GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

GS versus Cayman GTS

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-14, 09:09 AM
NewSpace
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

For me it mostly depends on two things: 1) your stage in life. For example do you have kids. 2) your financial situation. Can you afford to have multiple cars for different reasons. Like a sports car for weekend fun, and a daily driver for the commute.
In other words, buy impractical but fun cars while you're single! Otherwise get the GS an have the best of all worlds.
Old 08-16-14, 09:51 AM
SlangBlade
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by lazerlazer
Lol that's what I was thinking. Mine as well as get a Boxster aka the poor man's Porsche
Originally Posted by gotink
The cayman,do those come with tampons. It's a chick car plain and simple,might as well by a miata
You guys have no idea what you're talking about. Anyone that bags on the Caymen hasn't driven one, even Top Gear sings their praises.
Old 08-16-14, 11:56 AM
bocahoo
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by SlangBlade
You guys have no idea what you're talking about. Anyone that bags on the Caymen hasn't driven one, even Top Gear sings their praises.
Yeah really. A ~4.0 second 0-60 time, nearly 180 mph top speed, quarter mile in the 12's, and best handling car in the porsche line up is a "chick car". I'd hate to see the chicks you guys hang out with. I've never heard the cayman, and certainly not the cayman GTS referred to as a chick car.

Last edited by bocahoo; 08-16-14 at 12:18 PM.
Old 08-16-14, 01:18 PM
NewSpace
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Better comparison: GS vs Tesla Model S
Old 08-16-14, 01:37 PM
JEFFOS69
Pole Position

The new Cayman is very nice and not a girl car.
Old 08-16-14, 01:40 PM
gotink
Rookie

Is There a bunch of people on there periods in here this week.lol.....Could give to f** ks what it does or what top gears says .It's like screwing fat chicks,it might be fun till your friends find out...
Old 08-16-14, 01:57 PM
bocahoo
Driver School Candidate

Is There a bunch of people on there periods in here this week.lol.....Could give to f** ks what it does or what top gears says .It's like screwing fat chicks,it might be fun till your friends find out...
I find it interesting that someone who drives the most popular luxury brand for women (Lexus by a fairly wide margin), would sling "chick car" insults at a company that sells ~80% of its cars to men. And if you eliminated the Cayenne from Porsche's statistics (which tends to skew towards women), the Porsche sales statistics are probably even more male dominated.
Old 08-16-14, 02:20 PM
gotink
Rookie

[QUOTE=bocahoo;8673355]I find it interesting that someone who drives the most popular luxury brand for women (Lexus by a fairly wide margin), would sling "chick car" insults at a company that sells ~80% of its cars to men. And if you eliminated the Cayenne from Porsche's statistics (which tends to skew towards women), the Porsche sales statistics are probably even more male dominated.[/

They built. These to target a different crowd just like when Ferrari and Lamborghini came out with there first auto,it was to broaden there audience of owners....

That's why I waited to by a car from lexus, wanted something a little more aggressive ...my other lexus was a built lx450...the only other lexus car that ever intrested me was the IS F....funny enough this is my wife's car...I,m just playing with it for her...this was a toss up between a nissan GTR for me, and the lexus for her,she won, needed something more family friendly.And I got the last new truck..
Old 08-16-14, 02:47 PM
bocahoo
Driver School Candidate

[QUOTE=gotink;8673374]
Originally Posted by bocahoo
I find it interesting that someone who drives the most popular luxury brand for women (Lexus by a fairly wide margin), would sling "chick car" insults at a company that sells ~80% of its cars to men. And if you eliminated the Cayenne from Porsche's statistics (which tends to skew towards women), the Porsche sales statistics are probably even more male dominated.[/

They built. These to target a different crowd just like when Ferrari and Lamborghini came out with there first auto,it was to broaden there audience of owners....

That's why I waited to by a car from lexus, wanted something a little more aggressive ...my other lexus was a built lx450...the only other lexus car that ever intrested me was the IS F....funny enough this is my wife's car...I,m just playing with it for her...this was a toss up between a nissan GTR for me, and the lexus for her,she won, needed something more family friendly.And I got the last new truck..
Yes because at the top of the list of what women want in cars is a 6 speed manual or dual-clutch transmission, top speed of nearly 180 mph, 340 hp in a ~3000 lb car that runs the quarter mile in the 12s and will run circles around just about any other car on the track. Porsche sure checked off all the "chick car" attributes when building the cayman. Nevermind Porsche's concern that they actually built a BETTER sports car than the more expensive 911 and that they worry about cannibalizing more profitable 911 sales with an equally if not more capable Cayman.
Old 08-16-14, 03:35 PM
alSpeed2k
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As others have said, if space is not a problem and because you asked this question, I assume money isn't either, Cayman GTS! No competition!
Old 08-16-14, 03:39 PM
SlangBlade
Pole Position

A little insecure, are we?

Originally Posted by bocahoo
I find it interesting that someone who drives the most popular luxury brand for women (Lexus by a fairly wide margin), would sling "chick car" insults at a company that sells ~80% of its cars to men. And if you eliminated the Cayenne from Porsche's statistics (which tends to skew towards women), the Porsche sales statistics are probably even more male dominated.
Agreed.

The fact is, they are both nice cars, and the OP won't go wrong either way!
Old 08-16-14, 06:47 PM
raytseng
Instructor

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

The cayman,do those come with tampons. It's a chick car plain and simple,might as well by a miata
Your perception doesn't match with reality though.
I bet if you look at sales numbers the percentage of female owners of Lexus and the GS in particular is much higher than female owners of a porsche cayman or boxster or miata or s2000. Every gen of the GS has a waaay higher proportion of female owners then what you think car is "marketed" as. They just have better things to do then post on an internet forum.

So, between these 2 options, the Lexus GS is by far more of the "chick" car if you're talking about ownership. Heck the GS doesn't even come in manual transmission, so you might as well turn in your man card now.

Anyway who are you trying to impress? Seems like someone is too worried about what others think!

If you think women will talk to you more because you drive a Cayman or a GS, or even a ferrari, that's a different story where you'd also be wrong. It's all going to be dudes talking to you about your car unless you have a puppy or baby in the car with you.

Last edited by raytseng; 08-16-14 at 06:51 PM.
Old 08-16-14, 07:33 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,519 Likes on 1,817 Posts

Not at all...you just have no idea what you're talking about LOL

The Cayman is an awesome car, especially the GTS. Anybody who says its a "chick car" is too ignorant to be having any meaningful conversation with real auto enthusiasts.
Old 08-16-14, 08:53 PM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,046 Likes on 661 Posts

Old 08-17-14, 09:19 AM
JT51
Driver

Originally Posted by ItzFilyO

You could get close to both in a Porsche Panamera, when I had my Cayman in the shop, they lent me a Panamera, a car I always hated and ridiculed until I drove it for 10 days, did not want to give it back, and, ultimately, when I needed to get a 4 door performance vehicle, couldn't really justify the money for the Panamera, I choose the GS F Sport. But as I said before I miss the Cayman.

Quick Reply: GS versus Cayman GTS