GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Weak FSport Wheel Paint!

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-14, 05:51 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,500 Likes on 1,803 Posts

Originally Posted by sick21
While this may be true, how many cars have wheels that lose paint that easily? I really hope I don't developed this issue.
Some of this **** they use at carwashes is really harsh stuff. Wheel cleaners especially, and they spray them on hot wheels, when in reality the cleaners don't really do anything anyways. When I detailed cars professionally I saw it all the time...
Old 10-17-14, 11:02 AM
Afrosheen
Lexus Test Driver

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by ilv1004s
yeah gave up after 1 hour of argument
Lawyer up. Wheel refinishing isn't cheap, but a new attorney may be more persuasive with a greasy car wash. They have to be insured against damage, pure and simple.
Old 10-17-14, 11:13 AM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,046 Likes on 661 Posts

I wonder if u have the Wheel and Tire protection plan will cover stuff like this and carwash incidents like that?
Old 10-17-14, 07:06 PM
dseag2
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by ItzFilyO
Is there a limit on the number of claims u can have for the Wheel and Tire Protection? I have the Plus one.
I've taken my GS in 3 times for refinishing due to curb rash under the Wheel and Tire Protection and they haven't said I'm running out of stickers yet. I'm pretty careful, but my gym has an underground parking garage with a very narrow turn and high curbs and, dammit, I can never judge just how sharply to cut the wheels.
Old 10-17-14, 07:27 PM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by dseag2
I've taken my GS in 3 times for refinishing due to curb rash under the Wheel and Tire Protection and they haven't said I'm running out of stickers yet. I'm pretty careful, but my gym has an underground parking garage with a very narrow turn and high curbs and, dammit, I can never judge just how sharply to cut the wheels.
So there is no limit on how many times u can claim?

I'm not saying I want them touching my car more than they should but crap do happens. lol
Old 10-18-14, 12:01 PM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

So I brought it in and the service manager said they won't replace it but fix it cause I have the wheel protection plan. What a bummer. Well as long as it looks perfect I guess it's ok.
Old 10-18-14, 06:56 PM
dseag2
Lexus Champion

So I brought it in and the service manager said they won't replace it but fix it cause I have the wheel protection plan. What a bummer. Well as long as it looks perfect I guess it's ok.
It is my rear passenger-side wheel that has been refinished 3 times because that is the one that is most difficult to judge with curbs. No one but me (when washing my car) would see any difference from the other wheels. You should be just fine!
Old 10-18-14, 07:42 PM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by dseag2
It is my rear passenger-side wheel that has been refinished 3 times because that is the one that is most difficult to judge with curbs. No one but me (when washing my car) would see any difference from the other wheels. You should be just fine!
I think they're going to spot-fix my wheel, I prefer that one that refinishing the whole wheel actually. I don't think they're going to do the whole thing. We'll see on Wednesday, man that's a long time to wait. lol

I didn't see any 2015 GS on their lot today, in fact they only had 1 GS left on the lot but lots of 2015 IS there. And I got to test drive a 2014 LS FSport. Normally they don't have any LS on the lot, forget the FSport.. but this time they had 5 LS460 and 1 FSport and I told my sales manager u gotta let me test drive this one man.
Old 10-20-14, 08:09 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,500 Likes on 1,803 Posts

Originally Posted by Afrosheen
Lawyer up. Wheel refinishing isn't cheap, but a new attorney may be more persuasive with a greasy car wash. They have to be insured against damage, pure and simple.
I agree with the sentiment, but its not worth the cost.
Old 10-21-14, 06:04 PM
ohsown
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default First curb rash

Ouch. I just grazed a curb ysesterday and heard the scrape of my wheel on cement. Never have I done this in 40 years. I have had a scrub or two on tires but never rim contact, I couldn't believe it and am more than a little PO'd. Okay, my fault but wow. 2 spots with rough metal about two inches long each. It does'nt look too bad I sure hope it is repairable. Should I just opt for a new wheel?
No pic available right now.
Old 10-21-14, 06:09 PM
dseag2
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by ohsown
Ouch. I just grazed a curb ysesterday and heard the scrape of my wheel on cement. Never have I done this in 40 years. I have had a scrub or two on tires but never rim contact, I couldn't believe it and am more than a little PO'd. Okay, my fault but wow. 2 spots with rough metal about two inches long each. It does'nt look too bad I sure hope it is repairable. Should I just opt for a new wheel?
No pic available right now.
Lexus can refinish the wheel. I've done it 3 times. Rear passenger side wheel I'm guessing?
Old 10-21-14, 06:18 PM
ohsown
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Front passenger actually. I think the first rub then second just further back on rim when I turned away. I would have thought the tire would touch first.
Old 10-21-14, 07:48 PM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Okay I dropped the car off at the dealer today and they'll work on it all day tomorrow, we'll see how good the repair guy is.

Meanwhile, I got a 2015 IS250 with Premium pack as a loaner.

I had a choice between the ES or IS but I specifically asked for the IS cause I wanna see if I can live with this car. The IS was my first choice but I ended up with a GS.

I can tell u right now I did not regret getting the GS at all. This IS is a really tight fit inside and I'm Asian and only 5,7 and still feel tight. hahah Plus everything in the GS is just better and I miss my ML system already.
Old 10-21-14, 11:06 PM
Afrosheen
Lexus Test Driver

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

I can tell u right now I did not regret getting the GS at all. This IS is a really tight fit inside and I'm Asian and only 5,7 and still feel tight. hahah Plus everything in the GS is just better and I miss my ML system already.
The IS loaner I got last time was actually pretty good, but the GS screen spoils you so hard, the IS screen looks like a postage stamp. That and the ML system has no peer in its class.
Old 10-22-14, 07:59 AM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Hahah that's right! But this IS handles good! But for long drives is no good.

I snapped some pics this morning before I return it later today.

Quick Reply: Weak FSport Wheel Paint!