GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Non Ethenol Gas and 4GS

Old 11-05-14, 03:54 PM
ARISTOh
Lexus Test Driver

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Non Ethenol Gas and 4GS

Straight to the point.. Been using it for the past 4 weeks. Results: no more loud ticking from injectors, better gas mileage (crushing range went from 291 to 329 miles), and car performs a lot better with spirited driving. Found my nearest stations on www.pure-gas.org and I only pump 90 octane or better E0. Only problem.. Only 2 stations within 50 miles of my house.

Has anyone else tried using real gas?
How was your experience?
Old 11-05-14, 05:15 PM
ESsearch
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We have at a few locations here in KC, Mo. Hy-Vee groceries and some Quik-Trips. I agree, the car runs better and gas mileage is improved. It's worth the extra ten cents.

Pete
Old 11-06-14, 01:29 AM
AL13NV8D3R
Instructor

Received 33 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by ESsearch
We have at a few locations here in KC, Mo. Hy-Vee groceries and some Quik-Trips. I agree, the car runs better and gas mileage is improved. It's worth the extra ten cents.

Pete
Its more like 30 cents where I live for 100% E0 Premium gas but its still worth it. Also I disagree with OP post that ticking sound stops. There will always be a ticking sound because thats part of the Direct Injection technology and will never not have that sound. Believe me I know because I only use 100% Gas with zero ethanol. Sometimes our cars will not have the ticking sound only when its a cold start and engine needs to warm up quickly. In this case I notice no ticking so I assume that its the port fuel injection working while direct injection was in standby. Remember that our GS has both Port and Direct Injection.

Last edited by AL13NV8D3R; 11-06-14 at 01:47 AM.
Old 11-06-14, 02:40 AM
ARISTOh
Lexus Test Driver

I know this ticking will never go away but going from E10 to E0 tones it down tremendously. 90 octane E0 by me is $3.259 a gallon currently
Old 11-06-14, 04:59 AM
jvinhj240
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

have anyone try this product VW use this alot on their engine and I know ppl use this in their engine.

Amazon.com: Liqui Moly (3721) Cera Tec Friction Modifier - 300 ml: Automotive Amazon.com: Liqui Moly (3721) Cera Tec Friction Modifier - 300 ml: Automotive
Old 11-06-14, 06:11 AM
ARISTOh
Lexus Test Driver

I wouldn't use that. Now if I had a VW id use whatever help I can get to keep that engine running but not on a Lexus.. No need
Old 11-06-14, 06:18 AM
MichaelPea
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by AL13NV8D3R
Its more like 30 cents where I live for 100% E0 Premium gas but its still worth it. Also I disagree with OP post that ticking sound stops. There will always be a ticking sound because thats part of the Direct Injection technology and will never not have that sound. Believe me I know because I only use 100% Gas with zero ethanol. Sometimes our cars will not have the ticking sound only when its a cold start and engine needs to warm up quickly. In this case I notice no ticking so I assume that its the port fuel injection working while direct injection was in standby. Remember that our GS has both Port and Direct Injection.
Wow, it sounds like I'm being raked over the coals. There is only one station in the county that pumps ethanol free. Gas is around $3.15/g and the ethanol free is $5.00/g, cash only. I'm not putting it in my car because of the excessive cost but I am using in my non-diesel lawn equipment. By the way, it helps reduce consumption in lawn equipment a lot!
Old 11-06-14, 06:30 AM
GregCanada
Advanced

Received 51 Likes on 42 Posts

All of our 91/93/94 octane is E0 up here. My injectors still click (i'd assume normally). My mileage is 300-350+ per tank.
Old 11-06-14, 07:21 AM
moose66
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Interesting. My concern would be that many of these stations appear to be unbranded. Should that be a concern?
Old 11-06-14, 08:47 AM
AL13NV8D3R
Instructor

Originally Posted by MichaelPea
Wow, it sounds like I'm being raked over the coals. There is only one station in the county that pumps ethanol free. Gas is around $3.15/g and the ethanol free is $5.00/g, cash only. I'm not putting it in my car because of the excessive cost but I am using in my non-diesel lawn equipment. By the way, it helps reduce consumption in lawn equipment a lot!
At $5 per gallon i would take my business elsewhere. That station is gouging its customers just because they are the only ones that offer ethanol free gas. I would not even pay for 10% ethanol premium at that same location and you can forget about me going inside their station for food and drinks. There is only 1 gas station within 50 miles where i live that offers zero ethanol premium gas and they only charge 30 cents more, so they will forever get my business.
Old 11-06-14, 08:48 AM
HiepNotik
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This might be a stupid question but how do I know if my gas station is E0? I usually just put in the best gas Chevron or Shell has.

Thanks
Old 11-06-14, 08:56 AM
AL13NV8D3R
Instructor

Originally Posted by HiepNotik
This might be a stupid question but how do I know if my gas station is E0? I usually just put in the best gas Chevron or Shell has.

Thanks
Depending on the laws in your state, there should be a label right next to the octane number if it has ethanol in it or not. Careful not to accidently put in E85 that will kill your engine unless your car is flexfuel capable. Most gas stations will have about 10% ethanol mix. Some gas stations will have signs up advertising that there station has 100% gas and zero ethanol in order to bring in more customers. Or you can go inside and ask an employee yourself.
Old 11-06-14, 10:07 AM
MichaelPea
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by AL13NV8D3R
At $5 per gallon i would take my business elsewhere. That station is gouging its customers just because they are the only ones that offer ethanol free gas. I would not even pay for 10% ethanol premium at that same location and you can forget about me going inside their station for food and drinks. There is only 1 gas station within 50 miles where i live that offers zero ethanol premium gas and they only charge 30 cents more, so they will forever get my business.
I guess my point is that I have nowhere to take my business. We agree 100% that we're being gouged but there is little you can do about it since he's 'the only game in town". But as the market opens up to other vendors, I fully expect he's going to have a mighty hard time holding his current margins. I will continue to do business but only for lawn equipment and I'm only doing it in lawn equipment to avoid the hassle of fixing everything because of the ethanol damage.
Old 11-06-14, 10:10 AM
GregCanada
Advanced

Received 51 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by MichaelPea
Wow, that is higher than prices in Canada (for ethanol free, regular is stil $1/ gallon more)
Old 11-20-14, 09:47 AM
yardie876
Lexus Champion

Received 87 Likes on 73 Posts

Well, I just filled up with Rec-90 at $3.59 per gallon. Let's see how this tank goes.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Non Ethenol Gas and 4GS