GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Why I will probably trade for another GS F Sport

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-14, 07:54 PM
BobBass
Pole Position

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

dseag2:

Did you see the post on the dented trim?

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...atchplate.html
Old 09-04-14, 08:43 PM
modthispny
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

im in the same boat, lease is up in march and trying to figure out what to get.

will look into the revised a6, but the trim i want(AWD 3.0T prestige/s-line) will cost in the 700's for a lease, and the interior just doesn't do it for me, way too vw ish and i swear non-S audi's don't come with real leather.

5 series, if im moving to german, has to be a v8, and i feel the current gen 5 series has been out for too long to jump into a 3 yr lease when the new body is coming out in 2016.

one car i will consider is the e550 coupe, VERY fast, can be had for around 700, and is a coupe and the revision did the car wonders so i'll definitely consider it.

if all else fails, i'll lease another gs350 f sport with a different color, probably white, and pay $150 less a month.
Old 09-05-14, 09:03 AM
sick21
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by modthispny
will look into the revised a6, but the trim i want(AWD 3.0T prestige/s-line) will cost in the 700's for a lease, and the interior just doesn't do it for me, way too vw ish and i swear non-S audi's don't come with real leather.
Same here. I wanted a 3.0T A6 with black optic pkg and led head lights. That's about $63k. The lease for the car just wasn't competitive with Lexus. Not even close. It was going to be over $900/mo for the Audi. That's when I knew the F Sport was a no brainer.
Old 09-05-14, 09:44 AM
blacksun
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by natnut
Why don't you get the 2015 GS450h F-Sport?

Instant torque from zero revs, higher top end power and top speed and overtaking/passing ability that rivals 400hp+ cars due to the instant electric engine response.

AND with the 2015 models, you can get DRS with the new F-Sport trim ( new for the 2014 GS450h).
Honestly the GS450h F-Sport will probably be my next car. It would solve my only gripe w/ my AWD F-Sport.
Old 10-04-14, 12:28 PM
5PM
Driver

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I've got a year to go and at this point I don't see anything I'd really like to have more than another GS F Sport. For my situation it's just about the perfect car; the only thing I'm disappointed in is the too soft, scratches-if-you-sneeze obsidian paint. If I get another black GS I might put an aftermarket clear coat on it Day One.
Old 10-04-14, 02:19 PM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,046 Likes on 661 Posts

Originally Posted by 5PM
I've got a year to go and at this point I don't see anything I'd really like to have more than another GS F Sport. For my situation it's just about the perfect car; the only thing I'm disappointed in is the too soft, scratches-if-you-sneeze obsidian paint. If I get another black GS I might put an aftermarket clear coat on it Day One.
Just clear bra the whole car and u'll be set for life!
Old 10-04-14, 07:58 PM
dseag2
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by BobBass
dseag2:

Did you see the post on the dented trim?

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...atchplate.html
Yes, already had it replaced!

BTW, since I started this thread I looked seriously at the new C-Class and just don't find the exterior impressive at all. A buddy of mine just purchased a CLS and I was pretty blown away riding in it. I've always liked that car. I'm waiting for the 2015 refreshed model to arrive at dealers. However, I've been doing research and it seems road noise is a consistent complaint. The GS isn't exactly quiet over concrete so it may be apples to apples. I'll have to check. I really wanted a smaller car, but there isn't anything that stacks up to the GS.
Old 10-04-14, 08:29 PM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,046 Likes on 661 Posts

Going from GS to C-Class is a downgrade to me. I don't like that iPad on the dash style that MB is doing to their new models now.
Old 10-05-14, 11:00 AM
Dustin2011
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dseag2

Audi A7: ...[the] Bang & Olefson for an additional $6000k+ to even get decent sound and even that isn't as good as the ML in m GS.
While a sound system may not be the deciding factor in purchasing a new vehicle, have you actually listed to the Bang & Olefson sound system? I have the B&O in my 2014 SQ5 and it sounds noticeably better than the ML in my 2014 GS 350. The B&O in the A7 is an even better system.
Old 10-05-14, 07:00 PM
dseag2
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Dustin2011
While a sound system may not be the deciding factor in purchasing a new vehicle, have you actually listed to the Bang & Olefson sound system? I have the B&O in my 2014 SQ5 and it sounds noticeably better than the ML in my 2014 GS 350. The B&O in the A7 is an even better system.
Yes, I had the Bang & Olufson system in the S5 that I traded for my GS. Although it was good, the Mark Levinson system in my GS is head and shoulders above it. Also, the B&O system is around $6k in the A7, which makes the pricing pretty ridiculous. Regardless of the sound system, one of the challenges with the A7 is that it is a hatchback and that doesn't lend itself to great sound.
Old 10-05-14, 09:10 PM
RNM GS3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 62 Likes on 46 Posts

Yes, already had it replaced!

BTW, since I started this thread I looked seriously at the new C-Class and just don't find the exterior impressive at all. A buddy of mine just purchased a CLS and I was pretty blown away riding in it. I've always liked that car. I'm waiting for the 2015 refreshed model to arrive at dealers. However, I've been doing research and it seems road noise is a consistent complaint. The GS isn't exactly quiet over concrete so it may be apples to apples. I'll have to check. I really wanted a smaller car, but there isn't anything that stacks up to the GS.
Have u tested the new 4 Series GranCoupe in 435i Msport trim?
If yes - how does it compare?
Old 10-06-14, 07:53 PM
dseag2
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by RNM GS3
Have u tested the new 4 Series GranCoupe in 435i Msport trim?
If yes - how does it compare?
No, I did a little research but in my humble opinion it doesn't really look any better than the standard 3 series. Also, I would think it has the same interior, which doesn't overwhelm me with desire.
Old 10-06-14, 09:10 PM
RNM GS3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 62 Likes on 46 Posts

No, I did a little research but in my humble opinion it doesn't really look any better than the standard 3 series. Also, I would think it has the same interior, which doesn't overwhelm me with desire.
While the interior is almost the same as the 3Series, u could option it with leather dash and variety of wood trim not offered on the 3.

Either way it would be a downgrade from an interior quality standpoint compared to GS.

If i were you, I would get the 2016 GS F which should have the mid-cycle refresh.
Old 10-07-14, 05:21 AM
jjscsix
Racer

Received 69 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by RNM GS3
While the interior is almost the same as the 3Series, u could option it with leather dash and variety of wood trim not offered on the 3.

Either way it would be a downgrade from an interior quality standpoint compared to GS.

If i were you, I would get the 2016 GS F which should have the mid-cycle refresh.
The last gen GS did not have a mid life refresh. They upgraded the engine once and that was it. Frankly, I'd be happy if the only upgrade the engine in the current car, but it will be too late for me. My BMW lease is up in six months.
Old 10-07-14, 07:37 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,520 Likes on 1,818 Posts

Originally Posted by jjscsix
The last gen GS did not have a mid life refresh. They upgraded the engine once and that was it. Frankly, I'd be happy if the only upgrade the engine in the current car, but it will be too late for me. My BMW lease is up in six months.
Yes it did. The 3GS had an engine update for 2007, and a mid cycle refresh for 2008 including a new front bumper, grille, mirrors, wheels, rear bumper, slight changes to the console inside, steering wheel. 2010 saw updated nav and enform, but the mid cycle refresh done in 2008 lasted until 2011 (there was no 2012 GS)

2006 GS:

2008 GS:

Quick Reply: Why I will probably trade for another GS F Sport