compared to g37

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-14, 04:38 AM
gyukang2
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default compared to g37

Hi guys
I own a 2009 g37x couoe and I am considering to upgrade my car.
How is gs350 awd f sport compared to my x coupe?
Is lexus noticeably slower?
I am so sure that lexus would feel more luxurious!
anybody came from g coupe or sedan?
Thank you for your time!
Old 11-11-14, 05:45 AM
tedbird
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just went from a 2007 G35x to a 2014 GS350 AWD. The cons are the Lexus is noticeably slower and the steering has much less feedback. The pros are a much nicer interior and a huge improvement in comfort. The Lexus just has an overall supple feel that was lacking in the G35x.
Old 11-11-14, 10:10 AM
2SwiFt29
Lexus Test Driver

Went from a '11 G37S Sedan to a '14 GS350 F-Sport, I couldn't be more happier. Different cars IMO. Though the G37S had great power and handling, I couldn't be more happier going to a F-Sport. It may be lacking a bit in power but you'll feel a bit more power in Sport+ mode only because I drive in ECO mode most of the time. Also handling is probably on par or even better when in Sport+ mode than the G37S.

Love the bigger screen and the interior lighting illumination in the GS. Overall technology is better and built quality of the interior is better in the GS.

Bigger car but better styling if you get the F-Sport. Rather drive in comfort but knowing there's still power in the GS350. You won't regret it.
Old 11-11-14, 10:15 AM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,046 Likes on 661 Posts

The interior itself is already a win for Lexus and more comfortable for long drives.

I've rented a 2011 G37 Sedan before and while it's nice but the GS is just a better car overall.
Old 11-11-14, 10:17 AM
sick21
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

My mom had a '13 RWD G37 S Coupe that I drove frequently and I have a RWD F Sport. I wouldn't say that the GS is that much slower. Id actually say they are pretty similar. The driving position is a lot more comfy, I could never get adjusted right in the G coupe. My biggest complaint with the G coupe is that the frameless window goes down after you unlatch the door to open it so the window would get hung on the seal if you did it too quick and the door was long and heavy. My CC, the window would come down as soon as you pulled the handle before it unlatched, worked better. I really like the GS, it's a light car and the steering is super responsive. Go test drive one!!
Old 11-11-14, 10:29 AM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by sick21
My mom had a '13 RWD G37 S Coupe that I drove frequently and I have a RWD F Sport. I wouldn't say that the GS is that much slower. Id actually say they are pretty similar. The driving position is a lot more comfy, I could never get adjusted right in the G coupe. My biggest complaint with the G coupe is that the frameless window goes down after you unlatch the door to open it so the window would get hung on the seal if you did it too quick and the door was long and heavy. My CC, the window would come down as soon as you pulled the handle before it unlatched, worked better. I really like the GS, it's a light car and the steering is super responsive. Go test drive one!!
The RC's windows are like that too.
Old 11-11-14, 10:55 AM
blacksun
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

My wife currently drives a G37 (RWD) and it feels quicker than my GS350 (AWD) off the line. But I find the Infiniti's throttle is too touchy around town sometimes. The GS350 is much smoother in stop and go traffic and can really pull once you get into the engine's sweet spot. There is no comparison between the two on the interior and seats, the GS is a different class.
Old 11-11-14, 11:31 AM
sick21
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by ItzFilyO
The RC's windows are like that too.
That suuuucks, I hate that!!! I mean a coupe vs a fairly large sedan is definitely different, and the price of the GS is a lot more. I have two babies so I never could get an S5, but I don't think I'd actually be able to live with only 2 doors. I'm always using the back seat for something or someone. And the trunk on the GS is perfect. It can fit our double stroller and largest suitcase. I can't even fit that stroller in my sisters '14 Grand Cherokee. So I was pretty impressed on our first road trip with my car
Old 11-11-14, 11:52 AM
gyukang2
Driver School Candidate

Thank you guys!
G37 is set to high torque so it kinda feels slow at first.
Does gs350 start slowly as g37 or start off quicker?
Thank you again!
Old 11-11-14, 12:07 PM
sick21
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by gyukang2
Thank you guys!
G37 is set to high torque so it kinda feels slow at first.
Does gs350 start slowly as g37 or start off quicker?
Thank you again!
I'd say it starts off slow as well, that's why I mentioned they are similar. Definitely not a car for burnouts lol
Old 11-11-14, 12:08 PM
yardie876
Lexus Champion

Received 87 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by gyukang2
Thank you guys! G37 is set to high torque so it kinda feels slow at first. Does gs350 start slowly as g37 or start off quicker? Thank you again!
The GS is similar where you will really feel most of the power higher is the rev range. Love it though. That's where you'll really hear it growl.
Old 11-11-14, 12:24 PM
Afrosheen
Lexus Test Driver

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Different personalities. The G37 engine is alot more square (nearly equal hp and torque) whereas the Lexus v6 sacrifices torque for hp. Anytime you have a setup like that you won't have a tire-burning blast off from red lights but once the engine crosses to the higher hp part of the curve it comes alive.

Plus the G37 transmission is way different. The GS discourages shenanigans and so first gear is very conservative. It's not until you hit second that the engine warms up. The G37 on the other hand, is born for shenanigans and will burn rubber at every stoplight in first. I miss my old G35 sedan sometimes because it was so tossable and willing, but the tradeoffs compared to my F Sport...I could never go back.
Old 11-11-14, 04:13 PM
thholr
Rookie

I just sold my G37 4 door for the GS350 F-sport yesterday
. Neither was all wheel drive. They are very different cars indeed.
The G is quick, nimble, a little rough around the edges , and had some luxury built in.
The GS350 is a much bigger car and much more luxurious. It feels slower but I think that is because the G was much louder and had more low end tourque. I think the infinti was 5.2 sec to 60 and the lexus is 5.6. So not a huge difference. The steering feel is pretty darn close. The infiniti was more fun because you could toss is into a corner, kick the back end out and slide nicely through the corner. The lexus is a different kind of car. I have not had a chance to get 100% used to the rear wheel steering yet. It is still fast and fun to drive, just cant toss the weight around as much. But you gain ten fold on the luxury and fit and finish.
Old 11-12-14, 09:23 AM
Ramon
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Afrosheen
Different personalities. The G37 engine is alot more square (nearly equal hp and torque) whereas the Lexus v6 sacrifices torque for hp. Anytime you have a setup like that you won't have a tire-burning blast off from red lights but once the engine crosses to the higher hp part of the curve it comes alive.
It's actually the other way around. G37 has a larger displacement engine with less torque than the GS and it's peak HP output comes on at a higher RPM.
Old 11-12-14, 10:23 AM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

The GS will show its muscle at 4K+ RPM.

Quick Reply: compared to g37