GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Rc f

Old 11-15-14, 07:51 PM
tknx
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ice350
I still can't understand why you guys are making so many negative comments about something that's not for you. You don't understand coupes.
Coupe lovers don't care about rear seat room.
Coupe lovers don't care about practicality.
It's about that long hood and short rear deck. It's about that long front door making it easy to get in and out of. It's about the styling. It's about the cool factor. It's about the handling performance. It's about the sexy.
You like big sedans, that's fine. But why rag on something that's not your thing.
Crap interiors are crap interiors. You are paying GS+ money for an IS interior.

Heavy cars also also have their limitations. A GTR or Vette will destroy it, a Cayman will be more fun to drive, and so on....

And if you are cross-shopping an M4 - then it has more interior space, lighter weight, and less compromises while being as good or better. So again the RC seems to lose.

So if you are all show, which it sounds like you are, then maybe the RC is worth it. But a lot of people are going to look at you and think "sucker, I would have gotten a Cayman instead"
Old 11-15-14, 08:56 PM
dchar
Lexus Champion

Received 223 Likes on 178 Posts

Originally Posted by Ice350
I still can't understand why you guys are making so many negative comments about something that's not for you. You don't understand coupes.
Coupe lovers don't care about rear seat room.
Coupe lovers don't care about practicality.
It's about that long hood and short rear deck. It's about that long front door making it easy to get in and out of. It's about the styling. It's about the cool factor. It's about the handling performance. It's about the sexy.
You like big sedans, that's fine. But why rag on something that's not your thing.
Well if you think "coupe lovers" don't care about practicality or rear seat room, then why even bother looking at the RC? Why not get something that's 2 doors with only 2 seats (I.e., Cayman, Corvette, F-type, Evora). Way sexier, way cooler, better handling, more performance, less weight.

RC is more of a GT car, but it doesn't have the space or luxury to be a good one. If I was in the market for a 4-seat coupe, I would probably pick the M4 over the RCF because it handles better, has a roomier interior, and I can use it more everyday. That's what these cars are for...daily drivers!

Lexus went the wrong way by making the interior so small and basing it on the IS. This car would've been more competitive if the interior was better packaged and the car was much lighter (hint: use aluminum). The RCF could've been a home run for Lexus if they made it as light (or lighter) than the M4. It might be enough to to excuse the interior. They did one thing right though, and that's putting that awesome V8.
Old 11-16-14, 08:40 AM
coach1
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I do think the RC-F will be a home run for Lexus.....for those who want a sport coupe. Not all of us are looking for that. I wouldn't give two cents for a M4 BMW even if it did out perform the Lexus because, the only time it can, is when it isn't in the shop....same goes for it's German counter parts....Mercedes & Audi. I don't like hearing Lexus Dealerships are taking advantage of the new release. That will be short lived as soon as the pipeline is filled with inventory. The sound of the new 5.0L V8 is exciting.
I didn't start this thread to begin a coupe war (who is the best), but simply to get impressions from those who have seen the new RC-F and how it compares to other Lexus models.
Old 11-16-14, 12:51 PM
damtachoa
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't know why people keep comparing RC with M4 when M4 $80K and RC $53K. Is the engine of M4 really that worth $27K different?
Old 11-16-14, 01:47 PM
ohsown
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey, I'm not knocking it, I like it but its too small for me shoulder to shoulder. The IS350 got me in the showroom when the Mercedes coupe was what got me going. Bring on a GS coupe and I'm your Huckleberry! A little more low end grunt wouldn't hurt while you're at it.
Old 11-16-14, 02:03 PM
RNM GS3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 59 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by damtachoa
I don't know why people keep comparing RC with M4 when M4 $80K and RC $53K. Is the engine of M4 really that worth $27K different?
RCF and M4 cost about the same. (65k-80k depending on options)

RC350 competes with 428i/435i
Old 11-16-14, 04:28 PM
Seize
Loves Snickerdoodles!

Received 68 Likes on 53 Posts

Guys, this is the 4GS forum. If you guys would like to continue your discussion about the RC-F then please do so in it's own forum.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rc-f-259/