GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Just got my 2015 GS350 F-Sport Atomic Silver

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-14, 11:39 AM
MjThind
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RMK_ISF
Thanks!! Ah...I'm from Ventura just happened to know a few ppl at the T.O. Dlr. But yeah I know where NR Country Club is. Nice area too!
Dude you got to be kidding me I was raised in Ventura! Lived in the hills by Foothill Rd for 8 years! Who would've thought...
Old 10-29-14, 01:27 PM
ISF*LYF
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by chenalex
Have you thought about wrapping the roof?
I had that done on my white GS350 Fsport. If you look through my profile photos, I even had the front bumper matched CF twill wrapped too. However nice it was on the white GS I'm not to motivated to do the same to the Atomic Silver GS. I kinda like it as is.
Old 10-30-14, 08:52 AM
MjThind
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Personally I would think about gloss black wrap on the roof, it would make it look like it has panoramic roof. I've always like silver body and black roof scheme but it's not for everybody or every car...
Old 10-30-14, 08:54 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,520 Likes on 1,818 Posts

I actually don't care for the look on the GS. To look good I think it needs to have the window edges match up with the edge of the gloss back roof. It doesn't on the GS.
Old 10-30-14, 07:05 PM
dseag2
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

I'll have to admit, you've made me seriously consider trading my '13 GS for a '15 GS in Atomic Silver/Cabernet. That is probably the best exterior/interior combo. However, I want to drive the new RC first but unless it blows me away I doubt I will move away from the GS.

Of course, the other thing to consider is how substantial the '16 refresh will be. If history is any indicator, the car won't look much different, but these days Lexus is pulling some surprises out of the hat.
Old 10-30-14, 10:00 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,520 Likes on 1,818 Posts

Wait for the 2016...I will almost guarantee it will have at least a new front clip with the full spindle and new taillights, new wheels.
Old 10-30-14, 10:43 PM
ISF*LYF
Driver

Originally Posted by dseag2
I'll have to admit, you've made me seriously consider trading my '13 GS for a '15 GS in Atomic Silver/Cabernet. That is probably the best exterior/interior combo. However, I want to drive the new RC first but unless it blows me away I doubt I will move away from the GS.

Of course, the other thing to consider is how substantial the '16 refresh will be. If history is any indicator, the car won't look much different, but these days Lexus is pulling some surprises out of the hat.
The struggle is real!! LoL. Or better yet hold off for the GS-F 500hp (alleged) with all the luxury we can appreciate. Said to be launched in 2016. Btw the AS with Cabernet is stellar in person. Everything I see in the Race Coupe series looks solid, RC350 F-Sprt RC-F styling got me drooling! I'm sold on this GS though...just enough getup (future Invidia exhaust plans with X-pipe) and plenty of comfort!
Old 10-30-14, 10:55 PM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,046 Likes on 661 Posts

Problem is the RC will have the IS interior, so that means it'll be super tight inside just like the IS. Plus that screen is just too damn small after having the GS screen. Looks like I'm going to have to pass on that one.

Now if it's a GS Coupe then it'll be a different story.
Old 10-31-14, 06:28 PM
RNM GS3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 62 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by dseag2

RC will not blow u away, its ok.
Under WOT, GS is actually louder inside due to sound generator.

I personally think the IS350 is the best choice of the 3, if u dont need the extra rear room.

My lease is up in 2016 so im very interested to see what updates the GS will get, chief among them - it needs a new Engine badly!
The lease prices on the GS are unreal right now too - hope they last until 2016.

Last edited by RNM GS3; 10-31-14 at 06:34 PM.
Old 11-02-14, 03:24 PM
ISF*LYF
Driver

Quick question for anyone/everyone. Does anyone have good sound clips for the Invidia Q300 Full Exhaust w/X-pipe? I want to purchase but have not found much on this. I contacted someone at Redline so they can talk to Invidia for fitment on the 2015 GS350 FSprt. Redline says a 2014 "should fit" the 2015, but don't want to run on should.
Old 11-03-14, 04:09 AM
FastTags
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ItzFilyO
Problem is the RC will have the IS interior, so that means it'll be super tight inside just like the IS. Plus that screen is just too damn small after having the GS screen. Looks like I'm going to have to pass on that one.

Now if it's a GS Coupe then it'll be a different story.
Spot on, that why I cancled my order of RC
Old 11-05-14, 02:52 PM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by wfibear
If you do that, make sure to post back For reference, the part number that Sewell sends out and lists on their page as being fine for the 13/14 GS is 75443-53270. (Edit: This is the one that has the improper curve; Sewell says it's right but it appears not to be...)

As it is, it appears to fit reasonably well even though it isn't perfect. None of the factory emblems on the car sit flush either and you can see 1-2mm of the adhesive backing between the body panel and the emblems, although they do have the proper curve. The F Sport trunk badge is a little less even due to lacking that proper curve but again you only see that around the edges. From any normal viewing angle it's hard to tell the difference. But if details are your thing, it might stick in the back of your mind a bit. I'll definitely post pics tomorrow, I'm at work right now so I can't.
Hey wifibear, any pics of the emblem? I'm about to pull the trigger from Sewell and convert mine to 2015. And I've looked everywhere and the part number seems to be the same as urs.
Old 11-05-14, 03:04 PM
HiepNotik
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Got my F-Sport badge on, how's it look? does it look like a 2015? Theres actually no visible gap like someone mentioned.

Old 11-05-14, 03:21 PM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by HiepNotik
Got my F-Sport badge on, how's it look? does it look like a 2015? Theres actually no visible gap like someone mentioned.
That looks like a perfect fit to me. Thanks Hiep!

But is it just me or the GS rear looks weird with that badge? Now I'm having second thoughts..
Old 11-05-14, 03:29 PM
Sosodef79
Pole Position

Originally Posted by HiepNotik

Looks Sweet! got mine this week too. Will slap it on soon. Worried i will put it on crooked lol

Quick Reply: Just got my 2015 GS350 F-Sport Atomic Silver