view all inventory on the dealer websites, which was also great since I knew exactly what I wanted.

Day one I just couldnt be happier, this was easily the smoothest car buying experience I have ever witnessed.. and oh yeah, I LOVE THE CAR!!!!

Old 12-05-14, 03:33 PM
xRYD3Rx
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Atomic350F

MSRP $57,685

Longo put holes on your bumper as well
Picked mines up from Longo gave best deal they drilled holes in it.

Quick Reply: Looking to lease 2015 GS AWD...