GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Let the Liquid Shine!

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-14, 01:00 PM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,990 Likes on 1,414 Posts

Originally Posted by sick21
Thanks! I'm getting nervous. Longer hours, less pay (at first only, hopefully) and its sales.. At least I'll still have my liquidplat baby to get me through it
What kind of insurance - life, home, renters, auto, umbrella, commercial, etc.?
Old 11-30-14, 01:04 PM
sick21
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by bclexus
What kind of insurance - life, home, renters, auto, umbrella, commercial, etc.?
Auto and home mainly. I'm getting my Full P&C lic.
Old 11-30-14, 01:37 PM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Auto and home mainly. I'm getting my Full P&C lic.
Home & Auto is good, especially in a small town or rural area. Wishing you the best!
Old 11-30-14, 04:44 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,499 Likes on 1,802 Posts

Thanks! I'm getting nervous. Longer hours, less pay (at first only, hopefully) and its sales.. At least I'll still have my liquidplat baby to get me through it
For real, if you have questions or need to talk to anybody, feel free to PM me. I'm not in insurance, but I am in real estate and I do business with insurance agents every day and through business have become good friends with several very successful insurance agents. I've seen a lot of great ones, and a lot of bad ones. First time in sales? Do yourself a favor and take some general sales courses, Dale Carnegie, etc. You'll learn valuable skills, instincts, closing techniques, etc.

The most important thing is going to be finding sources of business. Realtors are great, mortgage lenders. Car dealerships and salespeople. Your rates are going to sell your product (or not) to the consumer, what you need are sources of prospects number one.

Insurance is tougher than it used to be, but it can still be a VERY lucrative business and once you get that book of business you get that nice renewal income which we don't have in our business.
Old 12-01-14, 07:21 PM
sick21
Lexus Test Driver

^^Thanks man I really appreciate that!!
Old 12-05-14, 11:23 PM
xRYD3Rx
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ItzFilyO
30 front and 20 rear I believe. In CA plates are optional. lol

No my plates are here, I just don't use it when taking pics.
Or you just decide to drive without one
Old 12-05-14, 11:43 PM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,046 Likes on 661 Posts

Originally Posted by xRYD3Rx
Or you just decide to drive without one
Ssshhhh..!!!
Old 12-14-14, 02:14 PM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

It's really wonderful what Lexus has done with their special paint coating process for the Liquid Platinum exterior color. However, it makes me wonder how difficult this special coating process is to duplicate if any repainting is ever necessary. Does anyone have any knowledge or experience about this?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

'Lexus engineers developed a new advanced coating process for Liquid Platinum exteriors. The GS 350 will be the first Lexus to adopt this new coating technology. Vehicles with the Liquid Platinum exterior will appear more radiant as an additional metallic texture gives both strong shading and defined, sharp highlights. This metallic effect makes subtle and defined bodylines more noticeable and the surface appear finely polished.'
Old 12-14-14, 03:33 PM
sick21
Lexus Test Driver

^^I hope I never have to fine out.. Would suck to have one 3D side car and the other flat looking because someone t-boned us or something.
Old 12-14-14, 04:50 PM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

^^I hope I never have to fine out.. Would suck to have one 3D side car and the other flat looking because someone t-boned us or something.
I just found this message from Jim Sowle (Director at Sewell Lexus Certified Collision Center) here in Dallas, TX. I suspect all Lexus dealerships have facilities that can handle the special coating technique needed for Lexus cars that have the Liquid Platinum exterior color paint process. This makes me feel better if any type of repainting is ever necessary. Certainly Lexus would not offer a paint process that could not be duplicated in a quality auto/body paint shop.
Old 12-14-14, 07:47 PM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Even Sewell's superior paint quality cannot match the OEM 100%. The metallic texture is different if u look at it very closely, I'm talking when looking at 3-5 inch from the paint. I'd say their paint is 99.8% match, which is very good compared to other places. The LP OEM has a very soft metallic texture to it.
Old 12-14-14, 07:55 PM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by ItzFilyO
Even Sewell's superior paint quality cannot match the OEM 100%. The metallic texture is different if u look at it very closely, I'm talking when looking at 3-5 inch from the paint. I'd say their paint is 99.8% match, which is very good compared to other places. The LP OEM has a very soft metallic texture to it.
Hope I never need to fine out...
Old 12-14-14, 09:17 PM
dougm213
Intermediate

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by bclexus
I just found this message from Jim Sowle (Director at Sewell Lexus Certified Collision Center) here in Dallas, TX. I suspect all Lexus dealerships have facilities that can handle the special coating technique needed for Lexus cars that have the Liquid Platinum exterior color paint process. This makes me feel better if any type of repainting is ever necessary. Certainly Lexus would not offer a paint process that could not be duplicated in a quality auto/body paint shop.
Given that I getting a new back bumper - Liquid Platinum, what should I ask the body shop about the special coating technique?
Old 12-14-14, 09:28 PM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

I think a Lexus Certified body shop should know about this.
Old 12-14-14, 09:35 PM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

U know speaking of LP paint. I just remember how hard it was for me to find a touch up paint for this color (1J2). Out of 3 Lexus dealers only 1 had some in stock and that is very limited quantity (only 2 left I think). They had to order it and will take at least 2 weeks. Forget Toyota dealers, they can't even order any. I didn't know it was this hard for LP, Toyota's own silver color (1F7) was very easy, every dealer has them in stock. Now I really treasure that touch up paint! lol and just picked up a 1E3 touch up for my wheels too.

Quick Reply: Let the Liquid Shine!