GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Traded in my 2013 for a 2014

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-14, 07:45 PM
djpeakSD
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Traded in my 2013 for a 2014

Sup guys! I haven't been on the forums for a while but I did just trade in my white 2013 for a black one. Since I got my white one in April of 2012, I didn't really get that great of a deal because it was so new and I had some negative equity from my last car and since the golden opportunity event was going on I called my guy at lexus and was able to make it happen and have my payment go down significantly so I said what the hell. I drove some Audis (A6, A7) I also drove some BMW's (550i, and 640 gran coupe and 650 gran coupe), just wasn't really into having a $1,200 payment on the gran coupe, but really really liked it.

First impressions of the 2014 Lexus. At first I was not a fan of the 8 speed transmission at all when I test drove it, I was really kind of bummed with it, but I have to say I love it now!!!! I am in the school of thought "break in your car how you want it to perform" so I have been hammering this thing since 10 miles on the clock, and the trans feels smoother then my old 6 speed and it doesn't feel like it is constantly searching for the right gear like it did when I test drove it . I love the power folding mirrors, I love black (I'm scared to touch it but hey it looks fresh) the auto seat cool and heat is nice, and I am also a fan of the cross traffic alert ( or whatever its called), I also loooove my cabernet interior!!!!!f

So I picked it up from the dealership yesterday and then took it straight to my suspension shop to get dropped and aligned then i took it to my tint shop for 15% all around and then finally took it to discount to swap out my censors in my wheels, and here it is.

Anyways I thought I should share with you guys!

Old 08-24-14, 07:51 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

nice... i see you. those Recaro seats are sic.
Old 08-24-14, 07:53 PM
Leonboy
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Very nice done. Can't go wrong with either colors.
Old 08-24-14, 08:05 PM
lazerlazer
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the same Recaro seats in my car
Old 08-24-14, 08:07 PM
djpeakSD
Lead Lap

Hahaha, yeah I had to go matching Recaro seats for my boys!

Last edited by djpeakSD; 08-24-14 at 08:17 PM.
Old 08-24-14, 09:13 PM
Dustin2011
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks great! I highly suggest getting a paint coating installed. I've seen lots of complaints about the black paint being soft and swirling easily. I went with Gtechniq Crystal Serum Paint Coating for my black Audi SQ5 and am really happy with it.
Old 08-24-14, 09:22 PM
djpeakSD
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Dustin2011
Looks great! I highly suggest getting a paint coating installed. I've seen lots of complaints about the black paint being soft and swirling easily. I went with Gtechniq Crystal Serum Paint Coating for my black Audi SQ5 and am really happy with it.
Its funny you should say that, I have my detailer coming by next weekend to do just that!!!
Old 08-24-14, 09:27 PM
Sosodef79
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice , got the same car combo. My advice is get that bad boy opti coated right away. The scratches will start to show right away

Last edited by Sosodef79; 08-24-14 at 09:35 PM.
Old 08-24-14, 09:29 PM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,046 Likes on 661 Posts

I don't know where in CA u are but stay away from the 101 Southbound near Hollywood area. They just resurfaced the damn thing and my car looked like it got sandblasted, front bumper, roof, glass all got chipped... and it's not even a month old!! Dammit!!! I'm taking the longer route starting tomorrow. lol
Old 08-25-14, 07:23 AM
obturator
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ItzFilyO
I don't know where in CA u are but stay away from the 101 Southbound near Hollywood area. They just resurfaced the damn thing and my car looked like it got sandblasted, front bumper, roof, glass all got chipped... and it's not even a month old!! Dammit!!! I'm taking the longer route starting tomorrow. lol

LOL, the things we do for our cars...
Old 08-25-14, 07:37 AM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Received 1,603 Likes on 1,021 Posts

Beautiful rides!

Question on the interior - is that pic of the new one or the old one? Not sure if that's just the camera playing games, but the interior looks to be flaxen, rather than cabernet. Either way, good choice!
Old 08-25-14, 07:55 AM
NewSpace
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Great write up! Tell us more about how the GS does with two kids in car seats… I'm interested because I now have three in car seats and I'm wondering if this is no longer an option for me. I know technically I could make them fit, and I've got the skinny car seats. But is it just ridiculous to even try?
Old 08-25-14, 08:55 AM
djpeakSD
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by ItzFilyO
Im in San Diego but thanks for the heads up!
Old 08-25-14, 08:56 AM
djpeakSD
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by JDR76
Beautiful rides!

Question on the interior - is that pic of the new one or the old one? Not sure if that's just the camera playing games, but the interior looks to be flaxen, rather than cabernet. Either way, good choice!
Yeah it is Cabernet but I think the flash is throwing it off! I like Flaxen too but just didn't think it looked as good with the F sport interior trim.
Old 08-25-14, 08:59 AM
djpeakSD
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by NewSpace
Great write up! Tell us more about how the GS does with two kids in car seats… I'm interested because I now have three in car seats and I'm wondering if this is no longer an option for me. I know technically I could make them fit, and I've got the skinny car seats. But is it just ridiculous to even try?
Wow three kids in car seats, you have your hands full, hahaha! Is your oldest big enough for a booster? Its definitely possible but it would be tight back there. My niece goes to school with my boys 2 years and 4 years old, and I do pick them all up sometimes and have a booster in the middle but thats not everyday. But its possible for sure.

Quick Reply: Traded in my 2013 for a 2014