GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Rc f

Old 11-11-14, 03:17 PM
tknx
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did a little investigating on the frameless mirror. The Toyota FT86 has one in Japan - but no electrochromic dimming and no homelink. Can find on the internet for like $90.

Didn't look at the RC-F one when I was there to see if it had those features. But those would be essential for any replacement IMO.
Old 11-11-14, 04:01 PM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,046 Likes on 661 Posts

Originally Posted by onexcite
My 4GS salesman told me no test drive for the LS, I even gave him a $50 gift card when I pick up my 4GS. Came back another time a different guy offer me the key and told me take the LS for 30 minutes drive by myself. Couple months later I came back and bought another car with a trade in from the new salesman. The 4GS salesman came up and ask me why not asking for him. I told him you didn't let me test drive the LS.

So if they won't offer you test drive, move to the next salesman. They all line up at buyer's disposable. I'll take the IS over the RC without a blink.
Funny thing is he let me test drive the LS460 FSport without even asking for ID.
Old 11-11-14, 08:37 PM
yardie876
Lexus Champion

Received 87 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by tknx
Did a little investigating on the frameless mirror. The Toyota FT86 has one in Japan - but no electrochromic dimming and no homelink. Can find on the internet for like $90. Didn't look at the RC-F one when I was there to see if it had those features. But those would be essential for any replacement IMO.
Yup it has those features. It's pretty cool as the icons flow through the mirror when activated.
Attached Thumbnails Rc f-image-3179737195.jpg  
Old 11-11-14, 08:44 PM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,046 Likes on 661 Posts

I kinda like our current mirror style better.
Old 11-12-14, 10:28 AM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

You guys who love the GS shouldn't be allowed to comment on the RC if you can't put it in it's proper perspective.
Why would you compare a sport luxury sedan interior with a sporty, GT-type coupe.
It's not supposed to have as much room. Except legroom in the front. Wide space and rear space will be less. I love coupes. I could care less about rear seat room. No one sits in my sedan. With a coupe, no one will even ask and I don't have to explain why I don't carry people in the rear.
I do agree I wish Lexus had not used that center console which looks like the IS cars. But it's the sport designed theme Lexus has decided to use. Derived from the LFA. It's not ugly. It's not cheap looking.
I sold one this weekend to an older man who lives 60 miles from the dealer. It was late night when the deal was completed and he didn't want to drive it home being new and it was dark.
I happily agreed to deliver the car s I could get a chance for a long distance drive.
I was slightly disappointed it has so many mannerisms of the GS. I wish they had not used the same motor. After that I was in love and still plan to get one next year. Its a coupe. Its a Lexus. I'm back in love with my favorite brand. I was gonna jump ship for a 650 or G37 IPL or something. Now I can stay where I belong.

If you're not into coupes, why are you criticizing this car so much. It's not for you. Don't spread negativity for something you can't relate to.
Old 11-12-14, 11:00 AM
dchar
Lexus Champion

Received 223 Likes on 178 Posts

Originally Posted by Ice350
You guys who love the GS shouldn't be allowed to comment on the RC if you can't put it in it's proper perspective.
Why would you compare a sport luxury sedan interior with a sporty, GT-type coupe.
It's not supposed to have as much room. Except legroom in the front. Wide space and rear space will be less. I love coupes. I could care less about rear seat room. No one sits in my sedan. With a coupe, no one will even ask and I don't have to explain why I don't carry people in the rear.
I do agree I wish Lexus had not used that center console which looks like the IS cars. But it's the sport designed theme Lexus has decided to use. Derived from the LFA. It's not ugly. It's not cheap looking.
I sold one this weekend to an older man who lives 60 miles from the dealer. It was late night when the deal was completed and he didn't want to drive it home being new and it was dark.
I happily agreed to deliver the car s I could get a chance for a long distance drive.
I was slightly disappointed it has so many mannerisms of the GS. I wish they had not used the same motor. After that I was in love and still plan to get one next year. Its a coupe. Its a Lexus. I'm back in love with my favorite brand. I was gonna jump ship for a 650 or G37 IPL or something. Now I can stay where I belong.

If you're not into coupes, why are you criticizing this car so much. It's not for you. Don't spread negativity for something you can't relate to.
Wow...somebody likes the RC a little too much. People can have their own opinions and express them. That's what forums are for. The RC is a little too small even for its own class. There's no room in the front or the back. Seat doesn't go low enough and the center console impedes into legroom. It definitely feels smaller than competitors like the BMW 4 series. Most people need the flexibility of being able to carry passengers. They are also charging way too much for what you get. Maybe there will be better deals when the hype dies down. The RC may be a great car, but just not the car for people on this thread. Just expected more from Lexus...

Last edited by dchar; 11-12-14 at 11:04 AM.
Old 11-12-14, 11:54 AM
tknx
Pole Position

As I've said before. If the RC was a sports car, then nobody would care about the interior space. But it is more of a GT and then all that stuff matters. That and the loss of space and interior quality didn't seem to drop the weight enough. So now you basically have a coupe version of the GS with too many compromises.

Frankly I wish they had decided to go Cayman chasing rather than M4.
Old 11-13-14, 07:06 AM
Allen K
-0----0-

Received 564 Likes on 386 Posts

RC 350 AWD is leasing for $500/month w/ 4k down according to my local dealer's site. Just an FYI
Old 11-13-14, 10:36 AM
Afrosheen
Lexus Test Driver

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by tknx
As I've said before. If the RC was a sports car, then nobody would care about the interior space. But it is more of a GT and then all that stuff matters. That and the loss of space and interior quality didn't seem to drop the weight enough. So now you basically have a coupe version of the GS with too many compromises.

Frankly I wish they had decided to go Cayman chasing rather than M4.
Yeah it's full of compromise. The RC-F is the one to buy but even then the power doesn't solve the cramped interior. They should have chased the Cayman, totally agreed.
Old 11-13-14, 01:09 PM
coach1
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well I got my answer.....The general consensuses seems to be the same....too small, too expensive, and a little on the cheap side, sort of a two door version of the IS. I am very happy with the GS F we have and will consider this a test drive of the RC F for me. Thanks Guys.
Old 11-13-14, 02:36 PM
tknx
Pole Position

All that being said, it is very attractive.

I am more excited by the LC - but I am hoping they go for 911 pricing with it rather than 911 Turbo S pricing.

And regardless, if I buy a 2 door, it will have a convertible top.
Old 11-13-14, 11:07 PM
mso4
Pole Position

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

I'm in the market for another car in 6 months. I don't need a four door so a coupe is an option. But at this point I don't think I will consider the RC. I want more power than what this engine offers. I like the look but not that much. And I actually like the regular RC better than the RC-F. And yes it's too expensive for what it offers relative to the IS350.

And I like a change from the GS. So my options are the IS350 sedan (200 lbs lighter and sportier) or the M4. I'm thinking of the 435 too but I don't like the fact that it does not offer ventilated seats. With the M4 at least I can get the cloth seat as an option, much cooler than the leather seats in the regular 435.
Old 11-14-14, 05:18 AM
jjscsix
Racer

Received 69 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by mso4
I'm in the market for another car in 6 months. I don't need a four door so a coupe is an option. But at this point I don't think I will consider the RC. I want more power than what this engine offers. I like the look but not that much. And I actually like the regular RC better than the RC-F. And yes it's too expensive for what it offers relative to the IS350.

And I like a change from the GS. So my options are the IS350 sedan (200 lbs lighter and sportier) or the M4. I'm thinking of the 435 too but I don't like the fact that it does not offer ventilated seats. With the M4 at least I can get the cloth seat as an option, much cooler than the leather seats in the regular 435.
You and I have a lot in common. I too can do a coupe, and I am also fanatical about ventilated seats. I have 4 months left on my lease and am all over the place on my next car. Four of my options are Audis. I really like the S5 but it is lacking a lot of features for the money. Right now I'm craving an A7. I would do an S6 or RS5, but they are a little more than I want to spend.

To keep this on topic, I may try to see a RC at lunch today or tomorrow.
Old 11-14-14, 05:51 AM
ohsown
Rookie

I toyed with the idea of a Mercedes coupe. Saw the light and went Lexus. I tried on an IS350 but liked the fit of the GS350 better. I like the lines of the RC but know the size is not for me.
Old 11-15-14, 06:46 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I still can't understand why you guys are making so many negative comments about something that's not for you. You don't understand coupes.
Coupe lovers don't care about rear seat room.
Coupe lovers don't care about practicality.
It's about that long hood and short rear deck. It's about that long front door making it easy to get in and out of. It's about the styling. It's about the cool factor. It's about the handling performance. It's about the sexy.
You like big sedans, that's fine. But why rag on something that's not your thing.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Rc f