GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Iphone 6+ bluetooth

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-14, 03:24 PM
smomin23
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jbc247
I got the 6 yesterday and was able to pair the phone, but the phone calls wouldn't route through the car's speakerphone. Phone book and everything loaded. I'm in a 2014 GX. Everything worked fine with the 5S on iOS 7 and 8.
Same problem. I really hope they fix this up with a software update
Old 09-23-14, 02:13 AM
drnelly
Driver School Candidate

2014 GS 350 F-Sport showing same issue here. It seems as if the routing from the bluetooth stream to the car speakers kicks in first to immediately switch to the car speakerphone before the call gets muted.

What's even more strange is that the steering wheel controls stop working as well.

Bluetooth streaming and Enform apps work as expected.

I'm afraid this is an issue with iOS 8, and from what I can gather, it will take at least 7-8 weeks for the first iOS point update.
Old 09-23-14, 05:51 AM
StlGasMan
Pit Crew

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jesseric
I am having the same problem. It shows it's connected but when you dial out it does not work. And when someone calls in it rings but you cannot pick up from the pick up icon from the car. Any suggestions????
Same problem. Pairs but doesn't work
Old 09-23-14, 05:58 AM
jtrue28
Lead Lap

Received 206 Likes on 140 Posts

2013 F-Sport.
iPhone 6+

Calls work fine. I'm able to dial out, calls come in and I can hang-up from the steering wheel.

iPod functions work well too, through BT.

Have you all tried deleting the phone from the car and re-pairing it?
Old 09-23-14, 06:36 AM
drnelly
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by jtrue28
2013 F-Sport.
iPhone 6+

Calls work fine. I'm able to dial out, calls come in and I can hang-up from the steering wheel.

iPod functions work well too, through BT.

Have you all tried deleting the phone from the car and re-pairing it?
Yes, deleted and re-paired multiple times. No avail.

Interesting that 13s and 14s show different behavior. It could be an issue on the 14s and not iOS8 then...
Old 09-23-14, 06:45 AM
jtrue28
Lead Lap

Another data point could also be the TSB for Bluetooth that was released last year. I had to have the fix applied to my vehicle because icons would be greyed out for BT settings.
Old 09-23-14, 06:45 AM
Igor911
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mine also works just fine in my 13. No issues what so ever.
Old 09-23-14, 09:39 AM
drnelly
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by jtrue28
Another data point could also be the TSB for Bluetooth that was released last year. I had to have the fix applied to my vehicle because icons would be greyed out for BT settings.
Any chance you have access to the TSB "bulletin number"? I'm taking it in today and would like to have a backup for laziness.

Thanks in advance!
Old 09-23-14, 11:45 AM
MH6
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

2 Iphone 5S's updated to IOS 8, no problems on our 2013 GS350.
Still cant use pe loaded text response's.... which is a bummer.
Old 09-23-14, 01:37 PM
jkeller
Advanced

Received 74 Likes on 60 Posts

For the folks having problems, when you got the new iPhone, did you set it up through iTunes, iCloud or did you set it up as a new phone? It sounds like there is some setting on the new phone that is different from the old one. I set my iPhone 6 up through iTunes using my laptop. That way the new one has all the settings, photos, songs, wallpapers etc as the old one. If you've made backups to to iTunes or iCloud you could try reseting and restoring through one of those. But make SURE you have a previous backup of your old phone first.
Old 09-23-14, 01:44 PM
jtrue28
Lead Lap

Yeah, I set it up from a backup through my PC with iTunes. All settings transferred as you would expect.
Old 09-23-14, 04:56 PM
TruPlaya26
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have the iPhone 6+ and a 2013 GS350 F-Sport and it pairs fine at first. When I use the BT for music it works as normal, but when I try to make or receive calls it simply doesn't work. I see the name and number of my call on the vehicle's screen but I can't talk or hear anything, and the steering wheel controls don't work. I've had an iPhone 5 and a 5s paired to this car in the past and had no issues like this. I don't know if it's a phone issue or an issue with the car but it's frustrating. If anyone finds a fix please let me know.
Old 09-23-14, 07:29 PM
mcolommena
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TruPlaya26
I have the iPhone 6+ and a 2013 GS350 F-Sport and it pairs fine at first. When I use the BT for music it works as normal, but when I try to make or receive calls it simply doesn't work. I see the name and number of my call on the vehicle's screen but I can't talk or hear anything, and the steering wheel controls don't work. I've had an iPhone 5 and a 5s paired to this car in the past and had no issues like this. I don't know if it's a phone issue or an issue with the car but it's frustrating. If anyone finds a fix please let me know.
I had that happen when my 5s got replaced under warranty. The phone name is the same since you restore from backup. That throws off the car. Delete the old profiles in your car and repair. The new phone. That does the trick.
Old 09-23-14, 07:34 PM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,046 Likes on 661 Posts

Yea, try doing a clean pair on both car and phone.
Old 09-24-14, 07:19 AM
drnelly
Driver School Candidate

I was experiencing this issue on my 14 GS350 F-Sport and iPhone 6+. Hope the following helps.

The speakerphone disconnect and unresponsive steering wheel controls issues disappeared after the following steps, hopefully this is repeatable for more folks:

1. Unpaired and deleted the phone from the car
2. Removed/forgot the car's bluetooth handshake from the phone. (Settings -> Bluetooth -> Car's name -> Forget Device)
3. Uninstall Lexus Enform App
4. Reset Network Settings on the iPhone 6+ (Settings -> Reset -> Reset Network Settings)
5. Restart iPhone
6. Re-paired the phone as usual
7. Re-install Lexus Enform App, log-in

Everything is working as expected now and I can make and receive calls from the phone and from the car's phone screen. Steering wheel controls and text messaging notifications also work as expected. Still can't reply with canned messages though.

Quick Reply: Iphone 6+ bluetooth