GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

lowered a lease... dealership mad?

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-14, 09:57 AM
SBM1206
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As have been mentioned already by others on this board the dealer has no case here. After the sale is completed it is between you and the leasing company. Just tell the dealer that you going to ignore their request and will service your car at some other dealership. You may also call Lexus Financial Services and complain.
Old 09-25-14, 10:01 AM
UtoyZ
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just to share my experience, I returned my leased 2014 IS250 with coilovers, BBK front and rear, and aftermarket wheels. I just brought all the stock parts and they swapped em for me. I'm guessing it all depends on the dealership. Oh and btw, there are people here who rolled and pulled their fenders on a leased car which is totally irreversible.
Old 09-25-14, 10:02 AM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,046 Likes on 661 Posts

Just tell them ur going to buy the car, case closed. Why take off the springs because a dealer may start a drama?
Old 09-25-14, 11:58 AM
jjscsix
Racer

Received 69 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by BrooksLC
I'm not sure how it's transpired, haven't had it serviced there since lowering.
Just taking springs off tomorrow to avoid any drama and hopeful to sell them. They were so great, I'm truly bummed. They made the car look and feel so good.
It'll be hard having a car I can't touch. Still a beauty.
Your wording here makes it sound like you are turning your car in now. Have we been told the whole story? If so, have you read the contract yet?
Old 09-25-14, 02:28 PM
Kayman
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Don't take anything off until the end of lease at which time the car has to be 'restored' to original condition in fine print. Agree with earlier poster that dealership has zero say in this as it is a leased vehicle. If the dealership is going to keep the car on their resale lot at end of lease then perhaps they won't say anything as they want to sell you another car and another buyer would be happy to have lowered. Tell us who the lousy dealer is so we can all avoid.

Just springs right?
Old 09-25-14, 05:24 PM
cremaster
Lead Lap

Received 70 Likes on 35 Posts

very bizarre, never heard of this before. you sure a friend of yours didn't prank call you?
Old 09-25-14, 07:29 PM
FastTags
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by DaSyce
Sounds like a scam; you can do anything you want to the lease as long as you restore it before the term ends. You don’t own the can, but neither does the dealership, car belongs to the leasing bank / Lexus Financial Services. LFS is a separate entity from a local, privately run Lexus dealership

Upon returning the lease, you are responsible to restore it to factory condition. I would tell the dealership to back off and not to worry about my lease as it will no longer be serviced by them.
I have to agree here, the car is owned by a bank not the dealer, so they cant make you do anything, plus there is a chance that you may keep it. This is BS dont buy into it. They cant do anything, worst case tis that they wont service it.
Old 09-25-14, 09:07 PM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,046 Likes on 661 Posts

Here, do this to ur dealer, get 'em back!

Old 09-25-14, 10:26 PM
RTIS250
Yes. I drove the LFA.

Received 38 Likes on 23 Posts

Id leave it... Ive leased 5 different cars in the past 6 years, and every single one of them was modded. Most of them i returned lowered, tinted, etc...
Old 09-25-14, 11:39 PM
BrooksLC
Driver School Candidate

im really honestly thinking about seeing if i can turn it in and buy a 2nd gen GS or LS to start a VIP build and nobody can tell me **** about it
Old 09-25-14, 11:46 PM
BrooksLC
Driver School Candidate

i see it as a motivating factor, to have me wanna go out and buy a lexus. i shouldn't mod a lease anyway, it's like buying clothes for a kid i'm babysitting, just to wear while it's with me. pointless.
Old 09-26-14, 08:24 AM
mikedozz
Instructor

Received 59 Likes on 43 Posts

I don't see it that...u spend good money to rent that car. Think of it as renting a hot chick for the weekend and buying her clothes you want to see her wear....lol.

All jokes aside, screw them, don't discourage yourself based on BS! Happy modding
Old 09-26-14, 08:54 AM
BrooksLC
Driver School Candidate

im making calls all around, to get info. after reviewing lease agreement and warranty info, there's nothing there stating they can penalize, fine or repossess for after-market mods. i've called the dealership service center after speaking with warranty reps, service dealership reps were very standoffish and bullheaded. finally got in touch with service manager, he understands everything and is speaking with sales dept to find out what they mean by it all. he is very helpful and about to call back with more details.
i'd really rather not reverse it. it looks too good..... plus i just bought spacers lolololol
Old 09-26-14, 08:59 AM
praetor
Racer

Received 132 Likes on 92 Posts

Originally Posted by BrooksLC
i see it as a motivating factor, to have me wanna go out and buy a lexus. i shouldn't mod a lease anyway, it's like buying clothes for a kid i'm babysitting, just to wear while it's with me. pointless.
No. Modifying a leased car is like drinking a beer. You know you're just going to **** it out shortly after but you did enjoy it while it last. LOL
Old 09-26-14, 10:12 AM
LexRuger
Pole Position

Received 186 Likes on 117 Posts

Maybe I missed it but I'd like to know what dealer this is?

Quick Reply: lowered a lease... dealership mad?