Selecting all options / packages on a GS350

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-14, 09:08 PM
koda
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Selecting all options / packages on a GS350

Hi,

I went online to configure a GS350 and this would be my first Lexus and I'm wondering how one selects all options available for a GS350.

For example it looks like you select a package such as: F SPORT Package with Additional Options but I don't see how I can get everything else. Like it seems from the chart that F SPORT Package with Additional Options is the top of line but it doesn't have options like: Rain-sensing wipers , Power rear sunshade , Heated and ventilated front seats etc... there's no check marks on the options chart.

Could someone explain how I can pick these options?

Thanks.
Old 08-14-14, 09:29 PM
BobBass
Pole Position

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

The Lexus configurator is the WORST! Some of the independent sites like "KBB" and "NADA" are much better. I forget which one is best.
Old 08-14-14, 09:41 PM
koda
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by BobBass
The Lexus configurator is the WORST! Some of the independent sites like "KBB" and "NADA" are much better. I forget which one is best.
So is it possible to have all the options ? I've done configurations for a bunch of different cars , but the lexus one seems a bit lacking.
Old 08-14-14, 10:04 PM
Matt11212
Driver School Candidate

Its possible. My fsport has all those options.
Old 08-14-14, 10:06 PM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,046 Likes on 661 Posts

Those options u listed are standard on the FSport model.

However, I don't see the option for DRS and HUD on the configuration, but they are optional.
Old 08-14-14, 10:44 PM
koda
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by ItzFilyO
Those options u listed are standard on the FSport model.

However, I don't see the option for DRS and HUD on the configuration, but they are optional.
Since when I configure the car and I select the most expensive package which is the FSport with additional options doesn't have everything checked on the chart it will have all the options I mentioned? As far as the DRS and HUD isn't an option as you've mentioned , does this mean I can not get pricing using the lexus' own website?
Old 08-14-14, 10:47 PM
wfibear
Pit Crew

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

I recommend using truecar.com. The only thing is that in some cases it will let you choose package combinations that will conflict with each other, so you'll need to pay attention to that stuff (like letting you select luxury and f sport at the same time, which isn't possible to buy). The price they show there is the precalculated truecar discount, but the MSRP should be up in the corner. FWIW, a fully loaded RWD F-Sport MSRPs around $64-65k
Old 08-14-14, 11:29 PM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

I've never used the website to build a car cause it's not like ordering an iPhone, the configurator is weird. I don't even see the DRS and HUD options on the website configurator.

I always go to the dealer and tell them the car I want with the colors and options I want, or in this case ask them for a fully loaded one they'll find the car and just read the options included off the papers they print out.

And as far as the FSport having all that options, yes all the FSports I've seen all have them and even the ML system. I've come across 5 FSports including mine when I was car shopping and they're all equipped with the same options with the same price.
Old 08-15-14, 05:31 AM
sick21
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Yeah the Lexus configurator is a joke. And the pic on their website with the Cabernet interior looks super red and awesome, I was disappointed when I picked up my car (I'd never seen one before). Anyways, try using a third party such as kbb or edmunds like mentioned above. Or ask your dealer what specific options there are for the model you're interested in if you have found one.

My RWD F Sport was $59,2XX and doesn't have HUD, DRS, adaptive cruise or a power trunk. Hope that helps
Old 08-15-14, 12:27 PM
Afrosheen
Lexus Test Driver

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

My RWD 2013 came fully loaded, retailed at around 63-64k. DRS, HUD, ML, you name it. Everything but the cold weather package, and I don't even know if you can get that here in Texas.

As others have said, don't fuss with the online config, roll in to a dealer and talk to some sales people. Tell the person up front you're just doing research and aren't going to make a decision today and they will lower the pressure.
Old 08-15-14, 08:16 PM
dseag2
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Afrosheen
My RWD 2013 came fully loaded, retailed at around 63-64k. DRS, HUD, ML, you name it. Everything but the cold weather package, and I don't even know if you can get that here in Texas.

As others have said, don't fuss with the online config, roll in to a dealer and talk to some sales people. Tell the person up front you're just doing research and aren't going to make a decision today and they will lower the pressure.
Ditto. Mine is loaded as well. I went to the dealer and told them what I wanted and we went through the list of cars on order to find the right one.
Old 08-15-14, 08:47 PM
NewSpace
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Remember how the Lexus configurator asks for your zip code at the beginning of the build? That narrows the selection of options to what's available in your state. So everyone "sees" different combinations. For example, you won't find a LDH/DRS option when you put in a California zip, but Texas has it. The site is quite accurate, but if you want a "loaded" version with options that aren't normally available in your region, you will have to either special order or have your dealer locate a car elsewhere.

First world problem!
Old 08-15-14, 09:09 PM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

So those that have DRS and other goodies that are on dealers lot here in CA must be special orders and the buyers backed out.
Old 08-16-14, 11:46 AM
NewSpace
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by ItzFilyO
So those that have DRS and other goodies that are on dealers lot here in CA must be special orders and the buyers backed out.
Please let me know where. I've been looking for one.
Old 08-16-14, 12:06 PM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Thing is.. I've never seen one myself, but I heard people say.

Quick Reply: Selecting all options / packages on a GS350