GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

2014 gs350 FLORIDA PROBLEM?

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-14, 11:44 AM
JUPITERFL
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2014 gs350 FLORIDA PROBLEM?

Wonderful car. may not be a long term keeper... Like the front end.. back and sides do nothing for me .....YMMV...

Inside is neat and clean Like that.. The technology is way behind the curve as to apps and upgradable as new stuff comes out.. HAVING to use paid services from satellite radio instead of cell phone apps is NUTS in 2014/2015.. especially when cheaper newer Lexus already allow you do this..

NON upgradable tech via usb is crazy, Back up camera that is low rez is 5 years behind in technology and not having the indicator lines show direction of wheels in the video screen is just an example of why Lexus programers should work for chevy.. heck that is probably where they came from... AND to talk to tech flks and have them indicate they know they are behind and it should be upgradable and that cheaper lexus have better features is NUTS>

That said. The biggest problem I have.. and maybe it is a florida problem... Is I have this SNOW button.. Now when I push the Snow button I keep on hoping I will get at least an inch or two of snow... Now I am in south florida and perhaps that is too much toa sk for so ok 1/2 inch.. I will push the button multiple times..

The problem is no matter how many times I push it.. The light on the dash comes on and says SNOW but We do not get any. I have talked to service about this and they indicate that they do not think they can do anything about the problem.. I suspect if I was in Boston in January or vermont the darn button would work. but it seems that in july and august and even now in almost november. NOTHING. heck it was 87 degrees outside a few minutes ago..

As I said this might not be a keeper.. Anyone else having this problem with their Lexus? Why the heck do they have this button on the car if it does not work... I have tried other vehicles when in the dealership and none seem to work...

The heated seats work fine.. my back feels great. but NO SNOW.. Anyone have a contact at LExus Central? TOYOTA HEADQUARTERS? Anyone an attorney?

Anyone else not getting snow when they push their snow button on their new lexus??? Perhaps the car just has to break in a bit before it starts to work better. I do notice that the temperature is getting a bit cooler now that I press it in november verses when I pressed it in july......

SUGGESTIONS???

Thanks in advance... Remember Goofy lives just 2 hours from here...

YMMV
Old 10-29-14, 12:01 PM
FastTags
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

wait, you want to press the SNOW button and you expect the snow to appear on the roads?

hmmm well, perhaps smoking some ganja will fix your problem )
Old 10-29-14, 12:06 PM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,046 Likes on 661 Posts

Originally Posted by FastTags
hmmm well, perhaps smoking some ganja will fix your problem )
It will.

It's like ur wondering why when u put the gear in N for Night Mode the car won't move and R for Race Mode and u lose the race and ended up hitting the guy behind u.
Old 10-29-14, 12:09 PM
FastTags
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by ItzFilyO
It will.

It's like ur wondering why when u put the gear in N for Night Mode the car won't move and R for Race Mode and u lose the race and ended up hitting the car behind u.
Problem solved, go to the dealer, and demand them to give you a monthly supply of some Medical Grade Mary Jane,
Old 10-29-14, 12:12 PM
ZbynekZ
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't think you need more snow. Try to look up more in your nose

BTW: The funniest topic here
Old 10-29-14, 12:14 PM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,046 Likes on 661 Posts

Old 10-29-14, 12:23 PM
yardie876
Lexus Champion

Received 87 Likes on 73 Posts

Odd, my snow button works. And I'm in S Fla too. Maybe your snow reservoir is low. Take it to the dealer and demand them to refill it with "booger sugar" branded snow and report to us exactly what they say.
Old 10-29-14, 12:44 PM
obturator
Lead Lap

So many negatives--I wonder why u even bought the car. Biggest problem is that dang snow button doesn't even work! Although it never snows in Florida, I'd be pissed as hell too. Lol.
Old 10-29-14, 12:56 PM
richard203
Racer

Received 118 Likes on 104 Posts

this seems lke a troll thread. lol
Old 10-29-14, 12:56 PM
Rexus300
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by JUPITERFL
Wonderful car. may not be a long term keeper... Like the front end.. back and sides do nothing for me .....YMMV...

Inside is neat and clean Like that.. The technology is way behind the curve as to apps and upgradable as new stuff comes out.. HAVING to use paid services from satellite radio instead of cell phone apps is NUTS in 2014/2015.. especially when cheaper newer Lexus already allow you do this..

NON upgradable tech via usb is crazy, Back up camera that is low rez is 5 years behind in technology and not having the indicator lines show direction of wheels in the video screen is just an example of why Lexus programers should work for chevy.. heck that is probably where they came from... AND to talk to tech flks and have them indicate they know they are behind and it should be upgradable and that cheaper lexus have better features is NUTS>

That said. The biggest problem I have.. and maybe it is a florida problem... Is I have this SNOW button.. Now when I push the Snow button I keep on hoping I will get at least an inch or two of snow... Now I am in south florida and perhaps that is too much toa sk for so ok 1/2 inch.. I will push the button multiple times..

The problem is no matter how many times I push it.. The light on the dash comes on and says SNOW but We do not get any. I have talked to service about this and they indicate that they do not think they can do anything about the problem.. I suspect if I was in Boston in January or vermont the darn button would work. but it seems that in july and august and even now in almost november. NOTHING. heck it was 87 degrees outside a few minutes ago..

As I said this might not be a keeper.. Anyone else having this problem with their Lexus? Why the heck do they have this button on the car if it does not work... I have tried other vehicles when in the dealership and none seem to work...

The heated seats work fine.. my back feels great. but NO SNOW.. Anyone have a contact at LExus Central? TOYOTA HEADQUARTERS? Anyone an attorney?

Anyone else not getting snow when they push their snow button on their new lexus??? Perhaps the car just has to break in a bit before it starts to work better. I do notice that the temperature is getting a bit cooler now that I press it in november verses when I pressed it in july......

SUGGESTIONS???

Thanks in advance... Remember Goofy lives just 2 hours from here...

YMMV
You are a colossal idiot. Read the manual. Snow button is only to be used for when there is snow and allows for decrease engine power and uses 2nd gear from stop light to prevent slipping. Rear view camera on my GS has far better resolution the my Audi a8 and mercedes ml. Stop complaining and correct your grammar. You sound like you are high on something.
Old 10-29-14, 01:01 PM
FastTags
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by yardie876
Odd, my snow button works. And I'm in S Fla too. Maybe your snow reservoir is low. Take it to the dealer and demand them to refill it with "booger sugar" branded snow and report to us exactly what they say.
LMAO, snow reservoir ahahahahaha
Old 10-29-14, 02:35 PM
matt2421
Rookie

Received 12 Likes on 4 Posts

I live in Tampa and never really play with the snow button much. The only times I have ever messed with it is when I wash the car and clean the interior. I do notice that after cleaning the interior and messing with the snow button my driveway is still all wet. Figured it wasn't cold enough for the snow to stick and it just melted away. I know when I lived in DC and had my 06 GS 430 the snow button worked like a charm. but I think someone eluded to it already but the snow reservoir in the 3rd gen was much larger than it is in the 4th Gen...darn Lexus skimping on us again
Old 10-29-14, 02:40 PM
yardie876
Lexus Champion

Received 87 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by matt2421
but the snow reservoir in the 3rd gen was much larger than it is in the 4th Gen...darn Lexus skimping on us again
Curse Lexus for decreasing the reservoir size! My sister just asked me do you want to build a snowman. I told her I couldn't. She said ok, bye.
Old 10-29-14, 02:52 PM
Voogru
Driver

Received 21 Likes on 9 Posts

Your headlight fluid is probably low.
Old 10-29-14, 04:02 PM
GS3Tek

Received 162 Likes on 123 Posts

I don't know about you guys, but every time I push that button, I keep getting this guy on the radio

I prefer ICE because I like Vanilla Ice better.
Had it custom order from Lexus

Quick Reply: 2014 gs350 FLORIDA PROBLEM?